Cantaloupe 'n Cream Ice Cream by Bluebell

Sounds odd, but tastes great. Made with Pecos melons!

…excuse me, I’m sick. Excuse me, I’m sick…

:slight_smile:

That sounds atrocious. Cantaloupe by itself is bad enough but in ice cream? Ugh.

Ooh. I love cantaloupe and I love ice cream and I can only imagine that it’s good.
My grandpa used to make cantaloupe jelly. It sounds weird, but it was delicious. I haven’t had it for over 15 years and no one knows if he had a recipe or just made it up.

My mom and aunts make cantaloupe juice. Not really juice, but more like a very thin smoothie. Its delicious.

ca3799 , your evil brother told me about that so I had to go get some, man is it good! Of course, it helps of you don’t hate cantaloupe. I haven’t bought cantaloupe in so long 'cause I can’t find any good ones (don’t know the trick to picking them).
Blue Bell also recently came out with Key Lime Pie, mmmmmmm…pie :slight_smile:
Years ago I had some Pecan Pie Blue Bell and it was amazing, haven’t seen it in 6 or 7 years though :confused:

The terms are mutually exclusive.

:slight_smile:

Where might I purchase this taste treat?

If you live in the southeastern U.S., you’re in luck. They do Fedex orders, however.

Blue Bell

My personal favorite: Pecan Pralines 'n Cream.

I had no idea Blue Bell was regional. I’d not seen any since moving to the PNW but didn’t think much of it since I rarely eat ice cream anyway. Huh.

I might have to do the FedEx thing though. While I abhor canteloupe, I ***love ** * anything lime or lemon flavored and Key Lime Pie ice cream sounds ambrosial.

I think I may go get some of this…really soon.

I’ve always wondered why more things aren’t cantaloupe flavored…it’s one of my favorite fruits. I will forever praise Gatorade (which I hated before) for coming up with a cantaloupe flavor–fierce melon. That is the only thing that has come near breaking my Dr. Pepper habit.

But cantaloupe ice cream…tis a dream come true.

Mine, too!

We also like homemade vanilla :smiley:

Blue Bell truly is the best ice cream to be found - especially the flavors with gold rims on their cartons - those are truly premium :stuck_out_tongue:

Adding to the testimonials, this ice cream is somehow “Better than it should be” (it’s hard to explain but it’s greater than the sum of it’s parts) and I suggest that everyone STAY AWAY from it (at least until i’m sick of it, that should be only a few months).

Unclviny

My dad used to cut a canteloupe in half, scoop out the seeds, and fill the cavity with vanilla ice cream. It’s very good. Bluebell ice cream is absolutely the best, so I imagine this new flavor is wonderful. But I will always choose Pecans Pralines’N’Cream if it’s available.