24 - Season 3, Episode 4, 4:00PM - 5:00PM (SPOILERS)

Sure…

We saw a snippet of the presidential debate where Palmer’s opponent hits him with the gotcha allegation. But most of the promo was of Jack and his smack buddy Salazar first trying to pose as guards inside the prison by putting on riot suits, then getting taken hostage by the prisoners, then getting reunited with Partnerpants, who is also a hostage. Looks like a bad hour coming up for Jack.

No, no, no. Kidnapping her would be waaay too Season One. :wink:

My WAG is that Jack and Salazar bust out during the prison riot, thereby solidifying Jack as a “rouge.” Field Officer Chase, wanting to prove that his earlier “benching” was a mistake, will pursue Jack like Tommy Lee Jones in “The Fugitive.” But he’ll need help from CTU. In the person of Kim.

Will she help in Chase’s chase? Will she have a job tomorrow if daddy’s off in Margaritaville? With Chloe’s abrasive personality and the Mole’s distain for the no-phones and no-killings policies who handles the H.R. responsbilities around here? Tune in next week for these and other questions…

Nope. It makes her a spoiled rich chick.

I agree that this was the best episode so far. We want to see Jack operating solo and breaking lots of rules.

When Michelle was making the decision about whether or not to hand over control of CTU, I have exected her to put Kim in charge. But they do have a chain of command problem there. And what government agency (or even publicly traded company) would allow a person to work for his or her spouse, especially at the very top like this?

I can’t figure out what CLOWdia’s fate is going to be, but she sure does seem to have a death wish.

And it is hard to believe that every exit in the mall would not have been covered.

Anyway, let’s hope Jack gets out in the field, incommunicado, to work some of his majic.

They probably did have all the mall exits covered, but with the mad rush of people, they could’ve simply missed Kyle. And only Kyle, Tony, and the one or two others Tony was with know what the shooter looks like, because after a few seconds, he blended in as just another guy running like hell. (I assume all the cops & agents present had seen a picture of Kyle beforehand.)

Thanks, fiddlesticks. :slight_smile:

**Nah, Jack actually died last season, was defibrillated and was back in action the very next hour. I expect Tony to be chasing after Jack with a few hours, with nothing more than a Band-Aid on his neck… Yeah, I’m very cynical. I find this season rather over-the-top.

I really doubt an organization like CTU would continue to allow a married couple to work together as closely as Tony and Michelle seem to do, much less be Numbers 1 and 2 in charge. :rolleyes: See above; re: cynical.

Andrea Thompson was on my local morning news show and let some minor spoilery stuff out of the bag about the next few hours. Nothing major, just about the show’s general direction:

She said the show leaves the country for the next several hours (I assume Jack and Salazar head to Mexico) and then it comes back to LA. She said she’s not in the next few “hours” but comes back in a big way once it comes back to LA.

I thought it was a good episode, though wouldn’t it have been cooler if Palmer’s brother HAD paid off the ex-husband?

I love the clip for next episode where Chase and Jack have a big faceoff.

Oh, and CHLOE must DIE! She reminds me of Renee Zellwegger!

GMRyujin! Please put anything from the previews in a spoiler box!

I managed to avert my eyes in time (this time)!

Thanks!

Probably so that we’ll all be ecstatically happy when she dies later in the season, because she knows about Mole-Man’s non-permitted-cell-phone.

Just now starting to bug you, ivylass? You must be more patient than I am, then – I wanted her to die after the first episode.

Somebody else asked what’s her deal? Well, the way I see it – she’s a professional victim, and she’s the type who is always defensive about everything. And it’s basically all about how people see her.

For example, she knew she was insensitive to Michelle for how she spoke at the start of the episode – when she didn’t know about Tony. BUT, her later “apology” lacked sincerity, because it sounded less like actual apology to Michelle, and more defending the fact that she didn’t know about Tony at the time… “so I’m sorry, but I didn’t know so it’s not my fault, okay? I’m not an insensitive person. ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME”

Bullet to the brain. Chloe, that is your destiny. :smiley:

Yes, now that she’s noticed his non-regulation cell phone, I predict he (what’s his name? Gale? Gael?) will knock her out, drag her off to his secret lair and kill her. Unless of course he turns out to be a super-secret double agent (as I predicted after the first episode). Then he’ll just tie her up so she can’t cause any trouble for him as he Saves The Day.

See, a bullet wouldn’t be very satisfying to me. She is so fucking annoying that she needs to die slowly and painfully. She figures out that Noel is a MoleMan with an illicit cell, so he has to kill her - but I’d prefer all slow and quiet like:

“Chloe, can you come in here for a minute?”

“Sure, I’ve never been in this room before. Wow, it’s like a batcave in here. Wait . . . Isn’t that Kyle Singer on the monitor?”

At which point Noel grabs his fiber cord and strangles the shit out of her. It takes about 15 seconds to watch her choke, fight, and ultimately succumb to the grim reaper. We get to slowly see the life fade out of her eyes, and then, after he drops her to the ground, he kicks her in the face a couple of times just cause he always wanted to. Then feeds her into a shredder. Then drops the shredder into a vat of hydrochloric acid. Yeah, that’d be better than a bullet. But either way, she is not long for this world.

So, anyway: Is it just me, or is it getting easier and easier for Palmer to send Jack on “last missions”. I mean, last year he seemed really pained when he had to put Jack at risk. Now he’s all “I don’t know what to say . . .” like someone just told him they were out of roast beef or something. “I don’t know what to say . . . I guess I’ll just have the egg salad.” Come on! This is the guy who saved your life many times, a guy who has saved millions of Americans, a man who exposed some of your biggest enemies. Can you not act like losing him is just a minor bump? No more held back tears for Jack?

It wasn’t quite a hobbling, but Chase got a little taste of what happens when you go up against Jack. That shot of his bloody wrists was hard to see. He sounded like such a bitch when they pulled the Bauer towel of torture out of his mouth: “Whatever Bauer said he’s lying! We’re not friends anymore! He hit me!”. Jeez, man - why don’t you just cry about it. He felt like a tough guy once they gave him the shotgun though. What with that Ash-wannabe-one-handed-shotgun-pump move. That’s it, you just got owned by Jack, now go try to track him down with a shotgun. You’ll be eating that shotgun for dinner DimWick.

Jack is back. It seems he either needs drugs or to break a few rules to look good. He’s an action junkie as much as a junkie junkie. “Forget about it . . . Now, tell me about these cameras”. Great line. Also loved the little exchanges between him and Salazar. “Are you going to kill me, Jack?” - “I’d love to, can’t now though.” Seems like Jack did a bit more than heroin in Mexico. “The ‘things you’ve done’, Jack” line keeps coming back. Maybe some murders too? Perhaps Jack did some hitman work for the Salazars. I also love the way he handled the guy at the panel that opens the cells. Should have been a great casting call description: Needed: one man to be a bitch owned by Jack for 5 seconds. “I can’t do it from here . . . OK. I’ll do it while I try not to weep.” The security guard bit was cool. “Hey, are all those cells supposed to be opening? Maybe I should . . . run . . . uh oh . . .Noooooooo!” Also, we saw this week that Dim isn’t at CTU so Jack can keep her safe, she’s there because Jack knows he can get her to break the rules for him. You know she is going to have to decide between whether to help Chase or Jack soon. Hmmm, tough call. What’s more important: family or a good lay?

So now that Tony and Jack are away from CTU it’s all bitches and women over there. It’s good to know that our first and last line of defense against terrorism is a bunch of whiney annoying nerds, a few moles, a woman who seduces and marries her superiors, and well, that’s it I guess. Boy do I feel safe. Thank goodness for Hacksaw-Speedball man, or we’d all be dead.

Claudia really doesn’t seem to like her boyfriend. She’s really playing fast and loose with her life. She is a brunette after all, so she should really try to be more careful. Her kid did make a pretty good shot. Shame about the vase, though. And somebody should tell her that tossing a loaded & chambered gun a foot away from you with an overhand throw (even if at a couch) isn’t the best strategy - especially if your kid brother is behind the couch!. It’s not a glass or a phone for crying out loud! If you throw it, it might kill you. I wonder if any of the little Salazars will get offed. The comment about Salazar not caring about his own children might be a bit of foreshadowing. Will we put that observation to the test? Hope so. We got cheated with the fake dead kids last year.

All in all a fun episode. I love seeing Chase end up being Jack’s bitch. When he yelled at Jack and then hung up on him, all I could hear was Tony’s crutches last season: Thump-Thump-Thump “Hey! Wait up guys!” I hope they spend most of the day as adversaries. I can’t take any more whining or preaching. Looks like the show is getting ready to rev up pretty good. . .

DaLovin’ Dj

Maybe they got the idea from Tom Clancy–he had a husband and wife running the CIA for quite some time…

BTW–what’s the programming schedule going to be like? I get this sinking feeling like it’s almost time for a month-long break from the show so we can be stuck with some reality-show tripe instead.

[Monstre calls Fox network execs again:
“Didn’t I tell you morons last week to hire dalovindj as a writer for this show? What are you sitting there on your asses for?!!!”
]

Don’t know, but if it’s anything like last season – we may make it non-stop up to just before Christmas (last year it was episode 8 right before Christmas), and then make us suffer through the holidays…