Brainglutton and Lumpy, WTF is this?

Frankly I’d have been happy to drop the whole thing at “not funny, dude” and leave it at that. LHoD saw fit to drag this into the Pit, so I answered critics of my post. I’ve said what I have to say.

There once was a man from 's-Hertogenbosch

Hmmm… doesn’t quite have the right rhythm.

You should just drop it. If you read this thread, it’s mostly about BG, not you. Or it was until you made it about you.

Why are you advising him to do that which he said he would do?

I would be too if I posted half of what goes through my mind…

Ah, so here’s another advantage to my strategy of “Lurk for a decade, then post” (In my case, it wasn’t wisdom, it was shyness around smart people).

Because I constantly think up high-LARRY-ous racist/sexist/rude one-liners in real life. I can guarantee you I could be at the funeral of my own dead baby and be chuckling inside… but I don’t post those here. Even in the Pit.

I really only have one friend that I let those out around. In person. So tone of voice, raised eyebrows, and acceptance of one’s own depravity come through. In writing, I’d look like (more of) a clueless racist/sexist/rude dude.

Good point because people always do exactly what they say they’re going to do.

Imagine that.

Lumpy’s reply was funny unless you’re a butthurt stick-up-your-ass liberal.

Which well explains this thread.

Funnier than Dennis Miller? Funnier than Victoria Jackson? Funnier than Mallard Fillmore? Funnier than…oh, guess that’s pretty much the list, isn’t it?

There’s a common stupid idea that, astonishingly, Stringbean suffers from–well, there are like five bajillion stupid ideas Stringbean suffers from, but let’s focus–that “shitty” is the opposite of “funny.”

No, it’s not. Whether you find something funny has nothing to do with whether something is a shitty joke to make. A joke might be funny and still not be worth making, if for example it relies on crass racist stereotypes for its humor.

And of course everyone knows this. This is why you don’t make dead baby jokes to someone who just suffered a miscarriage, no matter how funny the joke would be. Only an idiot or a sociopath thinks that a joke that is funny is its own justification.

The question at hand is whether a joke that relies on racist stereotypes is okay to tell if you think it’s funny. I think if you’re willing to do that, there’s no daylight between you and a racist.

Well Lumpy says I was whooshed so I believe him but I still don’t understand how what he said wasn’t offensive even if he was just kidding.

Am I being too sensitive?

I hear Charles Krauthammer does a tight 10 minutes.

Because Blacks have big lips! Ha!

When are you planning on fucking off, you useless trolling piece of shit? Or are you so deeply broken that being horrible is the best thing in your life?

The other day I was in an establishment run by a friend of mine, and he was looking at his fluorescent light fixture which was out, and he announced “it’s the ballast”. I asked him how he knew and he said when the bulbs go out they get black at the ends, and since that hadn’t happened, it was the ballast. Then he added “you know how Obama said ‘it’s time for change’? Well when the ends of the bulbs start looking like Obama, then it’s time to change them”.

Is that a racist joke? (And does the answer change based on the fact that this guy is in fact a racist?)

Are you kidding?

I think so, and no, I don’t think the answer changes based on who the joker is.

And this retarded old “joke” isn’t funny either. Or you’re really just that stupid.

Yes and no

That’s him trying to take a dump, and its more like an hour.

(Note: Vinny, I am going to apologize in advance if I have offended your delicate sensibilities. I am aware of your fond regard for Mr. Krauthhammer, in that he reminds you of your Prom date. I am not a very nice person, as you may already know, as our reserved seats on the Hellbound Train are adjacent.)

I’d just like to point out the responses the thread has gotten to calling someone out for making a shitty racist joke:

1. Liberals have no sense of humor!
  2. You just didn’t understand the joke!
  3. You’re lynching him!

Number three is my favorite.