Amusing conversational lines with no context

“Of course not, that would just be too obvious. Obviously.”
…

“No, I’m not being condescending, I’m just pretending to be for your benefit.”

“—but if I told you, I’d have to kill you.”

“Actually, I’m pretty sure that’s just a story we tell children.”

“Well, it’s legal in twelve states.”

‘‘That’s not what my lawyer says!’’

you have to pay whether they sit on your lap or not.

“I’d punch a smurf if it came too close”

Spoken to my wife this very morning but in the spirit of the thread it will remain forever unexplained.

This one happened to a friend of mine. A bunch of us were in a room, talking. A friend came into the room and heard someone say, “So it’s a friendship based on glue?” :stuck_out_tongue:

(It did make sense in context.)

Tribbles my ass!

“Well, I knew what I meant when I said it.”

One time my sister was walking through our neighbourhood, and heard one of our neighbours say to someone: “You broke both ends! Thanks a lot!”

If it weren’t for my horse…

Have you heard the one about the nun and the blind salesman?

Okay, but let me put on some pants first.

“Is that a leg?”

Oh no, Jesus got into the cupcakes again!

We are so intercoursed!

We’d have been all right if you hadn’t farted…

Don’t look, it’s magic.