7 Jan 2021 and beyond - the aftermath of the storming of the Capitol

and what new actionable information does this give us that we didn’t have in your previous umpteen hundred posts on the subject.

You all are not ready for it. I promise you’re not.

NM taking it here so as to not disrupt this thread further.

(No) Surprise!

Well, you know what they say about the person who represents himself in court. In this case the client isn’t just a fool, he’s a giant freaking idiot.

“I’m Brandon Fellows!” Just reminded me of Tracy Morgan’s SNL character.

Brian Fellows seems to have had a much greater situational awareness and grasp of reality than Brandon does.

They now have a Blutfahne (Blood Flag) of their very own to wave . . . sadly (for them), not soaked in Ashli Babbitt’s blood.

[digression]
While I have never heard of John Fredericks, I find the concept of a radio host who breathes radioactive halitosis on the truth then tramples it underfoot absolutely consistent with today’s GQP.
[/digression]

Let’s go, Brandon!

Capitol cop arrested for helping an insurrectionist to hide evidence of his involvement in the attack on the Capitol.

This insurrectionist is making it official, his lawyer has told the court that he intends to assert the defense that he “was acting under public authority” when he tased police officer Michael Fanone.

In other words, he didn’t do anything wrong because he was acting on behalf of Donald Trump. In the words of his lawyer “It offends due process to convict an individual who was acting upon authorization of a public official.”

ETA- he’s also trying to get the interrogation tossed because the officers were coercive when they continued to question him after he said he wasn’t lying. Because they just should’ve believed him and let him go. How dare they treat a fine patriot that way!

“I vas only followink orders!!”

I wonder if Trump’s vocal denials that he made any such request of anybody will affect any opinions on his side of the aisle, or if they’ll say that he’s just lying to save face (and thus throwing his supporter under the bus).

Former President Donald Trump is suing the Democratic-led House select committee that’s investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, as well as the National Archives, to try to stop documents related to the riot from being turned over to the panel.

“The Committee’s request amounts to nothing less than a vexatious, illegal fishing expedition openly endorsed by [President] Biden and designed to unconstitutionally investigate President Trump and his administration. Our laws do not permit such an impulsive, egregious action against a former President and his close advisors,” the lawsuit, which was filed Monday in the U.S. District Court in Washington, D.C., says.

Trump had urged former officials in his administration not to comply with subpoenas from the House panel, citing executive privilege. However, that power applies to only the current sitting president, not former ones.

Blahblahblah.

Fishing expedition. Right. Something may or may not have happened on Jan 6. The totally partisan Democrat-led investigation is trying to make something out of nothing and smear the good name of our most patriotic president ever.

(Ow, my eyes just rolled so hard I think I hurt myself.)

I hear a little ivermectin rubbed on the eyes will clear that right up.

When you see sharks swimming in your pool, it’s no longer a fishing expedition.

As I mentioned in the Colin Powell thread, would Trump dare go to the Capitol if Colin Powell Lies in State at the Capitol? As a former POTUS he would be invited to go wouldn’t he? Or would he be too afraid to return to the scene of the crime.

It would be nice if Colin Powell’s family explicitly made an announcement that Trump was not welcome, but that Clinton, Bush and Obama certainly were invited.