Ann Coulter: Whore of Babylon?

Got this by way of the ever faithful, true blue Tom Tomorrow, home of the most politically acute penguin since Opus. Link added merely to encourage:
http://www.thismodernworld.com/

Referring to a transcript which can be found here:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,100013,00.html

An imperfect synopsis offered for the lazy:

A guy named John Mcarthur, publisher of Harpers, is on Hannity and Colmes (Fox). Included in the mix is Ann Coulter. The subject is McArthurs contention that impeachment proceedings against Bush are both feasible and needful.

As the transcript demonstrates, the proceedings are far from decorous.

Excerpt:

"HANNITY: It’s not even really intellectually worth discussing… this is beyond silly, you know, but you really believe this? (Ellipsis for brevity)

JOHN MACARTHUR: Why do you invite me to go on the show if you think it’s beyond discussion?

HANNITY: Because Alan wanted you on. That’s why.

MACARTHUR: OK. But clearly…

HANNITY: It wasn’t my first choice.

Downhill from here. Coulter and Hannity jerking this guy around while Colmes occassionally clears his throat.

At one point Ann of Green Geobbels drops this deathless line:

"COULTER: No. Liberals don’t want to fight terrorism. You want there to be lots of 9/11’s. "

Now this could be funny, in the cooly ironic way that borders on cynism. But it ain’t. The political atmosphere is starting to smell like 1968, and once was by God enough.

Anne Coulter: Republican Skank.

I don’t know, dude. Skanks already got it pretty tough.

I think that transcript got it right on its own:

Ann Coulter, author of treason.

I’m sure that cannibals would find dear Anne pretty tough.

Let’s see, on the one side we have one extremist moron, and on the other side we have another extremist moron.

Looks to me like it typifies the current political climate.

Sorry, that should be:

Ann Coulter, treason author.

(And to be clear, I think Ann is actually as guilty of treason as any of the people mentioned in her book of the same name.)

I’ve been thinking a lot about the political climate.

On this particular board we generally see half of it.

I’m pretty pissed because when I first came to this board back in 1999 or 2000 I felt refreshed that there were people of all different beliefs and who were sincerely interested in the truth, rational discussion.

If somebody said something irrational, or had some indefensible bullshit point, pretty much everybody ganged up against that person because what they were saying was stupid and unconstructive.

Which doesn’t mean that discussions didn’t get heated. They did.

Nowadays, it looks like there is precious little truth seeking and everything is about attacking the other side while ignoring the flaws of your own.

When did we become just another online community of partisan bullshit?

(Which is not to impugn your thread elucidator. I find myself in agreement with your main point. Coulter typififies this extreme bullshit on the right, but with just having read your summary, it looks to me like the martyred lefty wasn’t exactly a paragon of impartial rationality either)

I just read the first few pages of her last book at Amazon, and . . . and . . . and . . . it’s just simply lying, word after word after word. How can anyone read her, who can read?

Why make it so complex?

Simplify!

Ann Coulter: Whore.

Liberals want “lots of 9-11s.” Someone fly a Boeing up her ass quick! Oops, we’ll have to mark a spot first, she’s all ass.

Scylla

Your response implies a balance, five pounds of right shit, five pounds of left shit. No way.

Perhaps you find the notion of impeaching Bush noisome, having a Prez that at least approximates your political suasions. I feel your pain. I can relate.

But by no stretch of the imagination does that compare with something like “you guys want more 9/11s”.

Though I entirely agree that the political discourse is getting uglier. (And I thought it was just us).

And I don’t mind admitting it. It worries me.

Ann of Green Goebbels? Love it!

:stuck_out_tongue:

PS after intervening post:

Yeah, but I don’t believe you, or for that matter me, would ever say such a thing. Ever. Sure, you’ve been pissed, I’ve been pissed. You’ve been drunk, I’ve been drunk. I’ve been stoned and you…you’ve been pissed.

Elucidator:

I agree with your point about this particular circumstance. Coulter’s comment is disgusting.

Let’s belly up and look at the forest: Their are vast uncountable, unweighable mountains and oceans of bullshit all over the place.

I am not interested in weighing them.

Last to Scylla

Honestly, Coulter and Hannity, and Colmes for that matter, are all engaged in extreme partisan babble for the sake of ratings, you piss someone off, they’re just as likely to stay tuned as someone who agrees with you.

Reference the bullshit? Not being the first to point this out, but…America’s chief output is the design, manufacturing, packaging and distribution of bullshit.

We’re lied to from the time we can talk and understand speech, until the time we die. Our parents, our teachers, our employers, the police, the government, doctors, our spouses, and to come full circle, our kids. It’s little wonder we’ve become obsessed with bullshit, it is, quite simply, what we do.

Well, look at the bright side.

If we simply must have crazed extremist pundits who make money by appealing to scared and stupid people – and we ARE going to have them, as long as there ARE scared and stupid people –

… at least Coulter is easier to look at than Rush Limbaugh.

Always lookin’ for the sunny side, me.

:smiley:

I’d agree with that Wang-Ka, no one likes to look at limbaugh really, and if only Coulter could keep her mouth shut…ah well…

9th Circle
Hell

October 18, 2003

Ms. Ann Coulter
c/o Frothers Anonymus Publishing Co.
Getafuckingclueville, NJ

Dear Ann,
I am deeply sorry to inform you that your application for Whore of Babylon has been rejected. While you’ve impressed the entire committee with your qualifications, the applicant pool was extremely competitive this year, and even included some prospective Whores who don’t resemble the love child of Barbie and the Grim Reaper. Best wishes on all your future endeavors.
Regards,

The Beast, CEO

I still want to know where Ms. Coulter keeps her little golden monkey.