Are redheads sexy: males and females

What do you think of natural red, strawberry blond, copper, or auburn hair on light skin. Does ethnic background matter EX: Irish, American, Russian, Norway,…

I am 6 foot strawberry blond hair with blue eyes 200 lbs with athletic body and a masters in education, yet I have notice that guys with dark skin and hair who are smaller and not as in shape have something about them that gets them noticed more often by the opposite sex.

There are some really stupid threads on this site

And your contribution to urbane discussion is what? This thread?

The answer to the OP is “it depends”. As I’ve said before, red hair doesn’t always work, but when it does, it works very, very well.

I tend to think red hair works well on women but not in men. But show me some sexy ginger men and I might change my mind.

Yes, including my wife. She’s Scottish - which is a significant miss on your ethnic background list.

She started off a strong red auburn with typically light skin, but she’s turning more strawberry blonde as she gets older whilst her skin seems to take more of a tan (to get it in perspective, this just means she does not automatically burn now).

According to Wiki, Scotland has the highest proportion of redheads; 13 per cent of the population has red hair and approximately 40% carry the recessive redhead gene. Ireland has the second highest percentage at 10%.

It also reports that in September 2011, Cryos International, one of the world’s largest sperm banks, announced that it would no longer accept donations from red-haired men due to low demand from women seeking artificial insemination. That suggests to me that women, at least in theory, do not statisically find red headed men sexy - although I see can that is a pretty unscientific conclusion.

My impression, as an Englishman living in Scotland, is that it does not make much difference here given something on the continuity of red hair is so common but that it makes sense that where it is rarer it might be found less attractive. Every young person seems to want to look like everybody else for a reason, surely?

Benedict Cumberbatch has darkish auburn hair & has been winning a surprising number of “sexy” polls.

However, his roles usually demand his hair be died–dark brown, blonde or strawberry blonde…

Michael Fassbender and his fabulous fassdong are ginger and hot as hell.

Exhibit 1) Carrot Top.

I don’t think that helps your case.

Huh? You’re calling CT hot? I was providing evidence for your statement. I think.:confused:

I just find this hilarious.

“You guys talking about My Little Pony are ridiculous - but getting opinions about the hotness of my body / hair type is fascinating!”

I don’t really get the MLP thing, but I will defend to the death the rights of Dopers to starts threads about it!!

Looks like I’ve found a good reason to move to Scotland.

Yeah, red-headed men not so much, unless it’s fairly mild or auburn. Redheaded women look better.

Why is that, I wonder? But I’ve always preferred blonde hair, blue eyes (and have only dated dark hair, dark eyes, go figure).

redhead women and strawberry blonds are my favorite. Red hair on men does not look nearly as good. Not sure why.

However the other way round is not good. I’m an English/Scottish mutt, with some Northern Irish thrown in a bit further back as well. Growing up in England I was subject to all sorts of bullying due to my hair colour and, well, let’s just say I didn’t do too well with the ladies either.

One quick move to Sweden and the complete opposite. People openly say how much the love my hair colour. Personal life is amazing.

Based on my extremely small sample space of one, I think that where you are has a LOT to do with if it is seen as attractive, with the closest to being Anglo being the worst places to be.

When I see questions like this, I am reminded of George Thoroughgood’s immortal words: “I like 'em tall, I like 'em small, I like 'em all!”

I don’t find red hair especially sexy, but there’s not a bloody thing wrong with it, either.

Welcome to the SDMB, Irish ArcAngel. Our threads, stupid and otherwise, are organized by type of discussion – this will do better in IMHO (opinions, polls, etc.) than Cafe Society (the arts), so I shall move it thither for you.

twickster, Cafe Society moderator

Women with red hair are the most beautiful, sexiest women on earth. Men with red hair are freaks.