Bosda's Nietzsche sig-line--gone?

Not just now (of course, anyone can change sig-lines) but in retrospect?

I’m teaching a course featuring Nietzsche, but I was unfamiliar with the quote, so I thought I’d see the context. But when I looked for it, he had switched it for an Orwell quote, and I couldn’t find it even when I looked a few weeks back, which is when I remember it from. So when you switch sig-lines, all your past sig-lines change also?

Anyway, Bosda, if you see this, could you re-post it? And if you know the context, tell where, please. Thank you. (Anyone other than Bosda is also welcome to give info, of course.)

Yes – the board’s dynamic, and sigs are stored seperately from threads. When you view a thread, it’ll pull in whatever the currently stored sigs are, regardless of when the thread was first posted.

The Nietzsche quote was better in its original Klingon font.

Was it : “The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
Friedrich Nietzsche” ?

Thanks, that’s the quote–though when you’re dealing with a translation, as we are here, a word or two may be off somewhat. Or maybe I’m just remembering a loftier tone.

Bosda hasn’t posted to this thread yet – I, for one, am starting to get worried.

Has anyone heard from him?

Somebody had to do it.

Always glad to please a civil request.

<Slaps the clueless one with a wet trout>

Dear Feydeau,
A letter came for you from school today.
It says “Shut up”. :stuck_out_tongue:

Um, y’all take this outside, okay?

your humble TubaDiva