Anyone else getting pissed off that the upgrade has stalled for 3 complete weeks?

Considering that Creative Loafing is hurtling down the gurgler and that Jerry probably doesn’t know if he’ll still have a job at the end of the week, I’m frankly surprised - and a touch grateful - that we’re still here at all.

There’s nothing quite like doing a search… getting some weird memory error… hit the back button to search again… then being told to wait 300 seconds before you can search again.

I honestly didn’t know we were still in the midst of an upgrade. What is supposed to be being done?

Brilliant way of putting it. I’ve been seeing this in action on an MMOG forum recently; no matter what the news from On High is, no matter how good or bad, no matter how delicately phrased, someone’s going to make a stink about it. Best just to shut up until absolutely necessary.

No, but I never really use the search feature much anyway. If I did I’d probably be a bit irked.

No, you’re not.

But, shrug, there’s are many more important grievances in the world.

Who let this riffraff in? Mods! Clean up!

What do you expect, when it’s a free board? That’s one of the benefits of going free… complaints are like, “talk to the hand, we’ll get to it when we can.”

Exactly. It’s all a result of moving away from P2P. It was never like this before. I’m glad at least somebody gets it.

If I had a pile of projects to prioritize, working on a series of hacks for a message board full of people apparently impossible to satisfy would not exactly be at the top of the pile.

I want MY cigarettes!

Here you are just being a dumbfuck and ignorant to boot. One way or another **Ed Zotti **himself made it clear that he and his bosses want the SDMB to start making some real money. Well do you think revenues can actually go up if the board is not growing and getting more views? Do you think that even on a free board it is normal behavior for a long discussed upgrade to completely stall? To add a few new features and take them away as they are mildly more difficult for the mods to handle (Tags, I am talking about tags here. Groups too to a lesser extent.) I think you just posted to be a smartass and instead succeeded in showing what an ignorant moron you can be.

As to impossible to satisfy, fuck yourself, I am usually one of the most vocal supporters of the board and have defended them far more often than not. I have tried to help out when we first cut over and we had a not unexpected solid week of bugs. So before you make your snide little insults maybe fight your own ignorance a bit. Jackass!

But a lot of us have paid for subscriptions, and are willing to continue to pay in order to avoid seeing the ads. We’ve paid for a service which we’re not getting. I post on another board which uses the same vBulletin software version, and they never have the problems this board has, and it’s free.

!!!

I know I made a MPSIMS thread on this, but… How dire is the situation???

I’ve seen nothing to indicate Creative Loafing is in that much trouble. Companies commonly can come back out of Chapter 11 Bankruptcy. I’d be interested if there are any news reports that support Scissorjack’s contention.

I read through all the subsequent posts and not one single update on this cobweb matter! Come on now.

Wow, taking that remark quite a bit personally, eh jackass? Unwad thy panties, sir. I think I posted an honest assessment of one person’s ability to influence policy even if he’s not in charge.

If jdavis read even a fraction of the asshole comments about board function, and then only took a fraction of them to heart, I think he’d still be annoyed to have to make time in his schedule for a gaggle of whiners.

You can choose to include yourself in that characterisation if you want, it’s a free world and nobody’s stopping you. Either way, go fuck yourself you oversensitive cunt.

So what is your answer to the fact that a 3 week complete stoppage in no way grows the board. Why do you think a simple courtesy update from **Jerry **of **Ed **is too much to ask?

You made the glib statement thinking this was only a series of hacks on a Message Board. Your accusation of “apparently impossible to satisfy” was bullshit and asinine unless you really feel we members have no expectation of being informed of what is going on with the board. If so, why did you even bother to post in the thread at all then.

In related news, the Pope shit in the woods and a bear is Catholic.

The only thing that bugs me is not being able to go back further than 4 pages. All that wisdom, lost to the ages. Or at least temporarily misplaced.