24: Season 4: Episode 15 (9:00pm - 10:00pm)

hee hee – I was expecting him to have a cell phone ring that said, “I’m a bad-ass terrorist, don’t mess with me”

But instead, he had one that conveyed the message, “I’m a dork. I’m a dork. I’m a big goofy dork.”

Hmmm. I don’t think that plane has any real air-to-air capabilty does it? And wouldn’t AF1 be flanked by eagles or falcons during a crisis?

Well, this IS a TV show…and it is a STEALTH fighter, so perhaps the idea is that the F15s wouldn’t detect it. I don’t believe Stealth fighters carry any air-to-air missiles either, but maybe he intends to use it as a kamikaze weapon.

Presumably he’s not planning on landing it, either (given the mechanical problems we heard about from the soon-to-be-dead mechanic). Although I’m pretty sure he’s planning to eject, since “Time for you to earn your money” wouldn’t make much sense if he was going to martyr himself for Marwan’s cause.

TerrorKid goes from being almost unconscious from the drugs, to being apparently pretty sober in what, 13 minutes?

I don’t really have anything to add except that I find it awfully nice of the terrorists to always be plotting somewhere conveniently located 5-10 minutes from CTU headquarters.

Oh, and also that this thread had exactly 24 posts…until I posted in it.

Yeah, you’d think by now they’d realize that all evil plans should be based anywhere but Los Angeles.

I can just imagine a bunch of them talking: Ooh, that whole atomic bomb thing failed because those guys were based in Los Angeles. Biowarfare attack? Because doofus based it out of Los Angeles, which is where the infection started AND where the terrorist’s daughter happened to live (gee, that makes a lot of sense… I really care about my daughter, so I’ll spread something that’ll kill people indiscriminately where she lives, and run it from down the street).

So maybe the terrorists decided that since Jack no longer worked at CTU Los Angeles that it was ripe for the plucking again, but the whole kidnap his boss thing was pretty stupid.

These terrorists are dumb, dumb, dumb. And what’s worse is that CTU has to be almost as dumb or else the threat would be over within a few hours of the 24, at least the way they’ve been writing these things.

The landing gear problem did seem to be a dead giveaway there. The point about money is interesting, though.

Ok, I’m conviced that they have a high stakes poker game going on over at Division. That’s the onl explanation I can think of for why everybody from Division needs to be brought up to speed.

The F117 is designated as a fighter not a bomber so presumably it can carry air to air missiles. What bothers me though is on trainng flights, I don’t think they carry actual ordnace, but maybe Aiman can chime in on that. Also I believe Airforce one is always flanked by fighters, but Im not sure about that either. In anycase hte 117 is hard to spot on radar and is about the size of an F15.

As for the surpise twist, I’m betting Comic Book Guy being a plant now. Think about it, an hour ago he was distracted to the point they brought Chloe back, now he’s playing power games with Chloe.

I agree tey fell for Marwan’s trick hook line and sinker, my only question is why not take out Beiruz and Jack at the same time. I never want to play poker against Black Bauer, what a poker face. “Your Mom is fine, we have your safety in mind”. Man someday one of those armed agents is going to blow Chloe away “Damn your husband got shot saving your boyfriend, who happens to be held by terrorist, it must suck to be you”

Am I the only one who thought that placing Jack next to the phone box was incredibly lame. I have never seen one placed like that, they’re normally placed on a wall at about standing height.

The “F” in F-117 is a misnomer. Stealth fighters are really bombers. IRL, they have absolutely no air-to-air capability. Not even a cannon. Given this, the only technically correct options are either a bombing run or a kamikaze strike. Given that the pilot expects to be paid after this is over, we can throw the latter out.

If the show does happen to portray this plane as a fighter engaged in air-to-air combat, it’s technically wrong. But then, it’s an error that’s probably not any worse than the Internet gibberish they were spewing when the nuclear reactors were about to go critical.

I thought it odd that in a high-tech place like CTU, they burn important reports on to CDs and then put them into jewel boxes that match. They put red discs in red boxes, but still labeled them. All the other information they need pops up on their monitors right away, but this bit of info (the LAPD report) has to get downloaded and then burned.

So in their spare time, do the CTU people use those CD burners to make special mixes for their cars?

And I think those were CD-Rs they were using also.

Well, get ready because it’s going to be an air-to-air strike. Technically, the F117 CAN carry two AIM 9 missiles, so maybe this one does. It’s just that it’s almost never loaded that way in real life. Anyway, it will hit AF1 with a missile at the end of the next episode.

Alright, I get automatic emails when people post, and that spoiler above came through as plain text without any sort of warning. You should really tag those things with words saying that spoilers are coming and not just the box so I can know not to read it.

And I’m pretty ticked off now. I don’t even look at the previews for the next episode because I think they often give too much away, and here someone freaking spoiled a major surprise. Grrr.

I put it in a spoiler box. If there is a problem with the system, I am sorry, but don’t blame me for it.

It’s not a problem with the system, it’s with the way you casually mention things that are major spoilers without prefacing them with a warning. Spoiler boxes are special codes this board uses, email software doesn’t know to hide things like that, and it was just mid sentence so I had no clue that it was something I shouldn’t be looking at.

And, even worse than that, this whole spoiler business came about because of speculations about what something mentioned in the previews (I presume anyway, or something in TV guide or something, I don’t know, I avoid those) was all about. The rules for the weekly 24 threads say you aren’t supposed to talk about info from the previews either.

Basically you just ruined something that was probably the highlight of the season, and you don’t seem to care. The least you could do is apologize and promise to take steps to not spoil things for people in the future.

So just read the message board like everyone else and don’t blame that guy. I had no idea spoiler boxes would show as plain text in an e-mail anyway, so it could have happened to anyone.

And the first post of every thread says in large letters “SPOILERS AHEAD,” so please just relax.

Inappropriate use of company resources. That’s a torturin’.

What’s wrong with using CD-R’s?

Well, I think that Edgar is simply feeling a little power mad, now that he has broken away from being blackmailed, and I am rooting for him.

"All right Edgar, now drop a train on 'em!

Yes, in fact, it is. If your email notification doesn’t black out or otherwise block spoiler-boxed text, that’s a problem with the system. It’s pretty damned silly of you to accuse me of mentioning spoilers “casually” when I WENT TO THE TROUBLE OF SPOILER-BOXING THEM.