106th Grey Cup

Ottawa intercepted on the Calgary 15 yard line. 2.30 minutes left. That’s pretty much it.

Not the Redblacks night.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another stamps pick.

Ottawa QB sacked at 0:00. That’s it.

I’d say this is far from correct. If original goes back to its soccer routs, then I guess that CFL is closer than NFL because a loose ball on the ground can be kicked. But it’s a bit like saying 5 is closer to 100 than 4 is. CFL and NFL football are much closer than either are to soccer. If you want to compare it to college football in the US in the 1890-1910 range then NFL is closer than CFL. In those days there was no forward passing at all.

They’ve evolved in different ways but they are much more similar to each other than either is to either form of rugby. The CFL and NFL used to play exhibition games against each other in the 1950s. Th last was in 1961. All were played in Canada with a mixture of the rules. You’d have a very hard time playing a mixed NFL (or CFL) v a rugby team game.

Third time is the charm! Way to go Stamps! :smiley:

It was actually on ESPN2 here in the US. :slight_smile: And, it was a better game to watch than the Packers falling apart in Minneapolis.

My old University WhatsApp group has lots of Canadians. Some of them seem to be pretty happy others not so much and and all appear dare I say it, tipsy.:smiley:

Does CFL have a forward pass and blocking of non ball carrier? Since thats the one big difference between American football and both rugby codes.

Yes to both. The modern CFL game is, it seems to me, even more pass-heavy than the NFL game – I imagine that this is, at least in part, due to having one fewer down to make 10 yards.

Well, that, and:
(a) The 20-yard-deep end zone allows for long passers to do better close to the goal line;
(b) There’s an extra eligible receiver;
(c) The field is wider (195 feet instead of the NFL’s 160);
(d) Does the CFL still have the “all backs can be in forward motion at the snap” rule, as opposed to the NFL’s “only one back can be in motion, and he can’t be going forward”?

It does, indeed. A CFL snap looks a bit more like Arena Football than it does the NFL. :slight_smile: