There is no cookie superior to the chocolate chip cookie

No matter how many varieties/ingredients you try, you just can’t beat a chocolate chip cookie. Now there are certainly grades of tastiness within the realm of chocolate chip cookies- and some recipes are better. But I’ll go so far as to say that even store-bought chocolate chip cookie dough, baked fresh, is far superior to any other type of cookie. In fact, the only cookies that even come close to chocolate chip cookies are variations on the same- peanut butter chocolate chip, double chocolate chip, M&M cookies, etc.

The perfect cookie is so easy to make- so don’t waste your time with ginger, or orange peel, or lemon cream, or whatever. Just make a chocolate chip cookie, and the cookie eaters will not be disappointed.

Anyone disagree?

I have had disappointing chocolate chip cookies. I have had stellar non-chocolate chip cookies. But chocolate chip cookies are definitely the benchmark to measure against.

Especially the homemade Toll House ones. Mmmmmm…

Preach it!

Don’t settle for false imitations!

“There is no cookie superior to the chocolate chip cookie”

Not in dispute, however… crisp or chewy?

My favorite are the kind that are crispy on the bottom and the edges, and chewy in the middle.

Lies! All lies! Everyone knows that it’s the oatmeal raisin cookie that’s elevated the cookie to perfection.

But if I have to have chocolate chip, it must be chewy.

BURN the heretic!

Good opinions, keep it up, more Oatmeal Scotchies for me.

So what’s your favorite Girl Scout cookie, then? Because mine beats chocolate-chip by a mile.

Specifically Alton Brown’s “The Chewy”.

Oh no he di-int!

This is nonsense… PURE nonsense…

I don’t know…I just baked some pumpkin spice cookies that were pretty darn good. I took them to work and my boss said that they were in the top 5 best cookies he’s ever had!

But then again, I’m not sure I’ve ever had a bad cookie. I mean, it’s a cookie.

I think the only cookie that might be better than a chocolate chip cookie would be a chocolate chip cookie that somehow involves creamcheese. Maybe a chocolate creamcheese frosted chocolate chip cookie or something like that… never seen one, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be invented or exist in my mind.

My favorite- Samosas. Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies still kick the crap out of them.

I like oatmeal raisin and (non chocolate) peanut butter cookies. Best cookies I ever had were peanut butter of the non chocolate variety.

Finally, a true American.

On this point, among civilized people, there can be no quarrel.

Oatmeal WITH chocolate chips. The ultimate.

To paraphrase Woody Allen:

“A bad cookie is like bad sex, you’ve had better, but it’s still a cookie.”

Chocolate Chip Cookies have chocolate chips, oatmeal raisin have little dead grape mummies. No contest.

The absolut worst Chocolate Chip Cookie is still better then the best of any other.