Your favorite comfort food?

Lasagna.

Pancakes (which I just had for dinner!)

Mashed potatoes with ketchup.

Tofutti Cuties.

And avocadoes with lemon juice and a dash of pepper.

mashed potato (with lots of butter) and a chunky meat pie :slight_smile:

Hot buttered toast.
With hot chocolate (toast cut into strips for easy dipping) or sans chocolate, I just enjoy some toast.

[homer]mmmmm…butter…[/homer]

Grilled cheese sandwich, cut diagonally. I dip the corner points into a bowl of Campbell’s tomato soup. mmMMM good!

Fried balogna sandwich on toasted sourdough bread with a little bit of mustard and a Dr. Pepper on ice. This brings me right back to childhood which brings me alot of comfort.

Chicken-fried steak with the proper white gravy, as has been previously noted–I think this’ll be a big one for folks from the South/Midwest. My grandma was from Texas, and I associate chicken-fried steak with the good times I had at her house (she died when I was eleven).

Most anything else fried with a sauce–wings, cheese sticks, good Belgian frites and mayo, fried zucchini and mushrooms, etc.

Occasionally, I’ll do eggs and grits, but it has to be a cold night for this to be properly savoured. Sometimes nothing but corned beef hash with poached eggs will suit.

Booze, especially bourbon.

Booklover we too love wrecked eggs cheese and catsup/hot sauce on toast.
My Comfort food is a warm sandwich - leftovers in buttered bread, like spahetti or meatloaf

I really like my home-made macaroni and cheese casserole. But for pure decadence, I have discovered “Snicker’s Spread” in the peanut butter and jelly aisle in my local supermarket. It has peanut butter, chocolate, and caramel swirled in a jar. I suppose you could use it as a sandwich spread, but I either eat it with a spoon or heat it up and pour over vanilla ice cream. Good stuff.

Anything Chinese and, yes, pierogi! Also, potatoes cooked anyway. Homemade macaroni and cheese, and tomato cakes.

Am I the only woman on earth who looks at anything chocolate with complete indifference?

Vietnamese beef soup. (Pho.) Chicken potpie with extra crust and gravy. Ice cream. Homemade chicken soup (when sick). Pot roast. Cheese sauce (real homemade cheese sauce) with sliced ham and french bread. Actually, bread. Bread is perfect.

A can of Campbell’s Tomato Soup, made with milk instead of water. Add a big pile of saltines on top, and a grilled cheese sandwich on the side.
Heaven!

Chili.

It has to be made with the Carrol Shelby’s stuff, served over Fritos, sour cream and mild cheddar cheese, with a little bit of sour cream and a few more Fritos sprinkled over the top.

homemade baked mac and cheese… yummmmmmmmmm…
now i’m hungry:(

I have a recipe for 12 cheese lasagna. It’s a much fun to make as it is to eat.

Tapioca pudding.
Brown and Haley Mountain Bars, any flavor.
Copper River salmon.
Regular Pringles.

If you do not post that recipe immediately, I will lead a charge of Vegetarian Dopers to your door and beat it out of you.

Now, I agree with a lot of these foods. I love Campbell’s Tomatoe Soup with cheddar cheese and eggs mixed in. My favorite is to buy a box of diet white chocolate pudding, make it with skim milk in the blender, add a half-cup of almonds and top with Cool Whip Lite.

Cheese Omlette.

homemade popcorn.

Dinty Moore Beef Stew, with the requisite added onion, garlic, and bell pepper, over some split-open Bisquick biscuits. Mrs. Nott likes to throw some cornmeal and rosemary in the biscuit, and that’s delightful. The recipe on the box makes a splendid biscuit, though.

For the British among us, I’m speaking of a quick rising lumpish bread product a little too big to close your fingers around. I’m told the English mean “cookie” when they say “biscuit.”

Bisquick, if you haven’t tried it, is a baking mix in a box, that makes biscuits and pancakes almost as yummy as from-scratch.

Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.