7 Jan 2021 and beyond - the aftermath of the storming of the Capitol

For many of them, there wouldn’t have been trials; they would have been shot.

Here’s two aftermaths that is also one aftermath:

And so it begins?

This judge is a fucking idiot and an asshole. There’s really no comparison between an oppressed minority demanding equal protection and justice under the law and a ruling class upset because they can’t just do whatever the hell they want.

The judge is part of the ruling class who is upset. That’s patently obvious here.

Aye :

Magats in positions of power. We’ll be seeing more of this.

I actually disagree – I think motives are irrelevant. If you go on some kind of rampage and cause destruction, you should be charged appropriately, whether you’re legitimately pissed off at how society has treated people like you or idiotically pissed off at unfounded conspiracies about the election.

Of course, the Jan. 6 rioters were also guilty of attempting to overturn a legitimate election by force, so on top of the petty shit they’re being charged with I also think they should be charged with treason.

And there’s no excuse for the judge bringing up BLM-related activities in sentencing this yahoo.

Yeah, that’s the main thing. Has anyone ever heard of a judge not throwing the book at a felon in front of him, because some other felon in East Bumfuck, IN got off with a lesser charge?

Here’s some news:

U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan called it a false equivalence “to compare the actions of people protesting, mostly peacefully, for civil rights” to the mob that “was trying to overthrow the government.” She said doing so “ignores the very real danger that the Jan. 6 riots pose to the foundation of our democracy.”

That judge slammed by another judge:

“Judgefight!!”

That dude must be pissed at both judges. He gets the extra lesson of learning what it means to be a pawn.

Ahnuld weighs in:

Ugh ugh ugh ugh ugh:

The headline cuts off after happy birthday in…. I assume the next word is hell.

She commited suicide by cop. Way to go, Donnie, wishing happy birthday to a dead quitter! Choose your martyrs!

I don’t think people realize how close we are to the end of American democracy. The forces that beget January 6 aren’t dead; they’re stronger than ever. The momentum is in their favor.

If only we had someone here to tell us every 20 posts.

Snark all you want. We’re near the end. And your world, our world, is going to be radically different. Not much longer now.

Awwwww; it’s okay: