Ask the girl with glasses

Glasses are probably my #1 piece of “turn-on clothing” for women to wear. I love 'em! I’ll definitely make passes – the right frames can bring a 4 to an 8 or a 7 to a 10, if you ask me.

That’s odd. Taking my glasses off usually makes a 4 into an 8. :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t you mean Velma? Seeing as how that character had glasses and all?

And yes, if’n I were a cartoon, I’d rather get with her. Have you seen how short that skirt is? That girl is hiding an inner slut under that orange sweater.

My prescription is too light for contacts- literally, they don’t make contacts light enough for me. Even though I have better than perfect vision in both eyes, each eye is different, which leaves me with sore eyes if I don’t wear my glasses.

Even then, I don’t wear my glasses all the time. The primary function of my glasses is to cover up my makeupless eyes when I’m feeling lazy. The second function is that some guys really, really dig the glasses :smiley:

As far as the increase in IQ points, I would always wear my glasses during debate rounds. In fact, my win rate increased when I wore them. Anecdotal, sure. But hey, I wore my glasses from there on out.

I took these just the other day to show off my badass nerdy shirt: with glasses and without.

Well, those pictures don’t work as you intended, because I certainly wasn’t looking at the shirt. You shouldn’t be smiling like that if you’re trying to draw my attention away from your face :slight_smile:

That’s not an option for some of us. Every time I get new glasses, I have to get basically the smallest frames possible, because the thickness of the glass increases with with the width, and I have a very strong prescription (-9.5/-7.75). Basically, if I had wider frames, the glass would be so thick it would touch my face.

And that, my friends, is why I wear contacts. Also, there is a VERY noticeable difference between my vision with glasses and with contacts. I would not feel comfortable, say, driving, or watching a movie with my glasses, even though they’re made with the same scrip as my contacts.

checks Sofaspud’s profile Spokane?!? That’s no good at all. No, you’ll just have to move to Boston.

My glasses aren’t huge, but I have good peripheral vision outside the frames. Maybe it’s because I’m farsighted.

…and by “Boston”, what you really meant was “The San Francisco Bay Area”, right? Because, let me just say, DAMN!
(On another note, if the OP wasn’t actually trying to start this thread, what on earth was its point?)

Have you ever been tempted to get LASIK?

Mild TMI question for glasses wearing ladies–on or off for romantic activity?

Worn glasses since the 4th grade. Was started on hard contacts in an attempt to slow down the deterioration of my eyesight. Hated them with a passion. They were painful and required constant fussing. Now that my eyes have slowed down, I’ve been switched to soft lenses, but I can still feel them sitting on my eyes the entire time I wear them. And the eyedrop bottle is gluded to my hand. I’m halfway jealous of the folks who can put in their conacts and forget they are there. On the other hand, the glasses help hide the permanent dark circles I have under my eyes. Hearing “Gee, you look tired” every time I wore contacts got really old.

Velma.

Lasik is scary. I know, I know, thousands have had it done and it’s not scary. I don’t care. It’s scary.

Audiobottle–I was until I found out how it’s done.

Oakminster–Off.

I used to think I might, eventually. My prescription has stayed basically the same ever since I first needed glasses back in 9th grade, and I don’t need strong correction, so I’d be a good candidate. These days, I think I’ll probably stick with glasses. LASIK is expensive and does carry certain risks, even if they’re minor, whereas a single pair of eyeglasses will last me for years.

Definitely off. They get in the way, especially if the other person is also wearing glasses - instead of kissing, we end smacking lenses.

Off. Keeping them on is kind of ew, especially since I hate anything touching my lenses because I find smudges really distracting.

Yes, they do make passes! Probably more than when I’m wearing my contacts.

Off for “romantic activity”. Glasses are espensive to replace.

I have considered Lasik, but probably will not get it done anytime soon. Perfect vision would be great, but I probably won’t bother with it until my glasses get too thick to be attractive, and that will hopefully be awhile. For me, the risks and the cost outweigh the benefits.

Lightweight. My prescription is ~ -18/-25. Yeah, I’m sure those people who drool over girls in glasses would love to see a girl in half-inch-thick frames so distorted they make her eyes look like pinpricks. Not to mention the constant redness of the nose due to having to hold up those heavy lenses, or the fact that there are no cute frames at all for someone with such a heavy prescription. Hence, contacts. I’ve worn them since they could make soft contacts for my prescription (the hard ones are so distorted that they cut into my eyes), and never looked back.

I’m probably going to get glasses soon though, because I have some astigmatism that can’t be corrected by contacts and it’s affecting my reading (especially on computers). But it’s hard to get over the taunting I went through when I used to wear glasses, even from other kids that wore glasses. I’d really like to get the surgery, but I’ve heard that some people can’t wear contacts after surgery and I’ve been told I could only be corrected to something like -8. And that is still too thick for me.

Also, peripheral vision is nice.

Off for general goodtimes, but on for the fun stuff. I’ve noticed that guys LOOOOOVE the glasses. In fact, I’ve had just about every single boyfriend request the glasses on at one time or another. It’s fun stuff.

“Fun stuff” being extra special or particularly kinky events. Role playing, whatever.

Soooo…how YOU doing? :wink: