An accented MMP

The curricula for fire fighters and rescue techs both contain basic and advanced ropes, so you learn a lot of knots. RTs can run circles around run-of-the-mill firemen when it comes to knot tying.

One of the last fire classes I had before moving was Basic Ropes. Fast forward about 8 months to when VWife and I are setting up for our yahd sale, and she wanted a pole hung up on the porch to hang clothes. I used some of the knots I learned in class, and had the job done a lot sooner than she thought would take (I’m a guy, so by definition, I’m not that smart).

“So you really did learn something useful in all those fire schools…”

Blurf.

My commute today took 50 minutes to get to work this morning, which is the same amount of time it took from Lair Mk. I to the CG base. The difference is today, I walked. :wink:

Good morning!

The AC is still not working! It was on when I walked in, but quit about 15 minutes ago. This may prove to be a miserable day indeed.

And I feel good today! Ok, not 100% - my back is still bugging me, but I slept pretty good and I’m not coughing. That’s a plus.

My commute is about 25 miles. It would take me all day to walk to work. :stuck_out_tongue:

We supposedly got some rain yesterday. About 1/4 inch, and a bunch of quarter-sized hail. Not in my neighborhood! Somehow we need to divvy up the rain and dryness in this country. Howzabout we lay a big pipeline from the flooding rivers out towards Texas? Lessee, if we harness the power from all those tornados…

::wanders off, scribbling in her design notebook::

Just wanted to let folks know I’m okay. Didn’t have cataract surgery–had pulse ox levels too low and CO2 levels too high. was in the hospital for nearly a week, on oxygen now and a bi-pap sleep apnea machine at night.

haven’t gone back to work yet, may retire. I’m still here only lurking probably not posting. thanks for your prayers and thoughts.

{{{Herbs}}} - feel better soon!

I plum fergot – Happy (Virtual) Firday to the Amurrkin Mumpers.

Huh? It’s Thursday (we get Monday off though).

It’s chillier than yesterday, but so far not as windy.

I started another illustration / model sheet last night. I meant to do more sewing - or put my sewing stuff away - but didn’t feel up to it. Don’t give me that look; I fixed the clasps on a vest on Monday and the band on a hat on Tuesday. I’ve only got two or three more little things like that. The hat was probably the hardest thing I needed to do.

Mom and I are going up to the grandparents’ for Memorial Day weekend. No uncle and family so I don’t have to share a bed with the snore-monster (that’d be my mom). I’m going to try to get a bunch of stuff done on the computer. I don’t have a lot more portfolio stuff planned (although I might have forgotten about some that’s filed away) and there’s no internet so I can’t work on the site, but my to-do list is so long that I won’t have a problem keeping busy.

Ah, Grasshopper… So young, that you know not of the habits of the white collar set to take a 4 day holiday weekend. You should revel in your youthful innocence.
:wink: :smiley:

{{{Herbs}}} been wonderin’ about ya! Hope everything settles down soon. Prayers and good thoughts headed your way.

ShinyCat as long as you stay busy. Can’t have idle hands cause that’s the devil’s workshop. However it’s ok to have the devil’s food cake. :smiley:

Chikin sallit and crackers for lunch. 'Twas good. Needed sump’n light cause I et a pee-can waffle, bacon and some scrambled aigs for brekkie. 'Twas also good.

In other news it’s not nearly as hawt. It’s a very mild 86 degrees out as I post. Why it’s almost Winterlike! :smiley:

Prayers and hugs, herbs. Lots of them.

Prayers and good vibes would be appreciated for TomKitten’s godfather, too- do you remember? The one who had the collapse in November? He’s had his aortic surgery and came through without brain damage or paralysis but is in ICU and is running a fever and still in critical condition. We’re praying a lot for him and his wife.
So. Tired. Went to Costco without kids, which was lovely, but I’m very sleepy because TomKitten was up a lot in the night. Also Mr. Lissar thinks he needs to go to the dojo twice a week, which would mean he’d be away four out of five weeknights until about 9:30. I’m a little stressed about that. We’re not seeing each other a whole lot right now as it is.

My weekend hath begun!! I was going to go in tomorrow to earn some credit time, but after the exercise, I’m mentally beat, plus I have no work to do at the moment anyway, so I’d be sitting around twiddling my thumbs for nothing. Since I had to work Sunday, Friday would be my day off anyway, so I made the executive decision to have a 4 day weekend.

Tomorrow, I’ll do laundry and futz in the yard for a while. Maybe mow the front yard. Or grocery shop. Who knows? Sat, we’ll be working on the boat - in theory, I’ll get the sail cover done. Sun and Mon are up for grabs. Hope I can catch up on some sleep…

Hot, sunny, pretty day but I don’t want to be out there. When I took the dogs out, something big and noisy was buzzing around my head - I don’t need that kind of aggravation! So I’ll chill inside for now.

{{{tarra}}} - quit scarin’ us!

The entomologist called. We have pavement ants, not fire ants. Pavement ants are just as aggressive as fire ants when the nest is disturbed, and obviously VWife is sensitive to their bites. Therefore, they will die anyway.

Efforts to kill them with run-of-the-mill ant poison hasn’t worked. Plans are to go to Fredricksburg Saturday to fart around, and I know I can get gooooood fire ant poison in Virginia, and it will work on pavement ants just as well as fahr ants.

**BBBobbio **- two words: kerosene, match.
:smiley:

Now that’s what you call fire ants.

:smiley:

They are ants in your living space. Therefore they must die.

I’m so glad no one lives below me because there are ANTS IN MY KITCHEN and I keep stomping them. Then again, they might think I’ve taken up clog dancing.

We have a tstorm watch in effect until 11 p.m. I’m still not holdin’ my breath though. I believed the last time and they lied!

In other news, burgers and chips for dindin. I have lettuce, tomato and onion to go on the burgers so we have veggies which makes it all healthy.

Geezer test!! Who saw thiswhen it first broadcast?? I did!!

I didn’t see it, but then my mother didn’t approve of the Smothers Brothers. Besides, I would have been roughly 5…

By the time I got to 10, I was a huge fan of Pat Paulsen whether Mom approved or not…

Me too! WHEE!!! :smiley:

In other news, THE SKY IS FALLIN!!!111 Or maybe it’s rain. :confused:

Cookie fortune time:

An empty stomach is not a good political advisor.

:dubious:

Mooooooooom, You know me IRL. Do I look like I’ve ever had an empty stomach?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the update, tarra. I was wondering how you were doing since I hadn’t seen anything from you in the last couple days either here or on FB. Hope you’re doing much better soon.

Cool on both the rope thing and the walking thing. Cool that you can walk to work.

[snerk] in bed![/snerk]

Prayers going out for TomKitten’s godfather,** LiLi**. Hope he’s better soon.

Kerosene -> Fire Ants. :smiley:

Long, traumatic day at work (the trauma held off until the end of the day, but it was stuff I wasn’t expecting and means a bunch more work, so :frowning: :mad: :rolleyes: and stuff), so I came home, had a bit of dinner, went to get ice cream, and then went for a LONG walk.

Now I’m going to knit and watch something mindless, I think.

Hugs all.

GT