_Video_ gamers: What are you playing now?

(I didn’t want to hijack this thread: http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=439162)

Wii: I’m 1/5th into Metroid Prime 3 and getting a little dejected at the difficulty. I can get past the harder parts (Rundas battle, second anti-aircraft gun), it’s just that it seems more a chore than something fun.

I just picked up pikmin and am really enjoying it

Xbox: Halo 2, with Malice waiting in the wings. Got it cheap, remember theym hyping it when it was in development, heard nothing else after that. And Fable’s in the bookshelf, never been used…I may eventually get around to it.

Bro in law brought over his 360 last weekend and Halo 3…I’ll have to get that when it’s not $60 NIB.

I only own a 360 and am currently working on Medal of Honor : Airborne.
This weekend I finished Conan.
I have gotten to one of the last levels of Halo3 but just can’t be arsed to finish it.
I also just started John Woo’s Stranglehold.

Persona 3. I just can’t put it down, even though it’s the silliest game I’ve ever played.

I’m on my second run through Halo 3. Bioshock is waiting patiently in the wings, as is Gears of War.

I can’t get enough of Bioshock right now. If you’re interested in playing it, I’d recommend reading as little about it as possible beforehand. There are some great moments that will be totally spoiled if you don’t first experience them through the game. I honestly think that this is the first time that my main motivation when playing a game has been to find out more about the plot and story told through the game, rather than just kill more baddies.

Can you tell that I love it?

Ugh, I have an unfinished copy of Zelda:TP…I stopped playing for two weeks, lost the reflexes, and couldn’t get my skillz back. I’m still stuck chasing the wagon, with the sick kid, with the baddies setting fire to it. Sure wish there was a way to skip it and move on.

Just picked up Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass, so I’m still in the beginning of that. Man, I love Zelda.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Skies of Arcadia Legends on GameCube. I put down Zelda back in April after getting stuck in the Snowpeak Ruins, then picked it up again last week and am progressing rapidly towards the end of the game. Skies of Arcadia was a recent purchase and I’m about a third of the way through it.

Luminous Arc, Heroes of Mana, and Pokemon Pearl on DS. Luminous Arc is fun, but it’s filled with looong dialogue sequences between battles that are getting harder and harder to sit through. Heroes of Mana is pretty cool, but I’m to a point in the game where it’s getting too complicated to just pick it up and play for an hour; I need to really focus on it. Pokemon Pearl is a blast and I’m cruising through it at a pretty decent clip.

And I just (finally) ordered a PS2, so I’m preparing to dive into a big stack of PS2 games that I missed the first time around! Metal Gear Solid 3, Final Fantasy XII, Xenosaga… goodbye free time!

damn double post…

This has been a very busy time for my Xbox. BioShock dominated most of last month but Halo 3 has now taken over. I’ve also recently downloaded Alien Hominid and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night from the XBox Live Arcade. Psychonauts and Destroy All Humans have been on my shelf for months as well.

That’s what’s getting me. Between the $6 Xbox gasmes, and the $5-$10 Wii downloadable games, and the $20 brand new Gamecube games, I’m having a hard time justifying the bank for a new PS3 or XBox 360 and $60 games.

I’m all about waiting a few years until the console and games can be had on the cheap. Sometimes that can bite you though… sleep too long on certain games, and they become hard to find, driving the price back up to where it was originally or higher.

I just got a 360 this weekend and I’m playing Bioshock, but I can’t play it at night 'cause I get ascaired. So I also got Viva Pinata, which is so much fun I can hardly stand it!

I had a blast with Viva Pinata. :slight_smile:

I’m playing Halo3 and Two Worlds right now. I need to put Halo3 down, and play Two Worlds more beacuse hubby has finished the game and wants to send it back to GameFly.

I can’t wait until tomorrow, when my favorite game ever, Final Fantasy Tactics gets ported over to the PSP. I just finished Jeanne D’Arc, which was pretty fun. I love TRPGs.

My Wii was getting all the love this weekend with Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels from the Virtual Console.

$250, fancy motion consoles, an Xbox 360 gathering dust and I’m obsessed with an old NES game from 1986.

Good show Nintendo.

I’m working my way through Sin & Punishment on the Virtual Console.

It’s an amazing game; highly recommended.

I’m also Pokemon-ing in general and trying to decide whether or not I’ll pick up Phantom Hourglass between now and when Mario Galaxy is released.

I just finished with Bioshock this weekend and even though LOUNE ragged me a bit, I still haven’t picked up Halo 3.

Right now, I’m playing The Bard’s Tale from a suggestion I read here. I’ve gotten more than a few laughs out of it.

I’ll probably pick up Final Fantasy III next as part of my ongoing project to replay all of the Final Fantasy games in order.

Right now I’m playing “Warhawk” for PS3, but that glitch in the ranking system that levels you up without the prerequisites has really made the game a lot less fun.

I’m stoked for Assassin’s Creed and Call of Duty 4, but I’ll be deployed when they come out. Which is a good thing though 'cuz hopefully when I get home I’ll know if the latter two games are good and maybe they’ll fix Warhawk.

I’m having trouble getting my pinata animals to have sex with each other. (This is a kids’ game? Is Junior going to grow up thinking that when two people love each other very much, they eat another person and somebody builds them a house and then there’s a minigame and then they do the sweet, sweet disco dance of luuurve?) I know what they need, they just won’t DO it. Eat the stupid worm! I just TOLD you to! There’s 50 of them!