Your MODEST dream car collection

If (correction: when) I finalyl get a DeLorean, it will be from here. A company out in Texas that restores and fixes them up for resale. They cost a lot more than a normal used one, but it’s worth it to be sure everything on the car works right when you get it. And yes, the lock problem is a known issue. And, oddly enough, I stumbled upon this while looking for info on the DeLorean and it’s lock issue. :confused:

I bought my dream car two weeks ago: a yellow '99 Volkswagen New Beetle, five-speed manual, fully loaded. It’s the most beautiful damn thing I’ve ever seen.

If I could have one other car, it would be a yellow Corvette, just about any year.

That’s all. I don’t need three other choices.

1984 Renault Fuego - Owned two in the past and really miss them, a zippy little car, and had the coolest soft fold back roof than ran almost the entire length of the roof.

1967 Pontiac Firebird - My first car, foolishly sold it many years ago, :frowning:

1974 AMC AMX Javelin - A friend owns this car, original paint(yellow w/original decal stripe), a contest winner, niiice.

2001 Isuzu Vehicross - The SUV to beat all SUVs, very spacy.

1969 Shelby Mustang Convertible - Cobra Jet, Ran across this one in my twenties($15,000).

The Elise is available in the US, albeit after a bit of a wait at most dealers. I’d love one but first I need to drop a few^H^H^H lot of pounds so I can fit in one. I really love my GenII 1986 Toyota Supra, too. Awesome styling and decent performance, with a Lotus-designed suspension (see, the Elise wasn’t the first Toyota-powered Lotus design).

As far as European cars, here’s my relatively obtainable list.
1979 Porsche/Ruf 935 The ultimate doctor-killer.
1976 Porsche 914S Had one 18 years ago, want another one now.
1982 Audi Quattro I mean the big bad Group B car.
1984 Renault R5 Turbo Yes, a Renault, but only the mid-engine rwd version.
1989 BMW M635CSi A true classic. As classic as the 300SLR, IMHO, but far cheaper and faster.
Surely $100,000 would cover collectible examples of my five.

Porsche 911 Turbo (996)
The newest BMW M5 - it’s got frickin’ launch control!
Saab 9-3 convertible, because it’s such a cool car
Porsche 356B
Jaguar E-Type coupe - classiest car ever built

Fully restored and modded Rabbit GTI
Karmann Ghia convertible
Buick GNX
Imported Nissan Skyline
61 Corvette Convertible w/ Tuxedo paint job

I’d like to have a car with dependable headlights, a working driver’s side window, and a sway bar on the rear wheels. Oh, and more than one working speaker would be nice, too.

Hump. If I can’t have my Aston-Martin, I don’t want anything.

Oh, all right.

I don’t know costs of these, OK? So if some don’t fit, tough.

A Mini. I don’t really care or even know if it comes in different brands.
A Prius. Drove one once, for a long drive, and it was fine.
Celica. Not sure why, just like it.
A BMW sportscar.

A 1969 Dodge Charger. 440 Magnum. You get to guess what paint job it has to have.

Panther Pink?

Cars I’ve had the hots for recently:

Porsche 911 Carrera 4S
Jeep wrangler
New Mini
Jag-yoo-ah XK
BMW Z3 M

Oh, and a '65 Lotus 38. :smiley:

Jimmy!

Well, I’m not going to give years, because I don’t really know that much about cars. So:

Hemi 'Cuda (it was a pure-D crime when they destroyed one to make Phantasm)
Shelby Cobra (maybe the coolest car ever)
BMW Z4 (so swoopy…drool)
Cooper Mini (I will have one of these as my next car)
Porsche 928 (I really love the rounded rear end and the headlights that go flush into the hood when not in use)