"24" Season 2, Episode 15 - 10:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m. (SPOILERS)

24, Season 2
Episode 15
10:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.

Spoilers ahead!

Previous episodes discussed: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
This thread is presented as a service of the 24 Club.

Waaagh. I missed last week’s episode. Couldn’t even find it for download.

Do you have FX? Check the listings - it’ll be re-ran tonight.

Just bumping it up before it gets lost…

Ok here comes one big honkin’ spoiler box (all comments based on the commercials for tonight’s episode - so don’t read if you like to go in fresh).

[spoiler]Why do I watch the damn commercials for this show. I think they showed a little too much this week with the whole “Jack on the plane flying to his death scenario.” However, the fact that they did show it makes me think something different is going to happen. Not to mention the fact that Keefer is the star of the show, I don’t see him getting killed off this quick. :smiley:

So, does anyone have any theories of how he’ll get out of the situation? I figure:

a) The bomb doesn’t go off. It was successfully deactivated, but they wanted to play safe anyway.

b) That last commando is involved somehow.

c) Mason somehow sacrifices himself to save Jack (who the hell knows, I’m grasping at this point).

So who knows. Unfortunately, tonight’s my third anniversary so we’re going out to a nice dinner (j/k about the unfortunately part Jill :D), but I’m squeezing this in tonight no matter how late it is. I can’t wait. [/spoiler]

Should be a good episode! :smiley:

Hmmm, smilies are unspoilerable. Interesting.

I’m rooting for cougars and mountain lions tonite!!! But a little running first…

Yeah I noticed that on preview. Makes for an interesting spoiler box if it looks like this:

[spoiler]OMG I can’t believe everyone on the show so far is dead! :eek: :eek:

That Sayed Ali makes me so mad!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hope Kim gets away from that Mountain Lion :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :([/spoiler]

:smiley:

Just my wag, simple and straightforward

I think he’s going to shove the bomb out of the plane over the desert and then turn around and fly back.

Yeah, I agree with Ivar.

I have seen the episode, but I can’t say too much about it (since I won’t spoil anything):

But I will say this: Good episode! :slight_smile: Nice ending.
I wonder where they will take the show the rest of the season, though.

Slacker:

[spoiler]I’m just hoping that this plane doesn’t get shot down, too (and thus Jack escapes the scene somehow). Surviving two plane crashes in one day just wouldn’t work for me… :wink:

So I’m curious – is there an advantage to flying it over the desert (as the previews seem to indicate) over, say, flying it out above (and possibly into) the ocean?[/spoiler]

Monstre:

Yes there is, and it will all be explained in the episode, just relax :slight_smile:

Tom P. Hey! I want to play this game too!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey,

Are we driving the people who don’t watch the previews nuts yet? :wink:

Yo,We’re absolutely driving them nuts. :slight_smile: They’ll probably kick themselves for thinking that there are actual spoilers in these boxes. :smack: Heh. :wink:

OMG, can you believe

[spoiler]that they think we’re really talking about the show?

Anyway, as I said in last week’s thread, I can’t believe Jack would volunteer for a suicide mission, after what happened last year, and leave Kim an orphan.
Couldn’t he jump out and let the place crash on its own? Or what about flying it out over the ocean?
I don’t buy Jack on a suicide mission, not for one minute.
[/spoiler]
I watched the rerun on F/X at 5:00 this evening and it was great. Loved watching Sherry get the smackdown again.

you guys are killing me here!!! I don’t know what to read and what not to read!!!

:smiley: at Max Carnage.
Just wait till it’s over Max. You’ll be kicking yourself

Oh, and BTW:

Just torturing Max Carnage a little more… :smiley:

[spoiler] So, how bout them Yankees?

I made the mistake of reading a tad of a spoiler review for tonight’s episode. So I know one thing. shrug

Perhaps spoiler tags need superspoiler tags? Nested spoilers? Gonna have to think about this one for a while. :smiley: [/spoiler]

Okay, 24 minutes in, and here’s a wild theory… George showed up at the start (at the airport) and wanted to be the volunteer to fly the plane, since he’s history anyways. Jack just now took off in the plane. Perhaps… What if George pulled a switcheroo and gave some different orders behind Jack’s back and had the bomb put on a different plane – one that he will be flying? Then Jack would live, and George would fly it to a different drop spot…

I heard that Keifer Sutherland has been contracted already to do a third season of 24, so if this is true, Jack can’t die in this one…

I like that they fully explored the options of ocean or desert, and the fact that they could only get 80 miles or so away makes it obviously a more important issue (otherwise I’d say go WAY out into the ocean and drop it underwater).

BUT, can they not just get it to the desert then destroy it with conventional means (keeping the nuclear warhead from going off) – like the dirty bomb bit?