Archer's back tomorrow

“Quiet. I’m just going to pretend you’re Alex Karras.”

“Sterling Mallory Archer!”

“Well-played, sir.”

“What, is Germany like the Alabama of Europe?”

“You’re not my supervisor!”

Lying is, like, 95% of what I do.

I was just reading an article (mainly about Always Sunny, but mentions and applies to Archer) about the FX model of comedy show development.

In a nutshell, it goes like “We’re going to pay you shit (by TV standards) but essentially let you do whatever in the fuck you want on your show. If it works, you’ll make more as your show becomes a success.”

Wait, I had something for this…

I actually was going to start a thread but I couldn’t think of the perfect quote for the thread title.

-Joe

“No Lana! The helium!”

Woohoo! Two personal records! Breath holding and number of sharks shot in the FREAKING FACE!

Sky Captain of Yesteryear!

I’d never have known about the show if it weren’t for Dopers talking about. Now I eagerly await season 3!

The episode definitely fell into the “Eh, not bad” category. Not enough of the supporting cast I think.

However, Brock Sampson (essentially) showing up made me happy.

-Joe

Yeah, it was solid, not great, but it seems to be the first episode in a 3 episode mini series that could be great.

“Watch out for the Hitler, he’s a bad egg!”

Loved last nights episode. Not the best episode but a great start, IMHO.

Better than “Swiss Miss”, though that episode did have “Countess von Fingerbang”.

-Joe

This is probably the dumbest thing I’ll say this month (there’s time yet, though!) but it bothered me a little that Archer would be unaware of modern pirates.

There. I said it.

It’s times like these that I regret giving up cable. Guess I’ll have to catch the show on iTunes.

It was in there for the humor, of course, but Archer really is incredibly ignorant outside of his specialty.

He sees an ocelot and runs off to go pet it. He is ignorant of politics. He…has no idea he has an inbox!

-Joe

So anyone else suspect that Rip Ripley is going to turn out to be Sterling’s father, or at least join the illustrious list of possibles?

God yes. I was extremely surprised it didn’t come up by the end of the episode.

-Joe

Well, that was just it. I’d see “pirate cartels” as part of his international espionage wheelhouse (along with smugglers, gunrunners, guerrilla factions, etc).

I refuse to debate the realism Archer beyond that point though :stuck_out_tongue:

I think it was a great start for the season. It had quite a few laugh out loud moments for me.

“…It happens to me kind of a lot.”

I love the fact that Archer is this dimwitted, immature guy without a clue, but actually kicks ass when the chips are down. He’s a cross between Jason Bourne, James Bond, and Maxwell Smart.

So what’s the veredict? Archer or Sunny? personally i thought Sunny was way funnier last night.