American Idol 3/21 - the 1950s

I’d like for my stars to stay relatively good looking. That picture of Eddie Van Halen at an Oscar party hurt me physically. But looking at Barry— I think I’d rather have real age than that plastic look.

Oh, Mandisa looks gorgeous. That dress makes her butt look nice. Why is her tongue orange?

Is Mandisa getting fatter?

The singing is meh. She has a very limited range. I don’t care what Barry Manilow says. She just has about one mid-range octave that she can belt and that’s all she ever does.

I like her curls… I like her sound… Nice voice…

She did good…

Heh, I thought her tongue was a funny color too; that wasn’t a good time for a close-up. Mandisa did very well; that was her kind of song.

Why is Barry Manilow coaching?

I like that song, but it is not the best Bucky song…

And the hair is still ugly… But they did trimmed the moustache, right?

My husband stared at Barry Manilow for a minute, then asked, “Do you remember Topo Gigio?” :mad:

:smiley:

They tried to tone down Bucky’s hair to no avail. He just has babe hair. The babe hair and the growl are working for me.
My boy does NOT like the growl.

Bucky sounded ok but the song choice was a little boring. I think he’ll be fine for another week.

Boring is exactly what I was thinking.

I think Paris is making herself a front runner again. Best of the night so far.

Paris started slow and ended big. I’m beginning to think she has range problems. Kinda like what Dio said about Mandisa. Only I’m right about Paris and Dio is wrong about Mandisa.

So I have spoken. So it is. Forever and ever. Amen.

I love my Paris! She’s doing much better this past couple of weeks than the weeks before that…

That’s the Paris we’ve been waiting for.

Randy’s “check it out” is already annoying.

I am glad Bucky was able to thwart another attack of the Curling Iron People.

Paris sounded great, and I love, love, love her outfit tonight. If I vote for her, it will be as much for her outfit as it is for her singing. It is good to know that there are teenagers out there who are not afraid to dress age-appropriately. (Yes, I know I’m an old fart.)

Is this really Chris’ arrangement or is he cheating again?

Com’on Chris-- you can do better. And that goat baying is beginning to annoy me.

Wow… if Chris pulls this one, it’ll be nice…

Barry Manilow scares me… he does…

Chris’s beginning is great… dressed all in black…

You know, I had never heard the original song… I know it doesn’t sound like the original, but I still like it…

Yet, it seems as if the music is trying to drown him…

Perfect, I love it…

Ed Kowalcyk of Live. That’s who Chris reminds me of. I finally figured it out. BUT … I don’t like Chris’s pants. Absolutely not fond of the bright white stitching.

Chris was really good. A few crappy notes, but wow!