Again with the annoying commercials!

Well, Hershey’s kisses don’t even have clappers! So there!

:slight_smile:

Cartoons are in a slightly different reality and even they knew a different note when they heard it!

You can’t catch that from kissing! You get that from toilet seats!

There’s the Kaiser Permanente commercial with the guy with the leg injury who whines “But what about my rec team??”

Except I could have sworn he said —

Damn near killed him! :laughing:

This commercial with James Corden and the stupid song he sings about a coffeemaker gets on my last nerve…

I’ve never heard it that way. I’m sure I will now.

The guy’s completely unsympathetic wife is the part of that commercial I can’t stand.

Now there’s one featuring a mother & daughter; when the latter was feeling down, the former gave her a ring. They started passing the ring back & forth when the other was feeling down – and call that their “sisterhood.”

You ain’t sisters!

Still, I’d take these over those musical mooks any day.

Hey, Gainiac- I guaren-goddamn-tee you I will not be checking out your drawers!

What an abhorrent idea. I’m disgusted!

Has anybody else seen the two minute long Chick-Fil-A commercial about the young girl who breaks her dead grandma’s special egg-shaped ornament and goes (through the kitchen timer?) to a magical land populated by Dirk Gently wannabes where all mistakes become opportunities?

If so, can you explain how it ends? Do they make a cookie shaped like the ornament? Do they cook the “egg”? I can’t parse much that happens after the pi joke.

There’s a new commercial for DoorDash’s DashPass service which uses the song “Bare Necessities” from the Jungle Book. While I get that the last line (they will come to you).is appropriate, I find it annoying because nothing that the commercial shows the characters buying would be described in anyone’s wildest fever dreams as a “bare necessity.”

I’m not sure I’d want to live in a world that doesn’t have doughnuts with sprinkles.

Given that something resembling a fried egg gets put on the tree…

Yeah, I wont be able to unhear it now, either. Thanks @bobsmom101 !

The unsympathetic wife I think is supposed to be part of the humor - the silent and sarcastic stare ‘you aren’t serious, are you?’.

That commercial annoys me because as a native Michigander, I can’t stand it when people who grew up in warm climates act all filled with joy and wonder the first time they encounter the merest dusting of snow.

Hey, you native-born Californians want to experience a true winter wonderland? Spend a couple weeks in Michigan in January. Enjoy walking through a foot of snow, with it getting into your boots and melting, or snow falling off a tree branch and going down the back of your (probably too light for the weather because you didn’t prepare properly) jacket. Thrill to highway driving in snowy, icy conditions, hands white-knuckled gripping the steering wheel, driving past multiple accidents and ditched vehicles. Wonder at shoveling a foot of heavy wet snow off the sidewalk and driveway. Hope your cardiovascular health is good!

For me, even the first snow of the season, no matter how pretty it looks with the snow clinging to pine branches, all I see is a mess to scrape off windshields and shovel, and all I think is “so it begins”.

Hee. I have a relative who lives near Tahoe, NV. They’re actually in the nearby valley so they only get light, intermittent snow. They send me a picture every time, presumably because I never see it (or any other weather but soul sucking heat and blinding sunshine)here in Floridumb. I guess they forget that I was born and raised in SoCAl; when I wanted to see a winter wonderland, I could drive a couple of hours and be in the mountains. I don’t think snow is as fascinating to Californians as you or the makers of this annoying commercial think it is.

Real natives of SoCal may not be as unfamiliar with and fascinated by snow as the commercial suggests, but you could experience the fun of it, then drive away when you get sick of it. It’s the snowy equivalent of haivng grandkids :laughing:

One of the few benefits of losing your hearing (I have raging tinnitus) is that the dialogue on TV gets a lot funnier.

Counterpoint (all in fun!):

As a native Wisconsinite now three decades in Arizona, I hate all those Michiganders and FIBs and Idiots Out Wandering Around (IOWA) and yes, cheesehead snowbirds that come down here every winter, clogging the supermarkets, driving like they’ve never seen a road or a stoplight before, demanding we alll give in to their every whim (“that’s not how we do it in Iowa!” “I want the early bird special!”) They proclaim loudly how we should be grateful that they deigned to grace us with their presence, and spending largess (like the 2 million people here never buy anything the rest of the year),

You like the weather here in January? Try coming back in July and mowing your lawn in 120 heat. Try starting your car when the key slot is 160 degrees from sitting in the sun all day.

Give me snow! At least you can always put on more clothes to keep warm. There’s only so much you can take off before the sunburn or the police get you. :slight_smile:

Counter-counterpoint (also all in fun!):

Fine, I promise to stay out of AZ. Y’all can have your inhumanly hot weather (“but but but it’s a dry heat, so it’s not so bad”, my ass!) and your lack of water. I do love a lot of things about Michigan, and one of those things is the virtually unlimited supply of fresh water. Loooong showers, ahhh. Running the sprinkler for hours if the lawn is looking a little crispy in Summer-- running through the sprinkler if we’re having one of our rare 90+ degree Summer days. What do you Arizoners call a Summer day in the 90s- a cold front? Windbreaker weather?

BTW, what are ‘FIBs’??