Beck had a bad bad bad strange encounter in the localish pitstop. You can get gas, pizza, bait, (a tater log) a dirty magazine, or an Icee. No bathroom tho, sorry go out back they accommodatingly say when folks ask for the restroom key

Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

The only statistic I’m sure of: give me enough time and I will hurt myself.

The Ramblin’ Wreck from Georgia Tech” is, in fact, a real song, and is the fight song for Georgia Tech.

Yes, Daddy told me that one time, long ago
I had forgotten it.

A lot of drinking in that fight song. I liked the guy who chugged his beer and then had to go pee.

I just realized it’s been long time since I saw a dirty magazine for sale. Last time was over a decade ago in Canada.

Yeah, I took liberties with that info.
I think you can get dirty mags at a truck stop.

What year is it in Canada now???

Some years ago when Powerball was over $500-million I bought a ticket and stashed it in the center console. I had to leave for work at 4am so I went to bed before the drawing then, the next morning turned to the news station on the way to work.

A story mentioned that a single winning ticket had sold “in Arizona.” “Cool,” I think, then during the half hour commute for reasons unknown the stories were narrowing down the location, but they didn’t mention what the numbers were!

Phoenix Metro … East side … Mesa … East Mesa, each one closer to where I lived. Finally, a mile from work I’m waiting to make a left turn at a light and they read off the numbers. I grab the ticket just as the light changes, glance at it before I have to start up and the numbers match!

Numb, I toss the ticket aside and drive about a half block before I can find a parking lot to pull up in. I reach for the ticket and take a longer look at it. The numbers match all right, but instead of a ticket, it’s a winning numbers receipt. Unbeknownst to me, after I’d gone to bed, DesertRoomie had taken the car to do some shopping and buy some gas, getting the receipt at that time. I bring up the real ticket that had been underneath and – needless to say – there was no match.

So, universe, lemme win Powerball; I already know how it feels.

Ya know, I think I heard that years ago. So Adler and Ross stole the idea from GaTech. Got it.

This is the new record for, “Thread Title Size”. LOL

WHERE “out back”?! :flushed:

If your life does “change in a few weeks”, you should go back and thank her.

I did that once, about 20 years ago.

I’m only here to serve.
I kept typing the thread title. When I submitted it I got an admonishment for using too many characters. I kept cutting and editing* til it was accepted. 255 characters is all that’s allowed in the title.

It was all for science. I assure you.:hugs:

*I threw out some perfectly good puns😞

Anywhere out back, apparently. They do provide trees, which is thoughtful for the shyer types.

THERE Outback!

Ah, out back of the Outback. LOL

Or somebody with too much time on their hands. :crazy_face:

You throw out a lot of perfectly good puns! That’s why we love you!

That be true. Alas, the *Dopers are the only peeps who think I’m funny. (I heard that snickering) and yes::crazy_face:

*Well the grandwrex enjoy me.

I know a secret. I know a secret.
:wink: