Anyone been here longer?

I was hoping I was one of the longest lived with the lowest post counts…beaten again!

I lurked since 99, but I was never on the AOL boards here.

User #207 here.

I go back to the AOL days.

Oh yes…'99ers RULE! Double Oughts DROOL!

:smiley:

Although I only joined in 2001 I’ve been a Doper for over a third of my entire life (32%). :slight_smile:

60% of the time, converting fractions to percentages works EVERY time. :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL, story of my life. :smiley: You must have hit the enter key about 30 seconds before I did!

Ahem. Let’s try “for almost a third” :stuck_out_tongue:

So if I started with a different name (which I did), I’d have an earlier start date than the one indicated, Mar 2001?

Hmmm, I started lurking in summer of 99’, but did not join until 2000. I knew the AOL boards existed, but I thought AOL was for losers with crappy dial up :cool:.

While I joined much later,one of the first things I did when I got my first computer in 2001, or there abouts, was type"The Straight Dope" in the search engine,might have been Lycos or web crawler,I dont remember.

However,I bought the first book,within a week or two after it hit the shelves back in 85 or 86,whenever it was, and still have it.

Three weeks until my 10th anniversary, although I lurked for quite a while first.

I haven’t posted in six years, but I joined in August 2001.

15 days until my 13th anniversary.

Almost 13 years! I lurked on the AOL board but did not post until I became a member of the current board.

Yet another '99er here, so 13 years plus. I wasn’t on AOL, but I was a big fan of The Straight Dope and I found my way to this board while bored at work. My productivity hasn’t been the same since.

I’m always amazed how many of early members are still active here.

Wow, this thread is really dragging all the old farts out of the woodwork. :smiley:

It’s been 12 years, 4 months and 25 days for me.

I’ve been here longer.

December 1999.

I am among the top 20,000 members. The elite of the elite.

Yipee! That must mean I’m in the somewhat elite of the elite of the elite! I never knew that. :slight_smile:

GusNSpot

He’s the member, other than Admins/staff/Cecil, who has been here the longest.