Advice needed on guy...(long)

hmm…

I work with this guy, and I wasn’t attracted to him at first…we just kinda buddied up to each other really quickly, and I didn’t think anything of it. But lately, in maybe the last month or two, I’ve become really attracted to him.

The problem is, I don’t know if he’s flirting with me or not. We always played around, like play fighting and such, and I never really thought much of it, but lately, he’s hugged me a couple of times, and I catch him looking at me in kind of a funny way. He’s told someone else we’re just friends, and he likes me, but he doesn’t think we’d get along if we dated, so I don’t know what to think of his actions.

After work, whichever of us gets off work first usually hangs around till the other gets off and we smoke a cigarette together before going out to our cars. He never leaves first, and he always follows me to my turnoff and blows his horn and waves…

Is he just being my friend still, or is there maybe more to it? I can’t tell…I have no problem flirting, but I always get scared when a guy flirts back, (or I think he might be flirting back) because I don’t know if he’s just doing it for fun or if he’s flirting because he likes me…

aaaaaaargh! help!

He likes you.

Because you’re obviously looking for feedback…ditto what Kvallulf said.

So, who’s going to break the ice?

but how do you KNOW???

because i’m a terrible chicken, and i can’t risk saying or doing the wrong thing if i’m not SURE he does!

Sounds kinda like he likes you to me as well.

Mind you, I have the total hots for a guy I work with and have no idea whatsoever if hes even REMOTELY into me.

I suggest that you sit in this fella’s lap, and blow kisses in his ear. If it works for you, perhaps I will try it too. One of my friends has vowed to eat his shoes if it ever happens so let me know!

[sub]I LOOOVE a good shoe eating[/sub]

Al. Who is totally clueless on matters such as this, and should probably be ignored.

“After work, whichever of us gets off work first usually hangs around till the other gets off and we smoke a cigarette together before going out to our cars. He never leaves first, and he always follows me to my turnoff and blows his horn and waves…”

Why would he waste his time if he didn’t like you?

I have two questions:

1.Why does the goddess of love need advice about love?
2. How do you tell the difference between flirting and stalking?

Kvallulf:

I never really think about it that way…like I won’t let myself believe that he likes me, cause if he doesn’t then I can’t really be let down.

Yondan:

1. It’s JUST a name.

2. Is that a joke?

I can almost say for sure as a guy that he likes you. He probably doesn’t want to say anything becuase he is affraid that he will lose his close bond with you if you don’t return his affections.

My remedy would be to take him to a bar, get a little toasty then make your move. If he doesn’t reciprocate blame it on the alcohol and tell him your sorry.

But I get the feeling you wont be making any apologies.:wink:

He likes you. Period. He wouldn’t be spending the time if he didn’t. However, he’s probably thinking the exact same thing about you - “Does she like me? What do I say? I don’t want to scare her off!” and just doesn’t know how to pursue it.

Hey, ask him out to dinner! (Or other various first date activities discussed elsewhere in the SDMB) Nothing wrong with that, I think he might even be a little flattered, AND I’ll bet he’ll actually be relieved!

Oh, and regarding your last statement, if a guy’s flirting with you, it’s because he likes you. Guys (in general) don’t just flirt for FUN (although it is fun), we flirt to see your response, and hope that things progress further.

Go for it, Aphrodite, and good luck!

Look, what’s the worst that could happen? He turn out to be some psycho who uses you, and then crushes you emotionally, thereby ruining your self-esteem and your chances of forming an emotional bond with anyone else? :wink:

Seriously, give it a shot. I figured out one day the number of women I could have dated, but didn’t because I was a craven little coward. I was nearly sick when I saw the total. Take the chance, you may regret doing it later, but the regret you’ll feel if you don’t do it will be far, far greater.