Your 10 Worst Movies of the Decade

Sorry, I missed the EDIT window:

I just remembered one of the worst movies I’ve ever seen. Master P has a “Holly Hood” movie collection, and his horror movie “Don’t Be Scared” (which I saw strictly because I like one of the actresses in it) from 2006 is one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. It’s like the filmmakers have never seen a movie before. The only good things about it are it is only 45 minutes long (despite the 75 minute long running time printed on the back of the DVD) and the aforementioned actress (Samantha Droke, who I’m surprised to see in this sort of movie).

Oh god yes, I was completely baffled from the start.

Planet of the Apes – the remake was atrocious.

But as the Worst of the Worst – and I know of which I speak – I gotta go with The Wicker Man. To be fair, it transcended bad – I almost passed out from laughter when Nicolas Cage was running around in the bear suit beating up girls.

From 1 to 10:

Transformers

:rolleyes:

That’s just silly.

I had heard awful things about the Paris Hilton flick so I err… viewed it on my computer and found it to be so atrocious I couldn’t get past the 1st 1/2 hour.

where is the hate for Million Dollar Baby? Most over-hyped and over-praised movie in my opinion…

Oooh, I meant to have Transformers on my list as well.

Terribly boring. Never saw the sequel.

*Transformers *was hideous. How you can make a movie about giant robots and explosions so incredibly boring, I have no idea, but *Transformers *achieved it.

But the WORST movie I’ve seen this decade was some PAINFULLY bad slapstick thing with Cuba Gooding Junior on a cruise ship. I saw it on a long-haul bus ride in Colombia and couldn’t get away from it. The volume was turned up so loud that it was impossible to sleep through or ignore. It made me want to gnaw my own head off.

This reminds me that I saw *Taken *on another one of these bus rides and loathed it as well.

eta: The horrible Cuba Gooding Junior movie was Boat Trip. (I looked it up on IMDB.) I’d repressed that it was about two straight men who end up on a gay cruise. OH MY SIDES.

I’m only able to do this with the assistance of my Netflix rating history. I have a hard time remembering crappy movies. Of the movies I saw this decade, these are the ones I hated the most.

In no particular order:

A Beautiful Mind. I remember being very angry after seeing this movie, mainly because it seemed like everyone else was hypnotized into loving it or something. I won’t watch Russell Crowe movies any more.

Beauty Shop. I saw this with some of my family (i.e., not by choice). I was expecting not to hate it because I kind of liked Barber Shop, but man oh man was it bad. Only redeeming quality was seeing Rudy Huxtable all grown up.

Bridget Jones 2. I absolutely love the first one, despite hating both Renee Zellweger and Colin Firth. I was very much hoping the sequel would delight, but it was painfully bad.

Click. Another horrible family experience. My mom and sister actually love this sappy piece of crap. I do my very best to avoid Adam Sandler movies now.

For Your Consideration. Unmet expectations make me mad. I love the rest of Christopher Guest’s fake documentaries, but this was awful all the way through.

The Holiday. How could a movie with two actors I love (Kate Winslet and Jude Law) and one actor I think is hilarious (Jack Black) be so absolutely terrible? I don’t think I can even blame it all on Cameron Diaz.

Mamma Mia. I’m learning that I shouldn’t go to movies with the female members of my family. I love Abba, I love musicals, I usually like Meryl Streep and Pierce Brosnan. Aside from the bad singing, I don’t understand my loathing for this movie. But I do know that it’s very strong.

No Country for Old Men. I’m still angry that I watched this movie.

The Village. I bet if I had seen The Happening, that would be my least favorite movie of the decade. Thankfully, this crappy movie preventing me from watching that crappier movie.

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story. Not a single funny moment. Absolutely painful to watch.

I don’t know why anyone narrows down M. Night Shyamalan movies. ALL of his movies are terrible.

transformers, the happening, timeline, wickerman

I’ve never seen this movie, but I have seen the clip of Eddie Vedder’s cameo and I thought it was hilarious. (There’s also an “extended” version which I guess is from the deleted scenes of the DVD.) I can see how it wouldn’t be as funny if you’re not a Pearl Jam fan or if you don’t know that this isn’t just a parody of long-winded and over-earnest award presenter speeches in general, but also a parody of Eddie Vedder’s speeches in particular. I love the guy, but he can be perhaps just a tad too serious when it comes to talking about his musical heroes. He infamously droned on for 17 minutes while inducting the Ramones into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It was very funny for me to see him engaging in some self-parody here.

I also just find it amusing to hear Eddie Vedder intone “What do we think about when we think about Cox?”

For all I know the rest of the movie is terrible, but for me at least there’s ONE funny minute. :slight_smile:

transformers - the whole concept is stupid
the happening - i dont know which was worse, the acting or the story
timeline- paul walker is one of the top 10 worst actors ever
wickerman - ridiculous story with a one note actor
88 minutes - al pacino’s middle aged fantasy
beyond a reasonable doubt - stupid story, stupid main actor
matrix 2 and 3 - the promise of the first movie wasted due to dumb love stories
the room- actually so bad its become good
fast and furious - bad actors, bad stories.
i must suggest watching some of these rifftrax’d though, makes them enjoyable

can only edit for 5 mins wtf

blasphemy!!!

dude wheres my car and waiting were funny stuff as well.

i agree with you on eagle eye- shia ledouche, need I say more- ok the more is a ridiculous story, but i thought the spirit was ok

I’d include Catwoman, Basic Instinct 2, and Garden State.

V for Vendetta

and then 9 other movies.

I’ll add Funny People to the list.

And my vote cancels Red’s - The Hangover was the funniest movie I’ve seen all decade.

Like Chum, I’m having to use Netflix here to refresh my memory. It’s surprising how many of these I’ve blocked from memory, only to see their names, and remember the horror.

**Be Kind Rewind **- I saw this with a friend and the premise sounds promising, but I hated every second of it despite loving Jack Black.
**Date Movie **- I got tricked into seeing this because Alysson Hanigan starred. Bad decision on my part.
**Electra **- I actually liked DareDevil and own it on DVD. This almost makes me hate it by extension.
Lady in the Water - I really like Paul Giamatti so I was hoping for something good here, but this was just terrible.
**Lost in Translation **- I wanted to love this, but it bored me to tears.
Moulin Rouge - Another movie I saw with a friend. She loves it, I less so. I’d heard how great it was for years, though, so I thought I’d give it a try, and it was as terrible as I was expecting it would be.
**Napoleon Dynamite **- Most overhyped movie EVER. God, I wanted to punch everyone in the face that told me how great this movie was. Horrible, horrible, horrible.
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End - As terrible as the first one was amazing.
**Super Troopers **- Stupid, execrable comedy.
**Transformers **- I grew up on Transformers, and love the idea of huge robots beating the crap out of each other, but this was just terrible. My childhood is ruined.

You are dead to me.

Did you see There will be blood? It’s been mentioned in this thread. I can really imagine people hating NCfOM, but at least it told a story.

ETA: and none of the characters were confusingly similar - as in: played by the same actor, with no hint at all.