A friend of mine died this morning

I just got the news when I woke up. He was at a train station at six in the morning, and his girlfriend was threatening to commit suicide by throwing herself in front of the train. He tried to stop her and fell in front of it himself, but saving her. He was nineteen years old.

This was a guy whose face I can barely picture without a smile on it. He seemed constantly happy and joking. He was physically small, and we were always joking about how, when we ate out, he could never finish his portion, no matter what he ordered. He was always trying to give half of it away. He was just a great guy. He made life a bit more fun. I can’t believe he’ll never show up again.

Sorry to hear that.

Wonder how the girlfriend feels now?

Me too. All I know is that she was physically unharmed but traumatized enough that the police hasn’t been able to speak to her yet. I didn’t know her; I’ve only seen her a couple of times, but she didn’t seem to be the sort of person to attempt suicide.

A lot of people who do, don’t. My condolences to you, Priceguy.

CJ

Priceguy I’m so sorry for your loss. Your friend, his family and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I am so sorry for your loss. You’re in my thoughts.

:frowning:

Oh man.

I hope whatever problems the girlfriend has that she gets help and appreciates the gift of life that your friend so selflessly gave to her.

What sad news.

I am sorry.

I am so sorry to hear your news. I wish there was something I could say to make it easier, but there is not.

Sending supporting thoughts your way.

Priceguy, my thoughts are with you.

I’m so sorry.

How utterly awful. My condolences, Priceguy.

Wow - how awful. My thoughts are with you, and your friend’s family.

I’m so sorry to hear about this. My thoughts are with you.

My deepest condolences, Priceguy.

Condolences. That’s just fucked.

-Tcat

That sucks 18 ways to Sunday. Thoughts out to you and your friend’s loved ones.

That’s the worst way to start a day.

Tomorrow has to be better.

To die saving another. If there is a good way to die, that is it.

Condolences Priceguy.

I am so sorry for your loss Priceguy, my condolences.

Thanks for the kind words, guys. He was well-known in a Swedish online community, and we’re starting a small charity fundraiser there to make a donation in his name, so something good is coming out of this.

His girlfriend is in a psychiatric ward and apparently in horrible shape. No-one has been allowed to meet her.