Your first movie nudity

Inspired by my own first scary movie thread.

The first actress I remember seeing naked is either Julie Andrews in S.O.B.(1981) or Jamie Lee Curtis in Trading Places(1983). In all likelihood JA was probably first but since I saw these movies on HBO, I can’t be sure. My memory of JA is kinda cloudy. I just remember that I had seen it but I definitely remember JLC standing in the mirror taking off the wig and dress. I had no bedtime on weekends and HBO, Cinemax et al provided great entertainment back in my ‘early’ :wink: teens.

This Entertainment Weekly article talks about golden age of the teen sex comedy and how it was kinda difficult to see naked boobies in the 80s. Those were good times. Fast Times at Ridgemont High > American Pie.

Revenge of the Nerds! First male nudity? Life of Brian!

Airplane! Age 14, in the theater, with my parents sitting next to me. The “OK, Panic” light goes on inside the plane, chaos ensues, and suddenly, there’s a blonde lass shaking her impressive, nekkid gazongas at the camera. Half of me was enthused, the other half wanted to crawl under the seat. :slight_smile:

I don’t know if this counts because I don’t think she was technically nude, but my first impression of movie nudity came from a scene in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Airplane for me too. I wore out my VHS of that movie by pausing it too much. As for male nudity, it had to be the random naked guy laying down in the asylum at the beginning of Amadeus.

I thrived on the soft-core stuff that HBO and Cinemax had back in the late 80s/early 90s. 3AM on a Sunday? Was that a noise? Change the channel, TV off, pretend to be asleep!

Logan’s Run. Jenny Agutter and some guy (coulda been Michael York; all I cared about was how disappointed I was that it wasn’t me) were dripping wet in an ice cave, and needed to change into some handy parkas that [del]Reverend Preacherbot[/del] Rosco Lee Brownebot brought them.

But first they had to get out of the wet things.

Thank you, Jenny. :slight_smile:

Brooke Shields in Blue Lagoon.

My first for both male and female nudity was a movie little remembered today,
“Buster and Billie”. Jan-Michael Vincent was the guy, I think the girl was Joan Goodfellow, but I’m guessing. I guess she didn’t do much after that. She put in a good performance, but she had hardly any dialogue. Interesting film. I remembered it far longer than the picture I had gone there to see “Law and Disorder”, a rather brutal comedy featuring Ernest Borgnine and Carroll O’Connor!

Barbarella 1968. It was hard to see Jane any other way for years.

No idea what it was, but I’m sure it was on HBO. Possibly one of the burlesque shows they used to do.

I’d been looking at my dad’s Penthouses and Hustlers since I was 7 or so, so it was actually kind of a letdown.

Same for me at the time but I was only four years old watched it in the theater with my parents and grandparents. I knew I was heterosexual at a very young age so it was pop a boner time. OTOH, I was still free to see my parents naked at that age so that took some of the novelty out of such things.

Probably Ursula Andress in The Blue Max. I would have been 9, maybe 10 when I saw that in the theater. I knew what to look for, because I had seen photos of the scene in my father’s Playboys.

College, she and I were both drunk and we decided to get the camcorder out…
Oh- never mind. Probably Blue Lagoon.

Sproinnnnnggggg!!!

Ah, yes, the annual Sex in the Cimena issue. Every December the kids had the Sears Catalog Wishbook, and the dads had a wishbook of their own…

I don’t remember the title (or the plot really). A college guy was caught spying on a group of sorority girls in their house. They captured and stripped him. He had to make his way back to the frat house buck naked. It was made in the 80s or late 70s (back when men could have body hair). First female nudity was Linnea Quigley in Return of the Living Dead when I was 6 or 7.

I believe the answer to this and the other (first horror movie) thread would be The Amnityville Horror.

Both Police Academy & Revenge of the Nerds came out in 1984 so I’m not sure which one I saw first.

I think Trading Places.

I watched that movie a lot as a kid.

First male nudity was possibly Mandy Patinkin’s in YENTL. He went skinnydipping and though he had a completely unmemorable backside and flabby white body, I was 16 and turned on by most anything nekkid.

The first I can remember watching on a loop on the VCR whenever I had the TV/VCR to myself (which was extremely rare) was a recording of Romeo & Juliet (the Leonard Whiting/Olivia Husseyversion) that somehow aired uncut on late night TV ca. '82/'83. Whiting was the subject of Ishtar knows how many of my facilitated fantasies in the early 80s.

It was Airplane! for me, I believe I was 11 when I saw it.