[QUOTE=Merijeek]
Did you notice the picture from the Valkyrie? Tigh was in it and a few familiar faces as well. So, he was serving with a bunch of them longer than a year and a half.
-Joe
[/QUOTE]
Not only noticed it but as is my nature, I’m obsessing over it.
The only faces I recognize for sure are Adama and Tigh. Possibly Bulldog.
It’s always been clear wherever Adama goes, Tigh goes with him. They watch each other’s backs and I’m pretty sure Tigh wouldn’t have lasted long without Adama constantly covering for him.
After the black ops mission the Admiralty wanted Adama (and Tigh of course) to quietly retire so they gave him the Galactica. It was his first duty assignment and it was about to be decommissioned. But I don’t see why in the normal course of things, Adama would bring his Valkyrie crew along with him to quietly retire.
As Loopydude pointed out, it seems to have been established Adama and Tyrol have worked together on the Galactica for five years - unless it’s only Tyrol who’s been on the Galactica five years and Adama was just noting that. I also want to check the episode Collaborators because Tigh mentions a number of years he’s served side-by-side with Gaeta in the CIC.
I’m trying to put together Adama’s service record. This is what I’ve got so far:
MILITARY SERVICE
XXXXXX First commission
Battlestar Galactica
fighter squadron
XXXXXX Commendation for
shooting down Cylon
fighter in [first?] combat mission.
XXXXXX [Mustered?] out of service [post?] armistice.
XXXXXX Served as Deck Hand on [something, something, something]
XXXXXX Recommissioned [etc]
Can’t make out the rest because my damn DVR puts up a big fat “pause” graphic across the bottom of the screen while pausing, rewinding, etc. Grr. I’m hoping someone with HDTV will be along to help fill in Adama’s service record. I’m especially interested in the dates.
[QUOTE=Lightray]
Bulldog’s escape wasreally implausible. Not just how he got out of his cage, but the fact that he apparently chopped out a Raptor’s brain and learned to fly by kneading its muscles and nerves like Starbuck did – all while surrounded by Cylons on a BaseStar. The fact that he found a radio is the least of the implausibility about his escape.
I’d’ve expected someone – Roslyn, Apollo, or Starbuck – to have realized this even earlier, if it wasn’t for the fact that Adama (and even, Tigh) wanted to believe that it could have happened.
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there are some big ol’ whopping implausibilities, but there are a couple things I can understand. First, the Cylons probably weren’t suffering from a virus but were faking it so Bulldog would escape. After years of captivity, Bulldog probably wasn’t going to stick around and investigate. They left a Raider someplace Bulldog would find, it appeared to be incapacitated from the virus so Bulldog gutted it and took off.
In flashback, Adama established there was only one pilot he’d trust on the black op mission and that was Bulldog so I’ll assume he’s as good or better a pilot than Starbuck. RDM seems to be moving away from Starbuck being the best at everything anyway. If Starbuck could get a Raider flying, so could Bulldog.
I kinda hope Bulldog gets over his little psychological issues and takes over as best pilot in the fleet. I can’t stand Kat.
Next week it appears Starbuck and Apollo may be working out whatever issues developed between them during the year on New Caprica we don’t know about. That should be interesting.