42 word post

Every post should have precisely 42 words. Every word (including “the”) counts, and numbers count, too. Oh, yeah, and everyone stop posting when the 42nd post is put here, so the thread will remain eternally at having 42 posts. (but not locked)

Ah, but the inevitability of preventing that 42nd post cannot be stopped. A simulpost may happen. Some prankster will undoubtedly make a 43rd post–just because. The boards will collapse. People will panic. The universe will implode. All because YOU caused it.

We have to deter the 42nd post. By any means.
Although I would prefer the idea of having this post reincarnate periodically; say, every 42nd day of the year (February 11), a new post is added and then silence for another year.

What about quotations? If you quote someone else’s earlier thoughts, do their words count towards your allocated total? Should the word ‘quote’ as the header of such a passage be included in the count. These matters need to be cleared up quickly.

If titles counted, you would be over the limit. Also, “forty two” should probably be counted as two words or maybe none if written as a numeral. Notice how I have avoided contractions in this post so there is no ambiguity there.

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, twenty-one, twenty-two, twenty-three, twenty-four, twenty-five, twenty-six, twenty-seven, twenty-eight, twenty-nine, thirty, thirty-one, thirty-two, thirty-three, thirty-four, thirty-five, thirty-six, thirty-seven, thirty-eight, thirty-nine, forty and forty-one.

Quotations are unacceptable. Keep it all original.

Why 42? The number has a good vibe, but where’d you get it? Were you thinking of 420? National smoke weed day?

We should add a post every 42 days after the thread is completed.

I don’t get a good vibe for the number 42. Maybe it’s just me, but I think that you have a serious problem. Number worship is not a good thing, in fact, it can be horribly damaging later in life. So there.

“42” is the answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything. It has nothing to do with marijuana.

A number counts as one word if written as digits, not spelled out. Acronyms and abbreviations are one word.

Signatures don’t count towards the total.

42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42 42

Maybe Mike drafted the post first (with blanks for the numeral), then counted the number of words in it, found out it was 42 and filled it in? That’s how I created my 16 words thread some time ago (shame on me).

It’s so nice out today that maybe I will go out for lunch, then go buy some “purple gum that you squeeze”, as my favorite kid calls it. (it’s really bubble gum in a small tube)

Schnitte, I remember that thread well…

Flamsterette_X (this counts as one word, right?), you could celebrate this thread by pushing your average to 42.00 (see other MPSIMS thread) :smiley: (smileys = no word).
Including this sentence, I have 31 (number = word). So please excuse including my signature - destroyed the count :frowning:

47, 47, 47, 47, 47, 47, 447, 47, 47, 47,447, 47, 47, 4747, 47, 47, 4747, 47, 47, 4747, 47, 474, 747, 47, 47, 47, 474, 747, 47, 47, 47, 474, 747, 4, 77, 47, 47, 47, 457, 474, 747, 47477.

I’ve been posting in the Two Word Post thread for some time, so it would only be logical for me to try my hand at a 42 word post. However, I must echo comments made regarding the apparently random selection of 42?

I’ve seen mundane and pointless threads before, but this has got to take the cake. Personally, I believe that posting for such a silly reason is merely an attention getter that defeats the purpose of this board, in my humble opinion.

Czarcasm

I refuse to accept this limit on my freedom to post. I say we break away from this unconstitutional 42 post rule and live in freedom the way we were meant to be. Down with Mike38722, our freedom shall be preserved!
-solomon

This seems like something that would only lead to the heartache that inevitably comes from leading one’s life according to the rules that one could find on the back of a post-it, especially for the poor fool who posts post number 43.

Once a giant supercomputer named “Deep Thought” was asked to reveal the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything. After thinking about it for seven and a half million years, it finally came up with this answer: 42.

Quaranta due,førtito,quarenta e dois,zweiundvierzig,quarante deux,cuarenta y dos,четиридесет две,apatnapu dalawa,ddeugain ddau,fjörutíu tveir,četrdeset dva,čtyřicet dva,fyrre to,veertig tweetal,neljäkymmentä kaksi,negyvenkettυ,videre to,czterdzieści dwa,patruzeci şi doi,štirideset dva,fyrti två.