Who or what is Coldfire?

I reference this post.

I’m getting the sense that he/she was a former mod, and a particularly jerk-ish one at that? Or am I, as usual, completely off base?

Just a-wonderin’…

Coldfire is a former Mod, and a great guy that just didn’t tolerate assholes.

But he sure knows his Mexican food!

-Idle (who once dined with Coldfire)

IMO, Coldfire was a fantastic mod. He was a terrific ‘normal’ poster, too, and it would be great if he came by these parts more often.

But I read elsewhere in that thread that he kind of had his own dickish tendencies when it came to moderating. I’ll be honest: I’m just flat out curious (read: nosey) about what his tenure as a mod was like, probably because I’ve never heard of a mod stepping down (or being forced to step down, whatever the case may be) before.

But then I tend to lead a somewhat sheltered life.

You could always search for posts by him.

No – the rules used to be a lot looser then – especially the Pit. Coldfire was most certainly NOT a dick.

Isn’t the name MTCicero a name already in use? Or obviously something very close to it?

I was half a second away from bitching out the OP with “You’ve been here for how many years and you don’t know who Coldfire? You been brain dead this whole time or what?” Then I noticed the OPs join date.

So is the other poster I’m thinking of which such a similar name?

Meh, it’s not that special. About half the current mods haven’t even been mods for a whole year.

Coldfire is sound. I had a pint with him in Dublin before.

Coldfire saved my life in 'Nam.

One time Coldfire punched me in the face, it was awesome.

Operation Coldfire isn’t talked about much. You best speak in hushed tones, unless you know about The Squid.

Coldfire–is–the kindest–bravest–warmest–most wonderful human being–I’ve ever known in my life.

Coldfire wasn’t forced to step down by anything other than Life. (Something about getting married or some such sissy excuse.)

There are a number of us ex-mods hanging around the boards, with varying degrees of (in)activity. Mods generally step down simply because they’re burned out and/or find they have other commitments and no longer have the time to devote to hunting spammers and telling Great Debates posters that if they don’t behave I’m turning this thread around, and don’t think I won’t do it.

Coldfire once fought Chuck Norris.

Norris doesn’t talk about it.

I think there’s a regular Cicero.

As for what Coldfire is/was like, I only assumed it from what was said. The implication was that he/she was jerkish while moderating. If that is not the case, then I apologize.

And definitely anything in the Pit was fair game.

Yes there is a regular Cicero, but damn, I really feel like we already have an MT version. I am pretty sure it’s all just an elaborate joke to make me feel crazy.

Coldfire can speak French … in Russian.

I had the same experience. They’re still talking about His visit, and there’s a plaque on the wall now.

Coldfire was the Captain of Horse Cavalry. For NASA.

Coldfire is hooking me up with the proceeds of an abandoned account in Nigeria. Not sure why it’s taking so long…