I need a soundtrack for my car

Theoretically, I have a 1966 MGB roadster. It’s still in SoCal being restored. It’s driving my crazy, now that it’s perfect weather here for driving topless.

Anyway, I want to have some theme music for when I eventually get the car back. Theperfect song for driving the MGB is Peter Gunn Theme. But I can’t just listen to one song all the time, so I’m asking for suggestions as to driving tunes I can compile. To give you an idea of what I’m looking for, here’s what I have in mind so far (in no particular order, except for the first one):
[ul][li]Peter Gunn Theme[/li][li]Pink Panther Theme[/li][li]James Bond Theme[/li][li]*Secret Agent Man *[/ul][/li]I think Karl Zero’s Songs for Convertibles y otros typos vehiculos fits well too.

Since you’re doing theme songs, might I suggest the “Hawaii Five-O” theme. It kicks ass when played really loud.

Since it’s a British sports car, how about Boz Scaggs’ “Breakdown Dead Ahead”.

:smiley:
Please don’t hit…

60’s British stuff, Mercy beat.

Peter and Gordon, Gerry and the Pacemakers, etc.

And Beach Boys, of course.

I’ve got a list of good “car chase” music saved, from a previous incarnation of the boards. Would that work?

How about Radar Love by Golden Earring?

Sounds perfect for driving the MG from Los Angeles to Bellingham…

ccwaterback: Yeah, “mod” would fit the car well.

Rico: That reminds me: Don Felder’s Heavy Metal (Take a Ride). Kenny Loggins’s Danger Zone could be fun too.

But I think I’ll see if I can fill a CD with jazz and British Invasion – at least for the first soundtrack. :wink:

BTW, Rico: It’s been about 70°F and sunny here in the Bellingham area. :slight_smile:

How about Steppenwolf’s Born to be Wild?

Thats Mersey Beat. But yours in pretty funny! :smiley:

Check out Richard Thompson’s tune, MGB-GT on the “Mirror Blue” CD. I like cranking up Reach Down by Temple of the Dog when I motor with the top down.

If you looking for a funked up version of The Peter Gunn Theme try the remix by The Art of Noise. It’s usually on their Best Of cds.

Oooooo, I’ve got one:

My foot’s on the throttle and it’s made of lead
But I’m a fast ridding daddy with a real cool head
I’m a-gonna pass a truck on the hill ahead…

er, on second thought, perhaps not… :wink:

Ack, sod it all and go for the theme to Bullitt :smiley:

Oh, Yeah – by Yello
Barrracuda – by Heart

Allman Brothers Band - Jessica

Theme for “Top Gear”, you can’t get much more ‘car’ than that.

Driving Slow…
Green Onions - Booker T. and the M.G.'s
Low Rider - War

Driving Fast…
Pipeline - The Chantays (or even better, the Agent Orange version)
Motorbreath - Metallica

Miss Modular by Stereolab. Incredibly funky, and it has that car commercial feel.

Alabama 3 - Woke up this morning (Sopranos theme)

You woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun,
Mama always said you’d be
The Chosen One.
The full version of the song kicks ass. Great driving song!

Getta Bloomin’ Move On (Self Preservation Society) from the original Italian Job soundtrack.
•The main theme from In Like Flint
•The Guns and Roses version of Sympathy for the Devil (You know why.)

Quincy Jones’ Big Band Bossa Nova
Esquivel’s Space Age Bachelor Pad Music

And in keeping with your original playlist:
“Collapse” by Soul Coughing (from Irresistable Bliss)
The theme from “The Avengers” by Laurie Anderson (the original series, NOT the horrible “movie”)
The theme from “The Saint” (either the original or remix version by Orbital are acceptable)
The theme from the series “UFO”

Generally, dig around for the names: Laurie Anderson, Barry Gray, Henry Mancini, and Duane Eddy.

That song was stuck in my head a couple of weeks ago.

That theme was stuck in my head a couple of months ago.