Your beer of choice is?

My personal “beer of choice” is Harp, though I will have a Killian’s or a Sammy in a pinch. Though, since Sam Adams is regionally brewed, it can be a bit uneven. None of it compares with the Sammy brewed in Boston.

But definatly Harp above all others. Yummy.

I AM CANADIAN.

THIS IS NOT THE APOLOGY THREAD.

:slight_smile:

Tsk tsk.

Shame on you slythe.

Carlsberg Elephant, despite my friends all thinking it tastes like shellac.

EW!

Your friends drink shellac?

:wink:

Mr. Ceeee!
http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?threadid=25786

hee-hee

No, they leave it all for me!

I still have a hard time drinking Fat Tire. I got introduced to it as a good beer to buy when you have chicks around who don’t like real beer. Personally I need something you feel as well as taste, Stouts or ESB’s usually.

Bohemia

Red, White, and Blue or Pig’s Eye…no, not really. I’m generally not a beer drinker. Give me a liter of Tequila and a shot glass and I’m happy. And, usually, table dancing.

Beck’s.

Such pure stuff. It’s easy on my allergies too. And Newcastle Brown while at the local pub. And if I’m feeling partucularly dirty, Guinness will complement the mood.

Ah, sue me. :smiley:

It’s amazing how fuzzy the ol’ memory gets when you’re plastered. Anyway, I think that was the week I was in Oregon. Musta been.

Guinness, Sam Adams, and at Kramerbooks in Dupont Circle, Old Dominion Stout

In the winter months, which I currently am in, then it’s the dark ales: Speight’s Old Dark or a Black Mac.

In summer, you can’t go wrong with Monteith’s Summer Ale which has a pleasant dash of manuka honey.

Guinness, Newcastle Brown Ale, and Rappahannock Red. (Gotta find me some of that stuff soon!)

I’m always up for trying something new, which is why I enjoy the hell out of the Brickskeller any time I can get up there (which ain’t often, these days). I’ve only met one beer I didn’t like (some Jamaican stout that tasted like molasses - if I want molasses I’ll have vanilla ice cream, thank you!) but very few beers I’d have again and again.

I haven’t heard of Fred but I can match it - a tasty little brew called Urbock 23. DC Dopers - you can get it at The Saloon next to Ben’s Chili Bowl on U Street. They only sell you one glass a night - it’s a smallish one, but it’s worth the $3. Great way to start off a couple of rounds!

::Looking down and waving at the Colorado Dopers like the opening of the Brady Bunch::

We have Fat Tire in Montana! It’s pretty good. I also like Harp, Beck’s, and Heinekien (looking at others listed previously), but don’t like Sam Adams. My fave is another regional brew, Widmer Hefeweizen, from the Widmer Brewery in Portland, Oregon. Mmmmmmm. I also like Pete’s Wicked Ale and Rolling Rock. Yes, Rolling Rock. :slight_smile:

McEwans Export!!! (don’t get the India Pale Ale)

I’d also go for any of the Trappist ales.

Dang! I used to drink the stuff all the time, but I can’t remember exactly how to spell it. Pilsner Urquell? Is that right? Its a great Czech Beer.

Yes, the best beer in the world is German. But the best German beer in the world comes from the Czech Republic (the Bohemian part) which shares the same brewing traditions going back to its old German minority. My personal favorites:

Czech:
Budvar/Budweiser (careful: the original Budweiser --not the U.S. crap!!!) Tastes best in the Czech Rep. itself. Real ambrosia there, dangerous since I can’t help myself.

German:
Köstritzer Schwarzbier (dark beer)
Freiberger Pils

When back in New York:
New Amsterdam ain’t bad.

U.K.:
Any good local bitter. McEwan’s is good too. Can’t understand why crap U.S. “Bud” is now so popular there, but that’s the power of advertising. Absolutely amazing.