Anyone know when Archer season 5 will begin?

I wasn’t in love with it although it certainly had its moments. Guess S5 will tell me if it was just a glitch in that season or show fatigue (either with the writers or with me; either way doesn’t matter much from my end).

I thought there was a lot of good stuff last season - the two-part underwater adventure, Archer and Lana pretending to be newlyweds in a fancy hotel, and driving across the Moroccan desert with a huge farting dog - comedy gold, baby! I just saw the Vatican City episode last night (it was gathering dust on our DVR), though, and was underwhelmed - and Woodhouse sounded different, too.

January 13th, I believe and next season will not be about spies according to this article:
http://www.thewire.com/entertainment/2014/01/archer-no-longer-about-spies-because-writers-got-bored/356787/

I have a very bad feeling about this…

Dukes!

Yeah, a whole season based around them selling a ton of cocaine doesn’t sound promising.

Starts Monday!

Holy s**tsnacks!

Eeeeehhh. I will give the the benefit of the doubt, and I can appreciate feeling that the spy gimmick was played out. (I was not thrilled with last season myself, though I don’t know if I’d pin it on the spy gimmick.) But my hopes are not high. Still, hey–it was fucking brilliant while it was on top of its game, at least!

Yeah, I’m definitely still going to watch. I don’t have cable so I buy each episode the next day. I’ll give it a month or so until I decide, like I did Community last year.

I’m, uh, cautiously pessimistic? That is, the new premise sounds pretty risky to me, but on the other hand, these guys have proven over and over again that they’re far better at writing Archer than I am, so we’ll see.

Well, if they screw up, you can have their guts for garters.