Computer Gamers: What are you playing these days?

Just wondering what folks on the SD are playing computer wise these days. Myself, I’m mostly playing the expansion to MTW II (Kingdoms). I also have a copy of World In Conflict that I’m playing a bit of, as well as the anti-Rand Bio-Shock.

I’m looking forward to Hellgate: London which is due to ship on Halloween eve IIRC.

-XT

I’ve played BioShock a great deal and really enjoy it. I’ve also been playing CivIV again since I bought the BtS expansion.

Short term I am also looking forward to Hellgate:London and Assassins Creed. Longer term, I am interested in seeing Prototype.

I’ve just been playing a lot of Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Mount&Blade.

After my Macbook got stolen, the only reason I didn’t buy a new one, building a PC instead, was so I can play Team Fortress 2 and (eventually) Starcraft 2.

I’m playing Europa Universalis III nowadays.

Nothing really, the odd game of Transcendence, but other than that I’m too busy to sit down and immerse myself in any of the budget strategy games I’ve got.

Ditto

Also ditto, though I’m holding off on the NA expansion until a bug or two ( like the stalled tech advances ) are ironed out.

However I probably will soon ( maybe this weekend ) take the plunge and pick up the Deus Vult expansion to Crusader Kings and obsess about that for awhile.

Right now, I’m playing City of Heros/Villains, with occasional games of Galactic Civilizations II

Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. Yes, welcome to several years ago.

Also WoW.

I’m very much looking forward to Hellgate: London.

I’ve been playing a lot of WoW lately. When I feel the need for change I load up Bioshock or Half Life 2. I keep meaning to buy Oblivion, just not got around to it yet.

Oblivion, mostly. There are now a number of large player-created expansions out now. Most are mediocre, some are phenomenal. I added a slew of them to the game, along with the official expansions, and it’s pretty much a whole new game. And of course, now that the game’s a year or so old, my hardware has roughly caught up with it.

The only real downsides are that every new character has to do both the lengthy intro level, and all seven or whatever of the tedious Mage Guild intro quests (assuming you want access to enchanting / spellmaking). each time. Luckily, you can even get player expansions that add enchant/spell alters outside the Arcane University, which negates the second problem.

Civ IV (Warlords)

I’m up to Monarch level!

City of Heroes, Tabula Rasa, Game I Can Not Mention, and soon Guitar Hero III. Mass Effect is what I’m waiting for.

I picked up the latest Civ IV expansion, Beyond the Sword. (Should I get Warlords as well?) Has anyone else noticed that they’re making the game more and more like Civ II with every update and expansion?

There’s also a couple player made mods that let you skip the intro dungeon and put you right at the gate where you can choose your birthsign/class. I’m not on the machine I have Oblivion installed on now but look for mods with “skip intro” or whatnot in the name.

I don’t play games as much as I used to but sometimes I fire up City of Heroes and I have the lifetime sub for LOTRO for whenever I feel like some Tolkien adventures.

I’ve preordered Hellgate and plan to get the lifetime sub for that as well.

I find it sad that the PC shelves at the video game store are so small and marginalised, stuck in some dusty corner, with 90% of what’s on offer having the word “Sims” in the title.

Civ IV and Icewind Dale, mostly. Civ is great, but I love dungeon crawls.

Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword has been completely taking up all of my free time the past couple weeks. I mean, you can play Civilization in Space!!! I can run a galactic empire of epic proportions and crush my enemies by blowing up their stars, all with the easy-to-learn interface and game engine of Civ4! I don’t even know how to begin to describe how cool that is to me.

I started playing Civilization IV since I just graduated from college (I have lots of free time now). My current computer can run the game reasonably well, but it won’t play the short movies where my Civ builds a wonder or stuff like that. So I bought a new PC so that I could play the game and enjoy the cinema.

Civilization IV: Beyond the Sword sounds awesome. I might get that after I get bored with the regular game.

I should probably start looking for a decent job soon.