Ask the guy who used to frequent hookers!

I availed myself of the services of prostitutes from the age of 22 until I was 31 (ending about 3 years ago). Since this is something almost nobody ever admits to, I imagine some people might be curious about the world of sex for hire.

So go ahead and ask. I only hired women (as far as I know), so I can’t answer anything about gay prostitution. I was not into S&M or B&D. I’m talking about picking up hookers on the street, although I did use an agency a couple of times. I will be completely honest, but will avoid answering any questions that may give away my identity.

What was the average cost for straight sex?

Was protection always required? Even if it wasn’t, did you use it?

Did you find most prostitutes to be less attractive once you were alone with them?

Hey Coldfire, we know it’s you !!

Did you ever have to deal through a pimp? If so, did he have gold teeth and a oversized hat?

How often did you go to one?

Did you use a special hooker most of the time or did any old one do?

Why did you use a hooker instead of just dating?

Were any of them good looking or did you care about that at all?

Was it sad and depressing? Did you feel guilty about engaging in slavery? Did you ever get arrested? Are you unable to get women to sleep with you without paying them? Did you get a disease (that you know of)? If you have ever been intimate with a non-prostitute, did you tell her about your high-risk past?

All these intense, deep questions and all I think about is the cost. Maybe I should be a pimp (a Madame, for women, right?).

Why not try to pick up a women at a bar? Maybe I’m just moral stricken but to me hookers = bleh. I still remember going w/ a friend down ‘ho stro’ (as my friend called it) at about 2am… some of the most scary looking ‘women’ (i use that term VERY loosley here) standing around in their underwear.

$50 for half and half (oral sex followed by intercourse). The range was from $20 to $150, but most women charged $50.

Protection was generally required for intercourse. Only about 10% of the women insisted on using condoms for oral sex. I did not use condoms for oral sex unless the woman insisted. There were two women I had intercourse with without a condom (one of them several times). Amazingly, I never caught any STDs. I have been tested for everything they can test for and all results have been negative.

Physically? No. Or do you mean was the thrill more in the hunt than in the sex? I enjoyed the sex, but generally was disgusted with myself afterwards because I longed for a real relationship but took the easy way out by paying for sex instead.

I guess the agencies are pimps, but I never had to deal with street pimps. Most women seemed to be independent contractors.

madmonk
:dubious:

Anyway …

Since Pretty Woman, I’ve wondered about the level of “professionalism” in that line of work. Did it seem to you that the majority of prostitutes were high school dropous and have drug problems? Was it likely that some of them were just doing it to get some quick cash to move on with their lives? What sort of attitudes did they display?

Did they seem to act as though they were only thinking about the money and not about what they were doing?

I’d guess about once every two weeks on average.

I had a few favorites I would pick up if they were out, but I would try out a new one if the pickings were slim.

I was too shy to ask women out. I wanted sex and I paid for it.

There were many good looking women working the streets. I didn’t discriminate based on looks, but rather on a gut feel of how good she would be at performing sexual favors. My gut was not very accurate.

Yes. I was diagnosed as severely depressed at the age of 27.

I did not consider it slavery. A few of the women did it because they enjoyed sex and made lots of money doing it. Many did it for drug money. I was paying for a service, not making them work for free.

No. There were several times that I was caught with a prostitute in my car by the police, but never in the middle of sex. The cops were very forthright that they couldn’t arrest me because they couldn’t prove whether the illegal acts had occurred yet.

The closest call was when I approached a woman in my car and asked her to get in so we could talk. She didn’t want to get in until I told her what I wanted. This raised a red flag and I drove away. Lo and behold, there was a police van waiting just around the corner. The woman was a cop.

At the time, yes. I was shy and awkward and lacking in social graces. I couldn’t get laid on my own merits.

I answered this above.

I have been with three non-prostitutes. I told all of them that I had engaged in non-safe sex many times with women I did not know and would never see again. I was tested and was clean. They all were willing to sleep with me and none has reported any STDs to me.

So why did you quit going?

Did you meet someone? Go to a Tony Robbins seminar? Grow out of it?

They ranged from crack addicts to college students to women making a living selling sex. Some were very professional and made sure they provided good service for their fee. Others would do as little as possible and rush me. Some took the money and ran. There was no correlation between their station in life and the level of service they provided. One of the drug addicts gave a blowjob most men would kill for. Some of the more well-dressed sexy women were completely dull and interested only in the money.

I met someone. I quit months before I asked her out because I wanted to make sure I could stay away for good. I knew that I would marry her even before we started dating, and I didn’t want to screw it up.

I do sometimes think of visiting a prostitute, but I realize everything that I would lose and I stop myself. It is purely a sexual urge now, which I have learned to control. When I was using prostitutes part of it was a need for close human contact, which I had none of in my life at the time. Now that I’m married, my need for closeness is satisfied. My need for sex is not always satisfied, but I’m an adult and can handle that without endangering myself or my family.

Great thread title/thread starter combination.

How did you know where to go at first?

Where did you end up having sex?

What time of day (or night) did you go out looking? Was it a planned thing, or spur-of-the-moment? I’m also curious how you knew where to go to find them.

Other than cash-and-dash – a hooker taking the money and running – were you ever robbed or threatened?

Were these mostly car dates (he said euphemistically) or did you have a place to take the ladies?

• Rick

Did you ever end up with a man by accident (that you know of)?