(Old) March forth into victory in the MMP!

Thats my clever title.
After patting myself on the back, I wake up from another weird dream all sweaty. Its easy to cover up when you first lie down, I think they shoot heat through the building whilst I sleep.
Must be The Committee.
Who’s awake next? Lets hear from you!

It is not The Committee, it is The Combine.
- Chief Bromden -

Is this an MMP ?

Yes. Should I have said that? Could a mod help me fix the title?

Fixed. Let me know if you want something different.

You’re awesome. I must’ve had MMP brain.

Morning, mumpers! It’s currently 6c/42f with a predicted high of 9c/48f, and partly cloudy. Weather app days “This might well be the perfect day to shit in the yard. If you’re a fucking dog.” Partly cloudy also means it’s partly sunny so that’s a win.

Been up for 4hrs already, logged in to work before 8am although I don’t start until 8.15am, had one meeting already and am hoping to hide away for the rest of the day so I can get my staff development reviews finished.

Good Mornin’ Y’all! Up and caffeinatin’. YAWN ‘Tis 61 Amurrkin out and cloudy with a predicted high of 78 and partly N.O.S. Plus the annual pine tree orgy is goin’ full blast. No real big plans for the day which is fine by me. Sloth, general overall uselessness, nappage, and day drinkin’ shall be accomplished as is our wont. Sup shall be steak, Those Friggin’ Good N.O.T., sallit and cheesey garlic bread due to a gnawin’ and a cravin’ for steak on both our parts.

BooFae hope you get to hide away the rest of the day to get those reviews finished.

Coppertone I don’t so much March forth as sorta amble about in some kind of general direction.

Now I need more caffeine and to feed rumbly tummy. Then, onward into the day! Rah.

Happy Moanday Y’all!

Slept with Mel, so I had a pretty good night. I’ve already showered, dressed, fed my face, and helped MIL get dressed. I have a dentist appt at 8:30, so I’ll be leaving around 8. The PT is coming this morning to see MIL, and the hospice nurse will come after noon.

Once I’ve been dentaled, I’ll stop in Food Lion on the way home and get a couple of things. And if the rain holds off, I hope I can do some raking. I can feel it in my arms from yesterday, but it’s no too terrible.

We sent daughter home with the leftover pizza plus the white rice I’d gotten with my Chinese food. Her kids love rice and I prefer to get my calories from something tastier, so win-win! Roxy’s spring break is the end of March and if we get a nice day in there, she’ll come over and help me plant my veggies. Which means I have 3 weeks to prep the beds.

And I’ve got a box of wildflower seeds that I bought last year and forgot about. I’m going to fling them on the hill by the road before the rain comes in. If they take, great! If not, oh well…

So that’s today’s plans. We’ll see what kind of monkey wrench jumps into them.

Happy Moanday!!

Here ya go!

Up, caffeinating and breakfasted. I had a sinus headache when I went to bed last night and didn’t finally get to sleep until about 1.5 hours before time to get up. When the alarm went off, I said screw it and called out. The head has gone from the size of a basketball to that of a cantaloupe and feels a little better, but rest is the plan for the day.

Stay safe and healthy y’all!

Happy Moanday all!! And a darn fine MMP it is there Coppertone.

We’re somewhere north of eastern Cuba on a lovely day. Yesterday’s shore trip to go snorkeling went well. The weather was warmer and the wind calmer than last week in Grand Cayman. The reefs themselves were more extensive, but the fish not as interesting. In all a good time in great conditions in convivial company. The Captain even deputized me to drive the boat awhile while he helped the crew schlep drinks to the other passengers. That’s what I get for sitting near his spot. I was just chasing a bit of shade.

At the base of the cruise ship pier there’s a couple acre compound of pools, fake beach, volleyball, restaurants, and bars, and other fun stuff to do. Otherwise the immediate area surrounding the port is pretty industrial. One of the cruise lines built it a few years ago as their unique island stopover before cruising to this port became common. Later as demand grew, the city bought the compound and now all the cruise ships share it. The port can only accommodate 2 ships at a time, so not too busy.

Anyhow when we got back to the pier, there was no second ship, the place wasn’t crowded so I and my seat-mate, another solo traveler from Houston, hung out there a bit and had some non-moving cocktails along with our yaks.

Back on the boat, showered and got half-dressed up for the dinner then the pre-party party. Dinner was at the trendy amazing 6-course dinner place. A 30-something couple sat on one side of me. It turns out they’re ATC controllers, so some shop talk was had. The other side as a 40-something gay couple from Chicago. Everybody was a foodie and enjoyed their meal. I had the 6-matching wines flight alongside, and it’s a good thing they’re small pours.

I can’t give a full accurate description of the meal, since they rattle it off verbally and there’s no written explanation of the details to refer back to later. Once I get back to land I’ll post the pix.

The first course was a corn puree / mousse that had been chilled and molded into the shape of a piece of cob corn. You spread it like butter on fresh baked whole wheat epis (mini French bread loaves). There were also corn kernels and garlic-infused cream cheese nuggets on the side. Tres yummy.

Then came a small portion of citrus-marinated raw salmon in a rich thin white sauce. So sort of salmon ceviche, but a single couple-ounce strip, not the usual little fish nuggets. Accompanied by pickled and fresh cucumber slices and some dill sprigs.

Next up was mini beetroot cannelloni stuffed with cashew paste. swimming in a green reduction of something I forget. With a beet-based foamy sauce for show.

Preliminaries out of the way it was time for the main course. I chose the lamb chop which was just one rib, but a good thick hunk of meat. With a lamb-stock reduction that did not have the usual beef overtone. Lotta places make their lamb stock mostly from beef stuff with a little lamb for flavor. Not this. This was accompanied by a small veggie tower: roasted zucchini, red peppers, and yellow squash, topped by a flash-fried seaweed leaf. And a piped dollop of dark purple eggplant puree.

The first dessert course was a small scoop of asparagus sorbet. Sitting in a bath of vanilla yogurt sauce and 2 forms of crystallized ginger. The second dessert course was a piped pinwheel of strawberry puree, surrounded by 3 lumps each of three different things, making a pretty circular pattern. Strawberry slices, granola chunks, and for whimsy piped on lumps of wasabi-infused creme freche. ANd a dollop of raspberry sorbet. With a very light sprinkling of red-dyed sugar & nutmeg. I’m not a wasabi fan, but incredibly the whole thing worked.

That took about 3 hours to eat, drink, and yak about.

Once done I did a little of the pre-party while still wearing my pre-party clothes. So music and yaks. Substantially the whole crowd is wearing their red outfits.

Went upstairs, changed into my full party rig, which is still not my final version; that’s at the tailor’s back home right now. Then went to the karaoke event and met up with a half-dozen of the solos. Yaks & listening and a lot of sing-along ensued. Plus some champagne. Eventually it got to be 1045pm and it was time for the real party to start.

1500 people converge at the pool, overseen by a gigantic inflatable octopus. The DJ cranks it to 13, everyone is dancing up a storm and pretty soon the pool is full of people wearing everything from just speedos or bikinis to full evening wear sans shoes. The surrounding deck and the deck above are one solid mass of dancing people. By the end I’d worn out all the 60- and 50-somethings who went home to bed and was working on the 30yos.

At midnight that party wrapped and it was time to move slowly thinning crowd into the disco downstairs. It seems the wet folks mostly went home to dry off and those of us who had stayed dry continued indoors. Where we hit it hard until 2am. I’d been up since 5:30am and never did get (or need) a nap. An epic time was had.

Slept in today until about 730, and now up, sheveled, fed, and caffinated. Today I feel great, but expect a nap will set in around noon.

As to y’all …

I read every bit of the last day’s posts.

FCM I’m sorry MIL is in the spot she is, but it probably won’t be long before you’re all out of that and into the next thing.

Shoe sorry for ill, happy for better, and Ouch for having to close for the close-less.

JtC good luck with whichever stove you settle on. Rather than pulling burners, I’d just switch off the circuit breaker to the stove whenever I wasn’t cooking. If the house is built to code, there will be just one breaker that does just that one thing.

@Misnomer: Ouch on the sinus whatevers, and hooray for Corvettes and pianos. Should be fun for you to make and fun for us to admire the pix of.

Yaays, boos, and get well soons as appropriate to everyone else. I did read every word.

The ususal short Smalls heaving. then I was loading Middle Yellow and making progress, till they started sending the Irregs. Oy. At one point I yelled “IT’S A PACKAGE CAR NOT A CLOWN CAR!” Still not a bad way to start a Moanday.

I was up at 0100, and heaving furniture at 0500.

I prefer staggering.

Looks like something I’d like.
And feel better!

“throw a monkey wrench”. Don’t mix your metaphors, it’s not rocket surgery. :wink:

Don’t met your mixaphors either. Bad things happen when you do that.

Logged in to 50-some emails. Several of them were replies to El Jefe’s vacation notice. He’s down at the ‘Mexican Office’ (read: the resort where he’s staying). After cleaning out the duff, I’m down to 32 emails – most of them ‘high priority’ files. I’ll tell ya, I’m Mr. Popular on the first of the month!

There’s a dusting of snow outside. I just checked the hourly weather, and it looks like we’re done with it.

Lager the very food motivated/obsessed/aggressive, will not eat his very expensive regular food. He will eat just not that. First time I ever saw him do this.

I’m feeling better. The coughing is getting very old.

I like the title, coppertone.

Morning all. My Surge Protector/Battery backup module died last night, so had to wait this morning for the Battery&Bulbs place to open to replace it, but now I am fully powered up and ready to go. Since I was already out I also stopped and did the Moanday shopping, will be off to get my Jersey Mike’s sammich in a little while, and I have a 1pm appointment for my car oil-lube, so for me it has been an active Moanday, with swimming and sauna still on the agenda. It’s 62F heading to 74F today, but rain and cooler temps are due tomorrow.

Pilot, sounds like a lot of fun was had, I have never been a party guy but you certainly are and obviously in good shape, wearing out those 30-somethings. Continue having fun.

Flyboy, at least you got rid of 40% of the email traffic. Not bad. Know that you’ll handle it.

red, good deal calling out instead of forcing yourself to work (which I have done on occasion I must admit). Fell better soon.

FCM, hope if anyone named Murphy shows up with a monkey wrench, FCM can hit him over the head with a pipe wrench instead…

Coppertone, congrats on starting your first MMP! Just remember to add in the MMP so we know where to look, but ya did great, kid!

boo fae, here’s to stealthy working so you can get the reviews done.

OK, need to get out and head over for my #3 sammich with mayo, lettuce, tomato and pickle with some sea salt potato chips (But I am constant as the Northern Star). Have a good Moanday all.

I like to live dangerously…

My dentist said I may have lost a bit of a filling, tho it’s not bad, and I’m not feeling any pain, so I’ll monitor it and see what happens at my next appointment in Sept. I just finished making a big cuke salad and cleaning 2 containers of strawberries, and I refilled the pellet stove. I think I’ll rake after lunch. For now, I shall chill.

We have to take Q’itih to the vet today. She’s been moving pretty slowly and her balance is wonky. She has also started peeing outside of her box and has some diarrhea issues. Being a cat, it could be anything; the intertoobs seem to think some sort of infection is involved, but with cats you never know. I’m normally reluctant to subject her to the hated vet’s office, but this could be something serious. So off we go around noonish.

French toast this morning made us both groggy, so we opted out of exercise time. Hey, we took a walk yesterday, so stop with the nagging. Looks like we’re on a downward slide with the weather after setting record highs the last few days. It hit 70 yesterday! Might even get some rain.

Onward to the crosswords!

Crazy weather for March. It’s almost 60, I’ve got the loading dock door open.

Here’s the three colors of eclipse viewing boxes. I’ve got 1 coat of finish on them now.
Imgur
PM me if you’d like one.

Howdy, all! Today I am once again going for my volunteering interview. The last time that I went, there was an issue and the person I was supposed to be talking to wasn’t there. Otherwise, I’m just hanging out and trying to organize things until it’s time to go.