Do People Who Spank Their Kids Become Aroused By Doing So?

Do you think that child spanking is done as an attempt to provide negative reinforcement purely as a disciplinary action, or do you believe it is a sexual act?

Think about the process- the child is bent over the parent’s lap, doggystyle. The lap just so happens to be within very close proximity to the genitalia. Then the child’s pants are then pulled down, supposedly to ensure that the spanking hurts more, because, as we all know, that extra millimeter of fabric makes for a huge difference in how bad a blow to that region would hurt.

Sure, but you say that the buttocks are not a sexual body part. Then why is it illegal to expose them in public? Why can’t they be shown on network television??

If a man were to swat a female co-worker on the rear, he would likely be accused of sexual harassment. However, if he did the same thing to his daughter, no one would say a word. Why is this?

During intercourse, why is it that so many women are aroused by a few swift, well-timed swats to the buttocks? Coincidence??

During spanking, a succession of blows is delivered to the area at a rate of about 0.8 swats per second. During orgasm, contractions of the prostate and the vagina both occur at a 0.8 second interval. Coincidence?

During intercourse, the fatty tissue of a woman’s upper body experiences the ‘sex flush’. During spanking, the fatty tissue of the buttocks experiences engorgement and redness. Coincidence?

Do you think that child spanking is some sort of a sexual thing? Do the parents who do this to their kids receive sexual gratification from doing it??

Thanks.

This is a joke, right?

And I thought I had seen it all… :rolleyes:

Maybe if their pedophilic sadists.

Otherwise, no.

I know that I have not posted enough to have the ability to give this award, so can I merely nominate this for “most ridiculous post of the week” award?

I knew what I was getting into when I saw the title, but it was like a car wreck, I just had to slow down and look. (Although to be honest, I don’t slow down to look at car wrecks, it’s a figure of speech. :slight_smile: )

their = they’re

Oh well.

The difference is not an “extra millimeter” of fabric. This is a disingenuous statement. A hand slapping bare flesh stings; slapping clothed flesh does not sting as much.

Ask Dennis Franz.

Because in the parent-child relationship, the parent is in a position of guidance and authority, and is an adult. While adults also have positions of guidance and authority over one another, both are adults. Today, it’s considered inappropriate contact in the professional world. But not always - secretaries in the thirties, for example, often had to put up with grab-assy bosses, and the words “sexual harrassment” meant nothing.

In short, the quesiton you ask, like the others you ask, proves nothing, and does not even lay out a premise for debate.

Are they? How many women, percentage-wise, are thus aroused?

Cite?

Yes, coincidence.

In general, I don’t think it’s a sexual thing. Undoubtedly, there are cases in which this is not so, but I suspect they are few indeed.

• Rick

I’m certainly not the only one who has this opinion-

http://www.nospank.net/sexdngrs.htm

If a man were to undress his co-worker and wash her in a bath, remaining present throughout the whole process, when she does not particularly want this to happen, he would be arrested, if he did it to his daughter, no one would say a word. Why is this?

Remember it is his or her own kid, so it would be “Incestous pedophilic sadists.”

I dunno, Mange. I’ve seen this brought up with all seriousness on some parenting boards.

My reply:
I’ve only spanked my 13 year old daughter once, and while it was due to my own loss of control in a scary situation, I just can’t see it as a sexual thing. I have many friends that spank their kids, and I was spanked too. I’ve never known any that made their kids drop their pants in the manner you described. And it actually makes me laugh to think of my old grandpaw getting off on spanking me for getting caught on the roof or riding my bike in the street. He thought he was doing the right thing, and to be perfectly honest, it worked. It hurt, but it worked.

I have no idea why some women are aroused by spanking. I’m not. Are men not aroused by it either? Were they not spanked too?

What do you mean they can’t show ass on television? I see it all the time. Hell, for months they showed that John Doe commercial with his bare naked ass, and any of those lame reality shows has thonged ass o’plenty.

I tell you what you should really go after: Those parents who forced their kids to sit in corners, on display for all mock. Or the ones that starved their kids by making them go to bed without dinner. Sure, they usually snuck something up later, or got extra bacon for breakfast the next morning. Still, imagine the complex those poor kids must have!

Mangetout, children require bathing. They DON’T require spanking. There’s a big difference.

Having a loud voice doesn’t preclude someone from being an idiot.

Turek-“Having a loud voice doesn’t preclude someone from being an idiot.

And calling someone an ‘idiot’ doesn’t prove them wrong and you right, either.

Touche’

That was my reaction also. I was sitting here shaking my head, absolutely speechless. Then again, I never spanked my kid, and while my folks occasionally smacked us, then never turned us over their knees or bared our butts.

Why do some people try to find sex in the unlikeliest places? GAH!

I was spanked like that by my father. I didn’t notice anything sexual about it, however he did seem to get himself worked into a fury and seemed to get some kind of pleasure out of doing the spanking. Whether it was purely emotional, a power trip, partly sexual, who knows?? I certainly hated it.

I don’t think it’s a silly question. Whether it’s sexual or not, spanking children in that manner is very sick.

I’m, aghast. Absolutely aghast. You don’t have kids do you, Surreal?

I don’t even know what to say to this so I’m gust going to agree with what TV Time called it.

I’ve seen bare buttocks on TV and in public all the time.

I think exposing a childs bare behind just to spank it may be unnecessary, but it is a stretch to call spanking in general sick.

True. But I figure if I’m going to assume someone is wrong, and it’s between me and an idiot, I’m probably going to think it’s the idiot.

This whole thread is as absurd as if I asked “Do people live in Gobbler’s Knob because they become aroused by doing so?”