Your go-to egg recipes

Scramble with Boursin.

NYC Breakfast Sandwich.

Slow cook 2-3 rashers of bacon while you heat the oven up to 325. Put cheese of choice onto one of two slices of bread, then pop them in the oven (I’ve been using white American cheddar in a frenzy of nostalgia for my New Haven college years).

When the bacon is crisp, remove it and scramble a seasoned beaten egg in the bacon grease. When JUST done, slip it onto the toast with the melted cheese. Top with the bacon and cover with the other piece of toast (which can be spread with soft butter or a little mayo, to taste).

Let it cool for a moment before slicing, and serve with ice cold Clamato or V8 juice.

Not usually for breakfast because of prep time:
classic egg, sausage, cheese, and tater tot casserole, only in the interest of cutting carbs we substitute green giant veggie tots (broccoli and cheddar). Even veggie-averse Mr CK likes it.

Cholesterol bomb: fried egg, hard with yolk broken, slice of ham (fried in same pan), cheese, and buttered toast sandwich.

Huevo frito con puntilla, of course.

Andrés folds it up, which I don’t, but hey, that’s why he’s got fancy stars and I just have my trusty Holy Fried Eggs Pan.

If you combine it with white rice, plain tomato sauce and sausages, you get the dish that’s called arroz a la cubana in Spain (cuban-style rice). It appears to be based on actual Cuban dish rice with fried plantain, but the only common ingredient is the rice.

Our dish called “egg-in-a-basket” involves lining muffin pans with buttered bread, adding a sprinkle of chopped ham and herbs, cracking eggs into the “baskets” created, seasoning and topping with some grated cheese, then baking until the eggs are set to taste, by which time you have a nicely browned toast cup…I know the hole-in-fried-slice variety is the more common dish by that name, though. But mine is better.

Too late to edit: Something like this.

Although now I see the version that uses ham as the basket, and I’ve got to try that.

My favorite fast food, period.

I often have to grab a quick lunch (or second breakfast;-) while I’m running errands on my bike. Those cheapass egg burritos have kept me from buying McWhoppers and getting fat.

Hunter’s Breakfast - Cut two med sized red skinned potatoes into inch cubes and partially fry in skillet with salt, pepper, and a bit of oil. When spuds are about half cooked, add one onion (frenched) and a could of stemmed and halved jalapeno. Continue frying until done to your liking. Add two-three beaten eggs and scramble them with the veggies, add too much hot sauce and top with shredded cheese. Shut off the heat and cover the skillet with a lid for five minutes. Serve with rye toast or use a flour tortilla to make a breakfast burrito.