Can we please not do this again (Zimmerman media circus)?

Couldn’t we settle for not turning every inflammatory news item into a Pit thread?

I hate to be that guy, but… cite?

only two facts are indisputable

1- zimmerman got out of his car and followed him down that alley
2- zimmerman killed trevon martin

Right, but if the OP agrees with it, it’s “important.” If he doesn’t, then it’s “a thing.” Can you please see that?

You could probably get away with it too, using the “trans-panic” defence

One place to start - http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showpost.php?p=16442409&postcount=52

Apologies for triple post, but here’s the good 'un

No. 2 is false.

O rly?

Options:

1: Martin killed himself.
2: Martin isn’t dead (someone should really let him know if it’s this one).
3: Grassy Knoll shooter.

Which one are we going for?

Okay, let me look at the big picture here. BPC was 17 and was in an online relationship with an unhappy living at home 16 year old who he wanted to help/save. Then when he was 18 he was in an IRL sexual relationship with a 48 year old woman and his peers thought it was creepy. And then while he’s still 18 he’s in an IRL sexual relationship with a girl who’s around 15 but developmentally delayed/disabled. And he’s scheduled to leave the continent.

I see 2 common things in all these situations: 1) they all involve troubled females and B) they all involve Budget Player Cadet.

BPC, do you have the word “Savior” tattooed on your forehead in some sort of special ink that only trouble females can see? Or do you think you’re on some sort of Mission from God to save females in trouble? You can pat yourself on your back as much as you want for your maturity, but you’re repeatedly putting yourself in situations that to most adults just shout out “This will not turn out well.”

It’s easy for people in their late 20’s and older to forget what they were like when they were 18-19 or so. Because when you’re 19ish, you know everything. And you’re indestructible. And old people just don’t understand.

Except that we old folks have been there. There really isn’t that much that’s new under the sun. Sure, the names of the bands are different, the clothing styles are different, but that’s just superficial. All old folks ( those over 25) really have are more experiences and from that, more ability to put stuff in perspective. So, from my place of experience, I’ll say this: There’s no point in us giving PBC any advice. He’ll do what he’s decided is the right thing to do. Maybe eventually he’ll learn for himself.

#4 Who the fuck is Trevon Martin?

Oh ferchrissakes. My apologies to Mr. Simmerman.

Simmer Man,
Simmer Man,
Does whatever a simmer can.
Can he swing, from a thread?
No he can’t, he’s too fat.

I’m confused. What is this Trevon Martan/Georg Simmerman media circus the OP is complaining about? When I google it I get stuff about Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman, but I don’t remember hearing about that on the news or people discussing it here. So what’s his beef?

I wish we would do “this” again. I am curious how all those folks who rallied behind Zimmerman feel about Dunn. I was chided so harshly for expressing my belief that Zimmerman needed to be punished for having been so wreckless and indifferent to life. But I feel the same way about Dunn and I am totally unapologetic about it. His story is ridiculous and it’s not corroborated by witnesses (including his own fiance) or physical evidence. He is another wannabe Dirty Harry who is praying the jury is just racist enough to let him go free. And if he does go free, I will likely feel pissed off enough to post a Pit thread about it, so that others can see that Florida earns its reputation as a hell-hole quite honestly.

We can have eleventy-billion pages devoted to pigeon eggs, but the Straight Dope can’t stomach another thread about a murder trial? I know we’ve got our fair share of whiny crybaby fuck-ups here, but surely we aren’t THAT pathetic.

A thread started for the purpose of NOT keeping something in the spotlight?

That makes all kind of sense!

In principle i agree with SYG laws but I think your gonna be hard pressed to find anyone defending Dunn’s actions. Zimmerman was being assaulted.

Yeah, yeah; guys can we not make that into a “thing”?

Best way to do that is to start a thread about it. Apparently.