7 Jan 2021 and beyond - the aftermath of the storming of the Capitol

According to this WaPo article on yesterday’s rally, it sounds like they did, but they seem to also have been lightly attended.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/09/18/justice-j6-rally-capitol-riot-dc/

And again I say, whew!

I would argue that part of the reason nothing happened is that Trump wasn’t there to inspire people to go, let alone inspire them to act. You don’t get much without the ringleader.

That said, I absolutely do not blame anyone for saying we should’ve been more cautious. You don’t get a chance to go back and fix it when it all goes south.

…said the Ichythostega.

Perhaps someday she’ll evolve into a higher lifeform.

that animal is too amazing looking for an insurrectionist… there must be an ickier slimy example.

Are you sure you’re looking at the right picture? It’s not the top pic on the page. The ichythostega pic is farther down the page. It’s the fishy-looking critter mucking about in a swamp.

To be sure, I think this one is ickier and slimier looking:

Hhhmmm, those aren’t too bad. Perhaps the slimy fish thing that gooes when you touch it, a land based hagfish?

The “No Shit” defense:

Will admit to snort-laughing at the first reply:

Way to set the bar realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly low there.

And the 9/11 hijackers didn’t shit on the beverage carts.

That we know of.

I mean sure, I banged your sister, hocked your jewelry, cleaned out your bank account, and told your grandmother to suck my balls, but come on, it never even occurred to me to shit on your desk.

Plus: it wasn’t personal; ya know what I’m sayin’?

Here’s some news:

And of course some of them are now claiming to be the victims…

Every black person in America: “Uh-huh.”

Looks like she’s getting off easy:

I assume that if she’d actually had a gun, the article would have mentioned it. Because that’s more relevant than where she was at the time she made the remark.

Musing…

Would anyone care to speculate where we’d be on this if a mob of Black people had stormed the Capitol on Jan 6? Hmmm…?

It’d be ugly – evoking comparisons to John Brown and Harper’s Ferry.

Kind of the inverse of the actual MAGA-verse response, which is: why are we getting worked up about little kerfuffle in the Capitol, when BLM (ie, scary black people!) are burning down our cities as we speak???