Anal sex advice needed

Thanks for the witty comments and the advice and the links - very interesting.
I may eventually do it but not yet. The boyfriend doesn’t pressure me - other than the regular “how 'bout now?”
And we have done the old (excuse me) “saliva soaked finger” - it was quite nice. But perhaps I’m sharing too much…

dont worry Mel, I doubt anything you could share could top some of the stuff thats been on this board…

Yeah, but you can try. So about that finger… :wink:

Am I the only one who’s noticed that this thread has 852 views and only 23 posts (including this one)? Are we voyeurs around here or what?

Seriously Mel, I’d second and third any comments about not letting yourself be pressured. I’d also like to point out that saliva isn’t the greatest lube in the world when it comes to anal penetration.

If you have some time to spare one day, and the hamsters are being compliant, you might want to do a search for previous threads on the same topic - some of them have run to several pages and contain heaps of good posts about people’s experiences (good, bad, and ugly).

I would agree with most of what’s gone before. Sex is a wonderful thing but don’t do anything you’re not happy with. This is not ( of course) to say that you should never try anything new. But make sure you’re happy with the idea first. And to second TwistofFate, I think we’re all but unshockable on the whole. If it’s an honest question it will get honest answers.

I’ll echo the sentiments of “make sure you want to do it” and add that I’ve never had a hem (can’t seem to spell the word for the life of me), but from my experience the key is delicacy and relaxation. Lubrication will certainly help – I’ve done it without, and it wasn’t too bad as long as I was relaxed. Make sure your boyfriend goes verrrry slowly and is prepared to stop if it hurts too much.

Also … well, I’m not sure how delicately I can put this. If there’s anything “awaiting departure” so to speak, it can kind of get in the way. Sometimes the sensation is kind of like hitting the cervix. So, umm, visit the ladies’ room beforehand and wipe very thoroughly.

You should be sure to use some kind of birth control – even though your ass can’t get pregnant, there is a chance that some semen may dribble or migrate to its more common destination, resulting in what’s called a splash conception. Plus, of course, be careful about STD’s. But you already knew that.

I had a girlfriend who loved it. I mean really, really loved it. But we would always start with vaginal and sort of work up to it. Once we did, though, she would go absolutely crazy, and she wanted it rough. I could never quite believe that it didn’t hurt, but maybe it didn’t, or maybe it did and she liked it (she was a weird one in many ways).

Anyway, for at least some women (OK, at least one woman) it’s extremely pleasurable. And that’s all I know about it.

Pretty much the same advice. Don’t do it for him, do it for you. If you don’t want to, it’ll probably suck. Have a drink or two and start small and work your way up to bigger things. Tell him not to move. You should be the only one moving, at the pace that feels comfy to you. If he starts moving before you tell him to, he’s an asshole. Lots and lots of lube. By the way, Cornhuskers lotion is pretty much the same thing as high priced stuff like Astroglide and the rest, and a hell of a lot cheaper so you can happily use lots. And I’d get a few Tucks or something. Not sure what the 'roid thing will do and what you mean by “small”. Start with a pinky finger slow, after lots of foreplay and take things from there… if you like it. If you don’t, don’t. The chocolate tunnel is not an area that is up for commitee. The owner charges the toll.

And remember - use only water-based lube. Oil or petroleum-based ones, such as cooking oil, vaseline, and whatnot, will degrade latex condoms. Which you ARE using.

Alright DAMNIT… when are you gonna describe your first time dirty BUTT SEX???

I believe Asstroglide (assk for it by name!) is among the better water based lubricants for that purpose. Lifting weights has given me hemorrhoids of the cold sweat/pass out varity, and although I’m a straight male, the occasional unasked for “finger surprise” has led to at best a serious loss of mood, and at worst a cold sweat followed by some passing out.

TMI, but hey, s(he) asked

Good God Man! Don’t mention hamsters in an ass thread!!!

MelCthefirst - just to second what most other posters have said, only do it if you want to do it.

Further to this, there is nothing wrong or frigid or cowardly about not wanting to try it. Sex is a very personal thing. It doesn’t make you in any way deficient as a person not to try a certain form of sex, any more than it makes you deficient not to try bungee jumping etc. You could still be “great in bed” and never do anything other than the missionary position.

Guess I’ll be the first to admit to having hemorrhoids. Developed one after having kids but they don’t get in the way of anal sex. (for me anyway) My advice is just like everyone else’s. Make sure you want to do it and work up to it. Fingers or toys up there during cunnilingus will help. It may be easier for you to be on top so you can guide him in as slowly as you need to. If that’s uncomfortable you can just go with missionary style but make sure he inserts slowly and gently or it could cause the hemmorrhoid to bleed. Use lots of lube and definitely a condom. Also, after beginning anal sex don’t go back to having vaginal sex during the same session without changing condoms. That’s a good way to get a nasty infection.