Burpin' smoke...

Okay, now I know this is a really… really weird thing, but I’m going to mention it anyway.

When I smoke a certain substance I am able to burp smoke afterwards. I’m wondering if this has any effect on the substance being smoked, does it help? Make it worse? Also, how is that smoke sitting in me for that long? Sometimes like 10 minutes.

I guess what I’m trying to say is, I can hold smoke in my stomach (I’m guessing thats where it’d be) for like 10 minutes before I can burp it up and blow it out like regular.

Am I a freak? :smiley:

(If this is more appropraite for a different forum, please move it there, I was just guessing it’d be good here in MPSIMS)

In high school, I had a forbidden smoke between classes, and was caught when I burped the smoke up in class. Never happened before or since, but it was kind of cool.

Are you sure you’re not halucinating? Is the release confined to burps? Can you do rings?

Its confined to burps. And no I cann’t do rings, probably because I’ve never tried and have no idea how to go about doing that.

Positive I’m not seein things. I do it all the time, every time I smoke without fail too. Sometimes it will be A LOT of smoke too. Like an entire inhale of it.

I thought it was pretty cool… shrug

Do you bogart your burps?

Might be able to answer that if I knew what “Bogart” meant…

Actually it’s not cool at all and was one of the things that got me to quite 9 years ago when I was 25. I woke up one morning after a night of just casual smoking like normal. I burped right before Breakfast and smoke came out of my mouth. A noticeable amount…I was horrified. No matter what way you do it, breathing in smoke will kill you one day.

Didn’t mean to be so depressing

True, but that wasn’t the point of my post.

Was more question the reason as to why this happened to me, and not others?

I’m sure there are other people out there that this happens to, atleast every now and again. Whats the deal?

You’re not the only one. I think it has something to do with people trying to hold in the smoke for as long as possible. Eventually, you need to swallow. Invariably, some smoke will be swallowed. Not a big deal, I don’t think.

I can do this too. I can pretty much do it on command. As long as theres something to smoke.
I don’t usually hold it in for 10 minutes though.

Cite

In a medium addicted to youth, beauty and glamour, Humphrey Bogart was homely, contemptuous of gloss and middle-aged: 41 when he made The Maltese Falcon , 54 when he spent his last year on the list of Top 10 box-office draws. His legend has been building since shortly after his death, when theaters first started reviving Bogart films for young rebels (who warned each other not to “Bogart that joint”–namely, hoard a reefer as tightly as Bogie clutched his cig).

cite
http://www.metroactive.com/papers/metro/11.13.97/cover/bogart1-9746.html

Still don’t really get what you’re asking. Lol

I can remember burping smoke. It would happen from holding smoke in my lungs for as long as possible. I guess I would swallow some in the process. I also tend to think it depended on the smoking implement and the volume of smoke it produced at one time.

As it happened more frequently than I liked, I got into the habit of burping with a closed mouth and then inhaling the burp if I thought there was a chance of emitting smoke.

This may or may not be relevant but…

I remember years ago a friend showed me a nifty little trick. After smoking, breathe clean air for a few minutes to ‘clear your lungs’. Then hold your nose closed, close your lips tightly, and BLOW as hard as you can, like poofing out your cheeks, but hold them closed too. Basically maximize the pressure in your mouth for a couple seconds.

Then stop, and blow.

If you did it right, a little poof of smoke comes out.

I don’t know where it comes from, or if it’s even actually smoke. I vaguely remember reading a post somewhere about how it’s just water vapor or something, but I can’t cite that.

Maybe it’s time you stopped smoking that shit. It’s making your mind null and void.

Lol Chefguy.

The posts don’t really clarify what bogart means. As far as I can tell he means that I’m “hogging” the substance being smoked. Which has no relevance in me burping up smoke, lol.

Wasn’t there a thread by someone saying how great it was that none of those “LOL” types frequented the SDMB?

ALARM!! ALARM!!

Well thanks for the good advice, Chefguy. I’ll be sure to mark you’re name with a lil “A”, for asshole.

I can see you’re a regular ol’ post whore youself, registered at the same time as me, yet have 1451 posts. Which means you posted an average of 12 posts per day since then. And thats assuming you registered on June 1st. Thats one hell of a life you lead there.

Yeah, really! Being a regular ol’ post whore myself, if I don’t like a thread… I just don’t post in it! Pretty simple… :stuck_out_tongue: