Again with the annoying commercials!

I had the misfortune of seeing the most recent Lume ad this evening…there’s something particularly disturbing about seeing a woman on TV insisting that lady bits are “stinky crevices.”

Not so much annoying as WTF does it do exactly. It’s a FitBit type dealie that tells a woman when she’s gonna get her period a month in advance. Like, what? It also tells you a week in advance, which can be useful if you don’t keep track but. . . a month in advance? Does it beep the day after your period?

Why is Jimmie Walker back on my TV, pushing that Medicare Helpline so soon?

And now there’s George Foreman.

One of the best aspects of meeting the guys at the local tavern for football games is that they’re so cynical, they make biting critiques of each player… but also each commercial.

We keep getting the commercials where Baker Mayfield lives at his team’s stadium. I think they’re fun (he dumped tortilla chips from the concession stand into kids’ trick-or-treat bags… then the nacho cheese sauce).

But these guys! They’re slamming it because of how little it cost:
“Okay, gentlemen, we meet Baker at the stadium, bring a bathrobe and slippers, use available light, and shoot a dozen ads all at once. Easy peasy.”

And they hate that it’s Good Enough.:
“Okay, this was our first idea, but I saw 1% of our focus group crack a smile, and that’s Good Enough™. No need to work 'til we have a brilliant ad, we can knock off now.”

The latest Liberty Mutual ad with the little girl and the cowboy riding the kiddie ride “mechanical bull.” Stupid. However, I just noticed that the bull’s name is Mild Mitch. That made me smile.

LM has done wonders for my reflexes.

I now am hitting the mute button on average 0.742 seconds into their ads.

There’s one where they repeat the liberty liberty twice in a row at the end. It’s like they’re actively trying to piss people off.

And even faster for the one with the spider although I actually change the channel for that one.

Doug: “Did it work?”

Me: “No, you’re still a dumbass weirdo!”

“Worst Seinfeld ever!”

I suspect you mean Friends.

Remember his great ads for “In-En-Ep”?

An annoying commercial (I don’t know the product) features a square headed preteen ballerina presuming to give medical advice.

There’s a peleton-like rowing machine on the market now. The commercial features some mumbo-jumbo about how it awakens all your senses or enhances your reflexes or whatever.

The woman in the commercial enjoys these benefits with the help of some weirdly jerky and somehow disconcerting special effects. At one point she actually runs through traffic, as if this rowing machine turns you into the Flash. Sheesh.

The commercial is not more or less annoying than any other commercial of its type but it says it will warn you a week ahead when your period is coming (helpful) and also will tell you when you are going to get your period in a month. Huh? Because it is easy to lose track of your period after some time has passed but do you really need to be reminded at the end of your period that you’re gonna get another?

“Texas toast.” “Tuxes toast.” “Tuxis toast!” “Tuxes Toast.” “Texis toast.” “Tuxus toast!”

:rage:Piss off already, Sonic.

More like The Smash.

Taco Bell takes us back to the days of dumbass Dodge Fever ads, where lust for crappy cars would make people stop productive activities in a daze.

In the current series of dopey ads, a romantic moment is sabotaged and then a concert disrupted with musicians walking off the stage so they can have greasy Taco Bell chalupas.

Can’t see it.

There is a series of botulism injection commercials that I THINK are trying to show that normal, not self-obsessed people come to their offices to get work done. But there is one that starts with a guy literally sobbing because he misses his late husband’s eyes and then immediately after jumps into how he’s getting work done for more dick.

Said what now?