Bluebell Ice Cream Is Evil And A Big Cow Statue... The MMP

Mmmm…ice cream!

This weekend, I peeled and sliced a fresh yummy mango, laid it on a plate, and then put ice cream and chocolate shell on top. I love that shell* that freezes on contact. And with mint chocolate chip ice cream, my absolute favorite. I don’t even put anything else on it it’s so good that way.

*Once I put the shell in the fridge in spite of the giant warning that says DO NOT REFRIGERATE. Then we had to thaw it. Oh well.

I was saving myself for marr…

Oh - that was the other virgin thing…

No good excuse. Thanks for the welcome!

FCM, I shoulda known you were a Tin Roof gal. One of my favorites.

Little LieuLieu brought home some BB Wedding Cake the other day, only because they don’t make a Disney Princess Ice Cream. I gots to admit and much to my surprise, it was really good.

Yesterday I noticed we have four BlueBell half gallons in our freezer. That’s kinda a good bad thing.

Morning, everybody! And before I forget, welcome to Tarragon and Jali. Don’t worry, we only bite if you ask nicely.

It rained all weekend here, too. Which was really fine by me. I had nothing I wanted to go out and do. Saturday was spent messing with my new iPod and downloading songs. And then I eventually had to go somewhere so I could listen to the new toy in the car, and ended up at Best Buy getting movies I didn’t really need to buy. The downfall was the giganimous Superman display right at the front of the store. I feel about Superman the way most people feel about food and shelter. The marketeers at Best Buy so got me. Luckily, I was too poor to pick up everything I didn’t have, but I did walk away with the third season of Lois and Clark and that new documentary on the history of Superman. (That was only ten bucks! It’s a deal, I tell you!) If I’d had more money (i.e., if I’d not bought the iPod and had no reason to go to Best Buy in the first place), I most certainly would have come home with the second seasons of both the Animated Series and Justice League.

And then I sat in my house and watched Superman for a day and a half.* :slight_smile: With a quick trip in the rain yesterday afternoon because Roomie and I both got out crocheting projects we’d been working on, decided we didn’t want to work on those, and had to go buy new yarn. We’re somewhat hopeless.

And I did eat ice cream last night–Hagen Dazs Cherry Vanilla, to be precise.

• This is, of course, in preparation for going to see Superman Returns tomorrow night–the theater by my house seems to have taken pity on those of us who would like to go to a midnight show but are too old and tired to, and will begin showing the movie at 10:00.

I’ll never understand why people get all angsty about posting to the MMP thread. This has got to be about the lowest stress thing you can do on the internet. These people are nice. Especially FairyChatMom. She’s the nicestest ever.

Watch out for welby, though. He’s trouble.

Holy crap, it’s Exgineer! Hi, Ex! Man, we’ve been missing you for two weeks now!

Ex, darlin!! Where ya been keeping yerself? Did you bring me a present??

:smiley:

I haven’t cause trouble in days.

Welcome back man. Glad to see that the busyness died down.

And welcome to the newbies. Whatever Exgineer says - do the opposite.

OK Tarragon is your nickname Tarra or Spicy? Just wondering.

This weekend was my husband’s birthday. In honor of his big day I baked him his favorite cake from scratch. Pineapple upside-down cake. First time I ever made it with fresh pineapple. I cheated with the pineapple juice though and used canned since I didn’t have any way to juice a pineapple. Oh, and the recipe called for “Tahitian Vanilla Extract” and I only have plain old grocery store vanilla extract.

Still the cake was just delicious and I’m quite proud. Hubby liked it too. Now we have a whole cake in the refrigerator that we’ll have to eat (isn’t it a law or something) so there goes the diet. I may have to double up on the exercise to make up for the extra calories.

As for ice cream we try not to buy it because if we have it we eat it and it just makes us rounder. We don’t want to be rounder.

Knowing the way things work around here we’ll probably end up calling him Bob.

I have been round for my entire thirty years on this earth. I have come to the conclusion that I was made to be round. God looked down upon me at birth and said “Let her be round forevermore.” I follow God’s decree and eat ice cream. :slight_smile:

What ex said! And really interestin people, too! And I didn’t just say that so somebody’d give me ice cream. See, I’m not all that into ice cream. Once in a blue moon I crave a hot fudge sundae but that’s about it. Anyway, singing cows give me the creeps.

Loooooooonnnnngggg weekend with much to do. Friday I got alla my errands done and then some. Saturday was grocery shoppin day plus move alla my clothes outta the Master Bedroom closet cause that’s gonna be tiled.

Yesterday was house cleanin and laundry day so, poof!, weekend over.

Tile guy started this morning. I CANNOT believe how much this Master Bath redo is costing. To think I could get a face lift and boob lift for what this is costing. Tell me why the house is getting the redo instead of me! :mad:

Tupug

Morning, everybody!

I love me some Blue Bell, Swampy. If’n it’s got chocolate in it, I’m all over it. Vanilla’s good, too. The boys like Butter Pecan - but I can pass on that. Great idea for a MMP.

Welcome to the newcomers!

Exie’s back! Woo-hoo!

I totally forgot - I finished Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil.

Let me point out, that - eh, let me spoiler it.

One hundred and seventy-six pages into the book the murder occured. The murder that was lovingly described in the book jacket. Whoa. The book is indeed, not overly concerned with the murder at all, but rather with the quiet society of Savannah, the down-home sort of Southern air, and all the cast of characters that roam through the pages. It’s not a half-bad book. It’s not at all the type I usually read, but while I didn’t race through it like a Pratchett book, I was pretty entertained. I think swampy should read the book, especially, and probably some of the other Southerners…it has a sweet, almost melnacholy air to it.

Oh dear, why does everyone have to be talking about ice cream? I’m on a diet, you know! I broke it Saturday night, though, and finished off the Edy’s light vanilla with chocolate sauce and three marschino cherries. Really, the ice cream was just an excuse to eat the cherries. And it was my roommate who bought the cherries and lead me into temptation, so I blame him for the whole thing.

If anyone’s wondering where I’ve been lately, the answer is San Francisco. I won a spelling bee in a gay bar. Yay me!

Friday evening my guy came over, and good times ensued. He’s still not comfortable being called my “boyfriend,” so I informed him that his title henceforth will be “consort.” 'Cause I need to call him something, you know?

Tel, I hope you’re okay. A lot of taxis take credit cards these days, I’m pretty sure.

Ice cream, Pt II.

I realized last night, after seeing a commercial on TV, that I have never had a banananananana split. Ain’t that weird? I just might have one at lunch. After I go out and buy a big honkin’ driver for Wednesday. I borrowed the bosses last year on the last hole, and ended up dropping the ball right onto the putting green, almost 400 yards in the air.

If you haven’t seen the movie yet, go rent it. It’s fantastic–but anything involving John Cusack and Kevin Spacey will certainly be better than average.

A friend of mine once bought the book at a truck stop when going south to visit somebody. When she got to Savannah and had a couple hours to wait, she found a nice pretty spot in a park to read, and set to it. Eventually, it dawned on her that she was sitting directly in front of the house she was reading about. :slight_smile:

Ex, she’s the nicest ever, dammit… :rolleyes:

:wink:

Maybe because gravity is less likely to undo a Master Bath redo than a Master Bod redo??

:smiley:

Hey, where’d my post go?

Damn hamsters.

Honest, I had a neat post with pictures of people and a good ice cream recipe.

Now I have to run, I’ll try later.

Did I say damn hamsters?