24: Season 4: Episode 13 (7:00pm - 8:00pm)

I think they should be somewhere over Australia by now.

Yeah, I just laughed. He’s on such a tight schedule that he’s been flying around for the last 13 freaking hours. :stuck_out_tongue: Perhaps Marwan means the Prez has an appointment in Damascus.

I think they ought to be halfway to Mars at this point.

I just noticed how appropriately your Location fits with this comment. :smiley:

Sarah looks like a Michelle wannabe.

And she’s just now getting pissed about the false torture? And bitching to the new boss? “Gimme a raise now, or else!” Strange that she seems to think that the false accusation wouldn’t be expunged from her record (without her little “deal” with Driscoll), since it’s already been proven to have been a mistake.

And where’s the evening shift? I guess CTU employees just live there. That’s why they’re always so bitchy. :wink:

Sarah’s final words were, “You’ll be sorry for this! I promise you!” Maybe she’ll go join the terrorists for real now. grin

Seems like normally, a false arrested would explained, but not expunged. Sarah obviously felt that would still hurt her and she’s probably right. Her deal with Driscoll was informal, and she found out Driscoll didn’t tell anyone, so unless she pushed, it wouldn’t happen. Although being insubordinate was stupid and wouldn’t help.

One would think that the commando team would have tear gas grenades or something. Guess they weren’t trained so great by McKlendan Forrester after all. Jack’s better prepared.

OMG!! Jack is BATMAN!!

I don’t blame Sarah for wanting some reassurances and Michelle seems to have just been being a tightass and giving her a hard time over it in order to look tough. However, I think a good manager would have been more reassuring in order to get the employee back to work and avoid a potential lawsuit. Heck, it would have been much better for the entire team if she had just taken 5 seconds to do that instead of making a scene over the whole thing. “I need people who can focus on their work”, well, heck lady if you could motivate them then they would be able to focus on their work.

I haven’t watched every season but I thought this Michelle was just another peon in the first season, how did she get such a position of authority with such bad interpersonal skills?

Speaking of which, why did she so quickly dismiss Tony’s idea of sending a team to the building where Jack and Paul were? Even without Tony’s theory of what Jack would do, it still makes sense that they would still be in or around the building being that it was unlikely they would have gone very far during a blackout. So why not just send a team there? How likely is it that they would turn up in a location on the other side of town?

Also, why didn’t they check to make sure that one guy was dead? It seemed a huge oversight that they’d remove the rifle and then leave a handgun nearby.

Except Sarah was trying to get Michelle to agree to honor basically what was an under-the-table deal between her and Driscoll, which Michelle was not involved in or around for. Michelle did say, “I promise I will look into it.” For her to promise more with only Sarah’s word on the deal might be overstretching her authority.

She wasn’t in season 1. She was first in Season 2, as one of the main computer/system/whatever analysts. In season 3, she had more authority, and she was temporarily in charge at CTU for a number of episodes while Tony was in the hospital. Apparently, now she works at Division. So she’s risen in the ranks.

Absolutely. You’d think the CTU team that came in would be checking pulses on all the downed commandos to verify.

Turned out the answer, mostly, was fires. Resulting in the first episode of 24 I’ve seen that really had a distinct look and sort of a visual palette in parts. Sometimes they’ll use an angle or something that I think is clever, but one actually had a little bit of art to it.

Nina’s back. Except it was on a commercial for “House”. Where she will be near death with a weird disease that will eventually be cured between 9:45 and 9:50.

Why was the near dead guy trying to shoot Jack anyway? What could he have accomplished? Was he that pissed off? His private commando force got wiped out by one government agent, a wimpy financier, and two guys who run a sporting goods store.

“Oh, but if shoot that guy. Nobody will find out about our evil plan! I’ll be a hero. People will hail my name throughout history. I’ll be the McLennan-Forster Employee of the Century! They’ll name the new cafeteria after me!”

I thought not-quite-dead-guy was going to shoot one of the All American Arab brothers, to make it all poignant and whatnot.

The bullet was better spent on Paul. He still puts a hair up my ass. The thought of him putting his antediegetic hands on Kim Raver’s hot bod makes me taste wormwood.

Is Donald Rumsfeld as touchy feely as Secretary Heller is in the show? I really hope not.

‘Okay, I’ll bite’ I thought to myself. So I bit.

You know, planes can go 'round and 'round in big circles, eh? They don’t have to just go in straight paths.

Why are people so amused that the president has been in the air all day? The US is under a serious terrorist threat and as of right now the CTU has no real idea what’s coming next. Where do you *expect *the president to be? I mean, in this entire show, the president taking to the air as a safety measure in a time of crisis is one of the closer things to reality that’s happened.

I’ll make sure to add the smiley next time so you catch my arid wit.

:smack:

I had a few laughs last night.

Tony I want you to work with Curtus… Tony Curtus!!! And they were the defiant Ones too.

All those poor looters will get home with their new Big assed TVs and Stereos only to find they are fried from the EMP bomb.

The talk between the gals during the crisis…“You know Tony still thinks your cute”
“He does? O’migod!!”

“Last time I saw you Tony you were a drunk,” Lady he still is only a few hours ago he was pounding a few back at his home.

Thank goodness the evil corporate guys didn’t use electricity as a torture device or Paul would have spilled everything. Or maybe he’s getting used to torture now.

Hey they saved money on the disclaimer by having two arab characters talk about what good American’s they were… over and over and over and over again.

And is it me or are all the women on the show complete and utter turnip heads. They are always wrong or too busy trying to conive and being catty while the guys (Even Comic book guy Edgar) seem to rise to the occassion.

It’d be much less amusing if they had just devoted two sentences to it at some point. If in real life they can put the VP in an undisclosed location and in the show they can sequester the cabinet and everything’s cool, you’d think they can get the President to NORAD or DC or something and that’d be fine. But to me it’s just amusing because he’s been in the air 13+ hours and they treated this as if it was so normal that none of the characters would need to discuss it and the audience would just accept that this happens all the time.

Not been married, have you? :slight_smile:

A very soap-y episode to be sure. My favorite part was the discussion between Audrey and Pop.

Audrey: I don’t know if I love Jack anymore.
Heller: Jack is a wonderful man. We need men like Jack. Go to him. Bear his children.

It looks like to bad guys are now planning to off the president and, frankly, I don’t much care. If it was Palmer I’d be worried. But this guy is the James K. Polk of fictional presidents. Go ahead, I’ll be over here in the science fiction section with pulse bombs and nuclear power plant remote controls and … Ooooh, look. An Overkill Horn. :wink: