Again with the annoying commercials!

Subway has been running ads where two people are talking about what they want for lunch, or are about to eat their burritos, or whatever, and some woman kicks a soccer ball at them and tells them they should go to Subway instead. Supposedly it’s because Subway sandwiches are healthier than whatever they want to have, but all I can think is that she should mind her own business.

It’s also a bullshit argument for Subway, given that the “healthy” sandwiches are the ones like the Veggie Delite, which is healthy, yes, but really boring and not what most people are actually going to eat if they end up at Subway. It’s as if McDonald’s claims their food is healthy, as long as you stick to the packaged salads.

And maybe it’s just me, but “piled high with crisp veggies” isn’t really the selling point they seem to think it is.

Ireland says Subway bread has too much sugar to be called bread.

Rapinoe and Trump feud

“Are you excited to go to the White House?” a reporter for the soccer magazine Eight by Eight asked US women’s national soccer team co-captain Megan Rapinoe in June. It was a reference to what might happen if she helped lead her team to a World Cup victory.

“I’m not going to the fucking White House,” Rapinoe replied.

And Rapinoe is a lesbian

So yeah, trying to make it sound healthy…maybe it’s healthier than something greasy but it’s deceptive as well. Is Subway courting customers who don’t like Trump and/or unafraid of those who didn’t like her rebuke? Or is it the LGBTQ crowd they’re trying for? It doesn’t look like it would be a successful ad to me. I’d be pissed if I spent $5 for lunch and had it kicked out of my hand.

I dunno, you may be reading too much into it. She’s a huge star with lots of fans. There may not be much more to the choice than that.

All I can think of in this and other slap-your-food Subway commercials is how they need to get their asses kicked. Now Subway makes violent.

I’m going to pretend that I didn’t see a commercial for a “liquid” bandage featuring a talking wound.

Neither did I.

I’m getting tired of inanimate objects talking:

• The gummy that makes you poop.
  • The toenails with fungus.
  • Ensure bottle in fridge with other items talking.

There are plenty more, but I’m blanking…

Wow. You must have really hated Seth Rogen’s 2016 film that featured anthropomorphic food items.

John Goodman’s face on a finger.

To be fair, that is a really bad movie.

I don’t follow sports (although I do watch some Olympic events) so I had no idea who she was. Nor did I care. My primary objection, as you pointed out, is that it’s nobody’s business what I choose to eat, or how “healthy” it may or not be.

That one is just too creepy for words…

I saw it. I’m trying to unsee it. For me it goes back to this:

Paddle faster…I hear banjo music!

There’s an Amex commercial getting a lot play right now, featuring Cynthia Suarez, fictional CEO of GoGoFoods Inc., a food delivery service.

After an influencer promotes her company in a YouTube video, sales triple overnight. But, thanks to Cynthia’s Amex Biz account, she’s on it! She hires 20 new employees, purchases 20 new laptops, and obtains 20 new Amex employee cards.

Except…it’s very likely just a temporary sales bump, and within a week or two sales will return to previous levels. She’ll have to lay off all the new employees, cancel all the Amex cards whose already charged expenses she probably can’t afford to pay off, and sell the laptops for pennies on the dollar just to try to stay afloat for a couple more weeks. Thanks for making it so easy to get overextended and deeply in debt, Amex!

I’ve seen a few commercials for some stroke prevention medication, where the story-telling lead says “I have AFIB not caused by a heart valve problem.” NOBODY talks like this.

Imagine the same kinds of lines with drugs treating things aside from psoriasis or atrial fibrillation.

“I have moderate to severe depression, not caused by childhood trauma.”

“I have occasional to frequent migraine headaches, not caused by stress.”

The drug names seem like they’re created by the same folks who make up brand names for Chinese merchants on Amazon. Look at them in uppercase, and you’d think they were no-name brands of multimeters or USB adapters. EMGALITY, UBRELVY, AIMOVIG, CEFALY …

Not being familiar with how the other team plays, I wonder if it’s true that beautiful lesbians will invariably find one another in airports, vineyards, foreign cities, and other exotic locales. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :thinking:

What commercial is this??

Expedia.