"24" Season 2, Episode 9 - 4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (SPOILERS)

24, Season 2
Episode 9
4:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.

Spoilers ahead!

Previous episodes discussed: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
This thread is presented as a service of the 24 Club. Danger is our business.

Yes! It’s back! Finally!

That torture scene was too intense. I was tight as a bow through the whole thing. And those who guessed that finding the bomb would not be the climax seem to be right. I see a Nina and Jack cat and mouse game.

The fiancee?

I personally think that Nina isn’t gonna get crap. I think she knows where the bomb is supposed to be, but after two of the guys transporting it got killed … all bets are off on whether it will actually get there.

She only gets immunity based on the actual finding and disarming of the bomb.

This episode makes me wonder how much abuse poor Jack can take. I know he’s one tough mofo but that shrapnel in his leg looked like a pretty serious wound.

It does indeed look like the bomb is just one part of a grander scheme. Topple the government, perhaps? Military coup?

That Sahid Ali (sp?) scares the piss out of me.

The President and CTU are dumb, dumb, dumb. They wanted the location of the bomb, and instead Nina tells them where Ali’s house is. Well…that’s not what they asked for, is it? I mean, it’s a good lead and all, but she didn’t say anything about them finding the bomb there…

I’m not a big action fan usually. In fact I usually despise action movies/shows and their mindless treacle.

That being said; when jack popped that first terrorist with the flare gun, I shouted “Yeah!” I love this show. :smiley:

Man, that was a great episode.

So, what’s the verdict so far on the ex-Mrs. Palmer? Has she gone good? Or is she even more evil than we guessed and part of the plot to bring down the Presidency and kill a lot of people?

Especially since it’s becoming increasingly likely that the “terrorists” are to some degree comprised of people inside our own government. I got the sense that those guys were American.

I haven’t got a read on Palmer yet. I’m not sure the writers have, either.

Mrs. Palmer, that is. Kudos to Dennis Haysbert for showing some acting chops.

I’d like to echo this comment. I was very impressed with the agony he was able to emote when making his decision to allow Jack to be executed.

The episode was great, and the season is turning out to be even better than last year.

When Sayud Ali revealed himself I about fell out of my chair.

That torture scene…I couldn’t watch it. I wonder if Kate will be rescued in time.

I think Mrs. Palmer is very arrogant. I want Lynn to bitch-slap her.

At least Megan is going to be safe in Santa Barbara.

And I will say again…I want Resa to walk around my back yard with his shirt off.

My own guess about Mrs. Palmer is that she got into the compound intending to be her usual manipulative self. But after finding out about the nuke, she just decided to help because of the magnitude of the situation. She’s still acting like a jerk, but I’m not sure she knows how to behave herself anymore.

Just MHO.

And when Jack pulled that thing out of his leg, I thought “He’s gonna need a tetanus shot.” But I’m sure that’s just me. :slight_smile:

The torture scenes almost pushed me to the limit (and bear in mind, not much has done this to me before, save for a few scenes in the wonderfully tasteful Faces of Death series). I thought this was the best episode of the season so far, I really think they pushed all the right buttons emotionally and visually.

…as for scenes from next week… the person that comes in to shoot Resa and the other guy is a mystery, but I have a strong feeling that it’s the fiancee - she seemed to turn on Resa a little too quickly at CTU.

I love this freakin’ show, it’s the only thing I watch religiously ever week (in addition to Male Call with Sergeant Hartman on the History Channel).

ARRRRRRRRRRGH!!! “Scenes from next week!!!” Shhhhhhhhh! had to skip that right quick.
Back to THIS week, am I the only one that’s thinking Sayud Ali may be using Resa’s newly bought love nest as his torture palace? It’s a new building. I don’t know if Resa has it furnished yet. And it would have been close enough for Sayud’s men to drag Snooping Sister and the Investigator and have them bound and ready for interagation by the time they woke up 20 minutes later.

Just makes me wonder if Resa isn’t quite the saint he’s making himself out to be this week.

I don’t trust Resa or Mrs. Palmer, either. It’ll be interesting to see how Jack gets out of this one, though. I’m guessing some sort of code will be given and one of the CTU snipers will take Nina down, but not out.

No, no, no. Action hero’s never need tetanus shots. Every injury is to be simply walked off.

I don’t understand how Nina thinks she can get away with killing Jack. Lets not forget the CTU search and rescue (and heavily armed) guys are still there. Does she really think that after the bomb is found, those guys are going to allow her to just shoot Jack? If I was CTU, I’d notify those guys that the bomb was succesfully stopped, and have them stop Nina before she takes out Jack. Just because she’s pardoned in advance for the crime doesn’t mean they have to allow her to commit it.

I believe Resa, plus they were doing that lie detector analysis. Though I don’t think that Bob Warner is guilty either. I think that his CIA contact is part of the government plot that hired the bad guy to set off the bomb, and was using Warner to hide that fact.

That’s what I said to my husband when we watched it. She can’t believe she’ll walk away, right? The can say whatever they want… but these are covert-ops people. They’ll kill ya sooner or later.

Not to spoil the tension with a bit of reality, but can the President pardon someone for a capital crime that has not yet been committed.

I would think that in this situation, the President would actually be an accomplise to murder.

I would really think that Nina is not going to fare well in court with such a promise.

Not that I would expect to go on trial anywhere. Except possibly at the Hague.