"24" Season 2, Episode 18 - 1:00 a.m. - 2:00 a.m. (SPOILERS)

Here’s what I am wondering:
What about the hard drive that Marie pulled out of the company computer and put in her purse back in episode whatever?
And if the bombers are supposed to arrive in - what did they say? - three or so hours? Don’t we have more hours to go in the season? What are they going to do after they avert world war III?

Well, her Arabic wasn’t very good – only bits and pieces. And she claimed to know how to handle a gun, but I don’t get the impression she was too good at that either. She barely managed to get the gun up and shoot Roving Guy at point-blank range. But as somebody else said, at least she didn’t get captured, or have the gun taken from her, a la Kim.

I’m curious to see how long Jack’s “New Partner” sticks around, seeing as how Jack apparently gets caught next episode..

I liked the episode, though maybe not quite as much as the begining of the season. It’s definitely lost something after the whole bomb scenario. This current plotline just doesn’t seem to provide as much tension or suspense.

My guess with Kim is that she’ll go to see her (ex)boyfriend in the hospital, where she’ll bump into abusive wife killer, then we’ll have to watch for several episodes while she runs from him.

I don’t see why everyone’s angry about #7 dying before he finished his sentence. I always hate it when someone dies in a show/movie/story as soon as they finish what they had to say. It’s much more believable that he wouldn’t finish his line.

He was, of course, the voodoo guy Pedro Cerrano from the Major League movies! Oh, and a lot of other stuff, too.
http://us.imdb.com/Name?Haysbert,+Dennis

As far as Kate knowing how to handle a gun, I’ve seen kids with Super Soakers look more terrorizing.

Add me to the list of knowing where the chip was. Soon as I saw the doc with the chest x-ray I figured something was up.

How about this: Jack saves the LA, the world, and the presidency all in one day. The President tells Jack he is greatful and if there is anything he can do for him to just name it. Jack says “Well there is one thing Mr. President. I’d like a pardon in advance for the murder of Nina Meyers.” The president agrees (wishing that bitch was dead anyway), if he was going to give it to Nina, fairness dictates Jack should get the same treatment.

Jack, pardon in hand, heads to where they are keeping Nina. We learn that what he had whispered to her was “Great idea about that pardon in advance thing. I’m gonna get one myself and come see you later today. . .”. The last hour or two is Jack breaking her out of her cell and then taking her somewhere to be tortured and killed.

DaLovin’ Dj

Well, knowing how to use a gun and killing someone are two different things - I’m pretty sure that’s what she was strugging with.

There was some classic “24” liberties taken with geography yesterday.

Speeding from Studio City (the location of the shootout) to LAX would take a while. And I think it would be pretty hard to get on any kind of plane with any kind of clearance in the LA area after a nuke went off.

Also didn’t Miguel recover fairly quickly. How many hours ago did he have the accident? Then presumably someone found him, took him to a hospital, operated on his leg (presumably the docs would have tried to reattach it or work pretty long to keep it one piece), and then he is out of surgery and lucid.

I would think such an event would knock you out for a day. And then you would wake in a lot of pain.

Ooooh! Good idea! Even better since it would be Jack taking Nina’s ploy and using it against her!

And since we’re making this wish list, I’d like to see his final confrontation with Nina involve a repeat of the line from the first episode in this season… “Anybody got a hacksaw?” :smiley:

I expected MEG (Middle Eastern Guy) to get knocked off during the firefight to get out of the alleyway, leaving Jack & Kate alone with MCG (Mysterious Commando Guy).

I truly doubt that MEG will make it to the end of the day, or even that he’ll continue to be Jack’s ally. Trust no one, Jack! :smiley:

Geez, I never see anything coming… Hubby does… I wonder sometimes if he’s got an insider at Fox because he is quite unbelievable.
It has become a little over the top the past couple of episode but I am still hooked.

But please, answer this : where is Marie!?

dj was that all a guess? Wow.

And I also have to ask what the big deal is with “knowing how to handle” a pistol? Point at target. Pull trigger. There is no reason to do any real aiming, sighting or setting yourself in a particularly good piring position when your target is only five feet away.

Not just unrealistic, but absurdly PC - after 9-11, in which a lot of people died, there was no rioting like what they showed. Despite the constant accusations by various TV personalities and Muslim leaders, there wasn’t an outpouring of violence against vaguely arabic-looking people. But, ohh, since this is a show let’s have all of those evil white guys start racist violence and demand internments and hey, let’s put it in a Southern town instead of California. While we won’t mention the names of the three middle eastern countries, we’re quite happy to name a specific town for the riots too!

We all know that if something bad happens in this country, everything will fall apart and only military control of the peasants will save us, right?

24-newbie here. First time last night. Can someone answer a couple of verrry simple questions?

How many more hours are left in the series?

Are those slippery presidential advisors “bad guys”?

What about the joint chiefs guy that was pressing for a decision?

Someone is trying to get the US into a war in the ME – do we know who or why?

Is Jack’s partner (the guy driving the Suburban) a good guy? For some reason he felt fishy . . .

I think with the answer to the foregoing I can enjoy the remaining episodes, and wait for the DVD to go back and watch the first episodes.

If this is all you need to know, you’re all set, because nobody knows any of this (except that the series will end at 8AM (six more hours)).

To a certain extent they’ve intimated that US oil interests are in on the war plot along with elements within the defense department concerned with a military scaleback. I wouldn’t count on that being totally true, though.

It’s a style choice for the series, you can never be sure who’s in on things and who to trust.

LOL. Ok then, away we go . . .
(Thanks!)

Totally. I have been absolutely unable to find spoilers on this show other than a couple hints the day before it airs. I read both of the new Star Wars scripts at least a month and a half before they came out, but they keep this show under tight wraps and how. I absolutely hate Nina (but I love hating her - great character) so I am always rooting for her to get what she has coming. I recently watched the last episode of last season where he has her in the garage with a gun to her head and everybody has to talk him out of wasting her. I just wanted him to pull the damn trigger so bad.

The other thing is that I have a $5 bet that she gets wacked this season. If she lives till next year I get screwed. So in the back of my mind I am always trying to figure out how they could ice her. As time runs out the odds are looking less and less likely that he will have a chance to kill her this year. The pardon thing is the only way I can really see them bringing her back this year unless she has access to some other info. If the Dradens come back that could be a way to work her in again I suppose. I’m just really hoping for it to go down one way or the other. Why, with $5 I could get the operation I’ve been needing. Or beer. Tough call.

DaLovin’ Dj

Yusef (MEG) is a prime set-up for a switcheroo at some point. He’s just too often in the right place at the right time.

Yeah, Kate could use some more time at the shooting range to hone her skills. Maybe she can get Jack to show her how he handles his gun…

I like the Nina twist, Dalovindj. Not sure it would play well with the president’s squeaky clean image, though.

And I’m sure we’ll see more stupidity from Kim. I hope the writers are having fun with that character. They have to know!! There’s got to be time left in the 24 hrs for her to get taken hostage at least 2 more times.

I think some of you guys are too hard on this show with your criticisms. Just a few responses…

Well, they already established that the Warners lived in the Middle East for a few years. So there’s no “happens to” about it. And why is it so surprising that she’d know how to fire a gun? It’s not exactly rocket science. Plus, given that she really sucked at it, there’s always the possibility that she was bluffing and just wanted a gun, to feel safe or to make Jack feel better or whatever.

I think it’s because no one died that the reaction on the show is realistic. I mean, after 9-11, I was more sad than pissed. Had the nuclear weapon gone off on American soil and killed tens of thousands of people, I’d be more devastated than sad. However, as it didn’t kill anyone, why would I be sad? I’d be PISSED.

On what basis are you saying that it’s “evil white guy racists”? There’s been no inclination towards that, other than the fact that it occurs in Marietta – which, as I recall, is a very high-tech suburb of Atlanta. So why don’t you cool your jets with THAT accusation unless it bears fruit?

And as far as the riots occuring at 4 AM (whoever said that), I woke up a few people on the West Coast with the news about 9-11. What’s to prevent people on the West Coast from waking up family members on the East Coast with news about the nuke?

Finally, concerning Tony, I’m going with THE MAN – Jack Bauer. He didn’t say that Tony became a power-hungry asshole; he maintains that it’s the stress of the job that got to him. I’ll take the opinion of THE MAN over your guys’, no offense.

P.S. Was I the only one saying, “Jesus, if only we could have a real-life president like David Palmer, as opposed to the peabrain troglodyte that we have now”?

He’s the antidote to all of the Crazy Arabs that populate the black hat side of the show. He’s an honorable, decent badass of an Arab who shoots straight and drives like Jeff Gordon and is always there when Jack needs him.

Of course, it would be just like the 24 writers to flip him, just to be ornery, but I don’t see it happening because of the purpose he serves.