Lost 1.14: "Special"

Walt’s Mother moved to Austalia and recently died. Michael went to Oz to pick up Walt and have him live with him the US.

Don’t be silly. Hollywood would never go for that.

They would if you had the star be one of those old 80’s heartthrob-types … maybe Lou Diamond Phillips, or something …

It would be good to have a timeline of their time spent there, with the episodes marked in.
I checked the official site and there’s some diary that I couldn’t be bothered to read, but which is up to day 23, so just over 3 weeks. If Locke and Boone’s been going out, not searching, for four days, that means Claire’s been missing 5-6 days now.

I would’ve liked it if the show wasn’t linear, i.e. we were getting flashbacks to what’s going on between the characters, and they speeded up the time spent on the island.
Also, three weeks means that more things should have changed, e.g. women starting to spout under arm hair.

Since I’m late in the game, this might have been mentioned in one of the threads. My WAG speculation, totally spoiler free: Abandoned cold war base for nuclear testing.

Attention everybody:

Jin is the guy.
Sun is the girl.
Jin is the guy.
Sun is the girl.
Jin is the guy who wouldn’t pee on Hurley’s foot.
Sun has boobs.

This has been a public service announcement from the Monstre. We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

:wink:

Razors found in the luggage can easily account for that (although not for the “2 day unshaven” look that most guys are continually sporting every day).

Most episodes seem to be 1 or 2 days apart, with a few exceptions. There haven’t been enough consistent clues in the shows to put them all to an exact calendar, I don’t think.

And in the last one (episode 13), Kate did say “over three weeks”.

No, you’re the first one to notice any of that. :slight_smile:

Easy answer on the shave thing. They have razors. Way back on page 4 or six of one of these threads, I remarked that I saw someone in the background shaving. As for the Don Johnson look, I think they just don’t like the hassle of shaving or are saving/rationing the razors for the long haul, so, infrequent shaves.

Let’s do keep up, people. :stuck_out_tongue:

The TCM (or TRM, now) either mirrors or feeds on negative emotions. It was there early because of the fear. It was there (or was it?) for Boone and his incestuous divorce, surely he was full of negative emotions. This ep, with Locke and Michael possibly coming to a head over Walt, brings the beast back (according to my web portal’s TV guide).

I’m telling you, the TCM is a Krell machine manifestation.

An episode update with ramblings…

The teaser/prequel shows the abduction of Claire. But, no one’s actually said anything yet. Except for Charlie wanting her diary. Weird.

The castaways are playing tourneys with deodorant as a prize. Same for razors?

Locke’s kung fu is powerful. He magicked Walt into being able to aim. Boone goes to the mat for Locke. ”Walt is different.”

Walt’s mom was a mover and shaker in the law business. And she took his boy from him! Sure, he was lazy, maybe. I get those winter construction slowdowns, but I’m never actually OUT of work. Now, Michael has a second chance. And he desperately wants off the island. Even if it means just him and Walt on a raft.

Sayid and Danielle’s map. “I don’t think it’s to scale.”

What is the significance of the comic book drawing of the city on the globe? Or is that some sort of space ship?

Walt’s mom was playing Michael cold, man. That hurts.

Perhaps the site’s diary is Claire’s?

Michael’s obsessive control issues with Walt no doubt stem from the way his woman jerked him around over the child.

Hey! Walt and Michael have something fairly deep in common: ART.

Oh my goodness! :eek:

“Second chance”?

Redemption.

Purgatory.

Hmmm…
Whups! commercial break over!

I read the diary today, actually. On one of the first pages, the writer says she borrowed a pen from the pregnant girl.

And Charlie just said it’s been a week!

Okay, I really need to go watch, now. :slight_smile:

First shot of Michael in that hat, and I exclaim, “Dy-no-mite!”

I’m terrible. :stuck_out_tongue:

But OMG! I wasn’t expecting that!

“The boy is different. They all sense it, why can’t you?”

My brother thinks Kate is hotter than Shannon. :rolleyes: AS IF!

And besides, Sun is quite the honey, too.

Bad timing on the hobbit comedy scene.
Walt (in flashback) fixates on a bird and a bird dies for him. Curiouser and curiouser. “Mind’s eye.” Walt has the power of making what he dreams come true. Apparantly, tho, he doesn’t know it and so has no control over it. Did Walt “create” the TCM? Brian was seriously afraid of Walt. “He’s different, somehow.” So, the Walt phenomenom transcends the Island.

What was in the box at Walt’s school? Trion?

CGI polar bear. Why can we see its breath? Is it suddenly cold on the Island?

Michael takes the fall for Brian. Truly an admirable thing to do.

Walt calls Michael “Dad” during the rescue. :slight_smile:

TV Guide lied. No TCM. Unless the polar bear is another manifestation of the TCM phenomenon.

I think the box holds every letter Michael ever wrote to Walt. But I think we’re just about to find that out. :slight_smile:

It sure was.

And omgrpghdbwtf

CLAIRE!!! Now lets all hope she’s… whole.

Oo! Lotsa little Very Important details. Black rock, weird kid, Claire, bears, Sawyer’s a ponce. Oo-oo-oo!

“[Michael] found his way back to you, Walt, once before. He will again.”

Ah, the box Q is answered.

FINALLY! “MAybe that’s where they took her.”

Claire is back! And no longer pregnant. Discuss after it airs on the Left Coast.

Quoting my spouse: Claire?!? Holy sh!t! Let’s hope it’s really Cialre…

Somebody with replay and better eyes than me PLEASE tell me - was she still pregnant???

Yeah. Um. Claire. Let’s hope it’s really Claire…